Are the Vaccines becoming too confusing now ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
"
Covid denier from West Midlands who thought pandemic was hoax dies of virus
Ryan Merrifield & James Rodger 3 hrs ago
http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/BB1dlRsV?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...er=http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/BB1dlRsV?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/BB1dlRsV?ocid=sw

This from a local newspaper :- worth reading as it might put a few straight about the Virus.
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...er=http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/BB1dlRsV?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/BB1dlRsV?ocid=sw

upload_2021-2-3_17-45-4.png
A Covid denier from the West Midlands who refused to wear a face mask has tragically died after catching the COVID himself.

Gary Matthews, 46, from Shrewsbury, Shropshire, died a day after testing positive for COVID on January 13.

He was a regular contributor to online conspiracy forums, according to the Mirror, our sister title.

The 46-year-old believed the bug was a hoax, according to his cousin.

He is understood to have claimed he suffered from asthma before he died, though his family were unaware he had the condition.

Cousin Tristan Copeland said his relative refused to adhere to social distancing guidelines and had developed a strong distrust of the media.

"He and his friends had the mindset that they needed to go out and meet people to show they didn’t believe the government," Mr Copeland told The Guardian.

"About two or three years ago he became very concerned about the conflict in Syria from a humanitarian point of view.

"I think he read a few stories which led him to distrust the media. Eventually that led him to some climate change denial groups which he started posting on."

It comes amid new reports a staggering 1 in 5 people in the West Midlands have had Covid, according to the ONS.

However, Mr Copeland remembers Mr Matthews as a kind and talented man who loved painting portraits, with his death "heartbreaking" for the family who were "all very close".

He believes his cousin was "led astray" by conspiracy groups online in the months before his death.

B

Bad_Influence

Much to my dismay i have to agree with the following and am glad to see that he is prepared to accept being wrong sometimes .:-
" Against my initial wishes, lockdown DOES work, lifting the restrictions too early has been a huge mistake, as proven over Christmas.
When the lockdown first started there was a dramatic reduction in cases, the R number came down quickly. This time it has been slower mainly because people in general have not taken the regulations seriously."

He knows who he is :)

I still think herd-immunity (while shielding the most vulnerable) was the way to go at the start, keeping the country more stable both financially, and on a mental-health basis. But once we began using lockdowns we had to see it through properly, something we have failed to do.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I despair at the paranoid stupidity of tin foil hat wearers.

It's never ending.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
If only it were that simple.

It's far too early to say the vaccines work in reducing the spread of the virus.
Against my initial wishes, lockdown DOES work, lifting the restrictions too early has been a huge mistake, as proven over Christmas.
When the lockdown first started there was a dramatic reduction in cases, the R number came down quickly. This time it has been slower mainly because people in general have not taken the regulations seriously.

That's why the Gov't is still telling the country to follow the lockdown regulations to protect the NHS, and not saying the vaccines will protect the NHS.

Joe and Jane Public are believing that the vaccines are the end-game.... when that is most certainly not the case. As reported today, Vaccines against the new variants SHOULD be ready by October, but how many other variants will have surfaced by then?

This virus will never go away, we are going to have to accept that fact.

1. Vaccines don't reduce the spread of ANY virus.

2. Lockdowns only work if you believe in the system the Gov't is telling you to. And being portrayed in the mainstream media.

3.When the First lockdown started....Hmm...There was a dramatic reduction in cases.? Only if you believe what you see on tv...Media.

4..Yes there IS a Virus going around. But it's origins are frightening. When you dig a little deeper and don't fall for all the crap being spouted as facts then there is much to be learned.

5.There will be 'Varients' of the 'Virus'...to suit the needs of the grand plan.

6.The 'Virus' will not go away....?...NO...It wont...Purely because it was Designed and Created by our Govt's to do just exactly that.

7. Nothing further to add... apart from...I'm NOT Omega.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
We haven't failed anything. But, Johnson and his merry band of ignoramuses have.

The ridiculousness of a inept government, who, right from the very start, fucked up the whole pandemic response and has placed the UK exactly where we are right now. The government have failed us. Preferring instead to go for boasting about world beating everything, when the reality is that everything they have put in place, attempted to do, while going against the advice of the health advisors and scientific community, has been First Place in the Stupid sh** Action League. World Beating Tossers, who thought they knew better. And all the advice, from health experts, to scientists was poo pooed, ignored, defied, by a man who was more interested in fist pumping and faux public reassurances, than working hard and getting this sorted.

Lacking leadership. Mixed messages. U-turns. Moronic actions. From ''I'm shaking hands with Covid patients'', Cummings eye trip test, to opening up schools, lack of masks, and not closing down the UK borders. We, all of us, have been shafted, right up the covid arse. And this bloody mess is going to take years to recover from.

The waste of hundreds of thousands of decent lives, health/work effort by so many hard working people, time and billions in money. On their heads be it.

They need to step up to the mark now. Take control, sort it out. But not one of them have the experience or the guts to do so.

I really wish they would take charge. I want them to succeed. But my god, it's staggeringly bad in so many way.

The only thing that is going to save us, you, me, your family, friends, is the hard work of NHS staff, carers, front line workers and the scientists, who are fighting every single day to keep up with vaccines and the virus mutