Are the Vaccines becoming too confusing now ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
With so many in the race to produce a vaccine which can defeat Covid 19 i`m losing sight of what the offer is . Are they each claiming to actually "kill" the Virus or just help us to withstand the savage attacks ? Originally it was deemed essential to have one of the two which were being introduced to the public used twice within 3 weeks to be effective. Now things seem to have altered and the 3 weeks have stretched to 14 or more weeks ?. No wonder many people are suspicious of their efficacy(?) .

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't think any of the vaccines are designed to 'kill' the virus, but just 'control' it. The old and the vulnerable will get the vaccine to prevent them getting seriously ill or dying. The young and fit should get the jab to stop them passing the virus on. As for the middle-aged, we can please ourselves. :rolleyes:
One thing in the news that surprised me was that 20% of care workers are refusing the vaccine! Should that then preclude them from working in a care home?

B

Bad_Influence

I wish people would stop saying having the jab prevents you passing the virus on. It certainly doesn’t. Thats why the govt advert is Stay At Home, Look After The NHS, Save Lives, and not Have The Vaccine, Look After The NHS, Save Lives.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
You can not force people to take something they don't want to ,

As many as 20% , So they don't all have that " We are saved rhetoric"

Initial indicators are not showing any impact from the Vaccine as yet but i guess it's early days ,

Bullshit takes a while to baffle brains XD

B

Bad_Influence

My choice to not have the vaccine puts only me at risk. People ignoring the regulations puts everyone they meet at risk. And everyone that meets everyone they meet. And on it goes.

To think the rules don’t need to be followed once you’ve had the vaccine is very dangerous.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I wish people would stop saying having the jab prevents you passing the virus on. It certainly doesn’t. Thats why the govt advert is Stay At Home, Look After The NHS, Save Lives, and not Have The Vaccine, Look After The NHS, Save Lives.
You do know some things then :)

TopCat1

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Strongly agree :)

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Actually, there IS increasing evidence that, certainly with the AstraZeneca vaccine, it may also have the benefit of considerably reducing the likelihood of transmission to others of any infection picked up by the vaccinated host. If true, this is very good news indeed. But I agree, that vaccinated people should still behave pretty much as the y did before, at least for now.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't think any of the vaccines are designed to 'kill' the virus, but just 'control' it. The old and the vulnerable will get the vaccine to prevent them getting seriously ill or dying. The young and fit should get the jab to stop them passing the virus on. As for the middle-aged, we can please ourselves. :rolleyes:
One thing in the news that surprised me was that 20% of care workers are refusing the vaccine! Should that then preclude them from working in a care home?
Yes, it's worrying that a sizable minority of care workers are refusing the vaccine. I wonder if this has any correlation with a higher than average proportion of such workers coming from the former eastern block countries where suspicion of vaccination is much, much higher than in the UK....plus maybe a higher than average proportion coming from ethnic minority backgrounds with similar levels of resistance to vaccination.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If you don't have the virus you can't pass it on. If for that reason alone, young, fit and healthy people must be encouraged to take the vaccine to reduce the risk of transmission. Getting people to do it for altruistic reasons might be just as difficult as getting those refusing the jab for cultural/distrust reasons.. . . .

B

Bad_Influence

Actually, there IS increasing evidence that, certainly with the AstraZeneca vaccine, it may also have the benefit of considerably reducing the likelihood of transmission to others of any infection picked up by the vaccinated host. If true, this is very good news indeed. But I agree, that vaccinated people should still behave pretty much as the y did before, at least for now.

There is very little evidence that ANY vaccine reduces the risk of transmission by contact or air.
Please stop spreading rumours like this, you are not helping.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There is very little evidence that ANY vaccine reduces the risk of transmission by contact or air.
Please stop spreading rumours like this, you are not helping.
Well, if you count recent research done by Oxford University (and reported on today by various reliable sources including the BBC) which indicates the likely reduction in transmission of the virus from hosts who have been immunised with the Oxford AstraZeeca vaccine as "rumours", then I'm guilty as charged. Perhaps you think completely unsubstantiated and ridiculous conspiracy theories floating around on the internet are the real deal huh? If so, you are very much in the minority. I suggest you get back to the real grown-up world, and stop dismissing the result of scientific tests as "rumours". I would also suggest you start using that grey thing between your ears for the purposes for which it was intended.

B

Bad_Influence

Well, if you count recent research done by Oxford University (and reported on today by various reliable sources including the BBC) which indicates the likely reduction in transmission of the virus from hosts who have been immunised with the Oxford AstraZeeca vaccine as "rumours", then I'm guilty as charged. Perhaps you think completely unsubstantiated and ridiculous conspiracy theories floating around on the internet are the real deal huh? If so, you are very much in the minority. I suggest you get back to the real grown-up world, and stop dismissing the result of scientific tests as "rumours". I would also suggest you start using that grey thing between your ears for the purposes for which it was intended.

Ive just read the BBC piece you cite.
‘Likely’, ‘Could’ and ‘May’ have rarely been used so often.
So that’s set in stone then. I fully understand the public grasping at such snippets of information and taking it as gospel, but it’s a very dangerous thing to do. It WILL make people less conscientious about the regulations whether they had the Oxford vaccine or not.
Whether it really reduces transmission is not my point, my point is that people (not all, but very many) will think ALL the vaccines will have the same effect so they can ignore the safety measures currently set out.
Maybe it’s you who should use your grey matter instead of believing everything the BBC tells you.
The BBC doesn't always tell lies, just as not all conspiracy theories are wrong, it’s just a case of finding out which is which in both cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Ive just read the BBC piece you cite.
‘Likely’, ‘Could’ and ‘May’ have rarely been used so often.
So that’s set in stone then. I fully understand the public grasping at such snippets of information and taking is as gospel, but it’s a very dangerous thing to do. It WILL make people less conscientious about the regulations whether they had the Oxford vaccine or not.
Whether it really reduces transmission is not my point, my point is that people (not all, but very many) will think ALL the vaccines will have the same effect so they can ignore the safety measures currently set out.
Maybe it’s you who should use your grey matter instead of believing everything the BBC tells you.
The BBC does always tell lies, just as not all conspiracy theories are wrong, it’s just a case of finding out which is which in both cases.
If you read my posts, I never claimed it was yet a certainty. Stop twisting my words and grow up.

B

Bad_Influence

If you read my posts, I never claimed it was yet a certainty. Stop twisting my words and grow up.

I know you didn't, I never said you did. Only that people will read the claims and take it as a green light to ignore the regulations, no matter which vaccine they have had. Enough people are already flouting the rules, as seen in the news every day, so telling folk that one in 5 who've had the vaccine MIGHT have a reduced chance of spreading the virus is dangerous.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The vaccine/s work/s.

The government advice hasn't. For over a year now.

Playing politics with a pandemic and vaccine/s, was never going to work, it was only going to confuse, and the end result, is the bloody mess we have now.

It is that simple.

Last edited:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The report released in the news today isnt independent.
Go read it.
Study was funded in part by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, who happen to have shares in Astra.
Also they own a German company whos mRNA research is the foundation of the vaccine delivery system.
Follow the money first, trust later.

B

Bad_Influence

The vaccine/s work/s.

The government advice hasn't. For over a year now.

Playing politics with a pandemic and the vaccine/s was never going to work, was only going to confuse, and the end result is the bloody mess we have now.

It is that simple.

If only it were that simple.

It's far too early to say the vaccines work in reducing the spread of the virus.
Against my initial wishes, lockdown DOES work, lifting the restrictions too early has been a huge mistake, as proven over Christmas.
When the lockdown first started there was a dramatic reduction in cases, the R number came down quickly. This time it has been slower mainly because people in general have not taken the regulations seriously.

That's why the Gov't is still telling the country to follow the lockdown regulations to protect the NHS, and not saying the vaccines will protect the NHS.

Joe and Jane Public are believing that the vaccines are the end-game.... when that is most certainly not the case. As reported today, Vaccines against the new variants SHOULD be ready by October, but how many other variants will have surfaced by then?

This virus will never go away, we are going to have to accept that fact.

B

Bad_Influence

The report released in the news today isnt independent.
Go read it.
Study was funded in part by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, who happen to have shares in Astra.
Also they own a German company whos mRNA research is the foundation of the vaccine delivery system.
Follow the money first, trust later.

I couldn't agree more. People are ignoring the fact that big businesses WILL use pandemic this as an opportunity, and that nothing they do is without the chance of a few billion bucks.

People will claim it's a conspiracy theory without checking the facts because they don't WANT to believe their gov'ts and money-men would screw them over in the name of cash.
Naivety is much more comfortable than the truth.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Much to my dismay i have to agree with the following and am glad to see that he is prepared to accept being wrong sometimes .:-
" Against my initial wishes, lockdown DOES work, lifting the restrictions too early has been a huge mistake, as proven over Christmas.
When the lockdown first started there was a dramatic reduction in cases, the R number came down quickly. This time it has been slower mainly because people in general have not taken the regulations seriously."

He knows who he is :)

Back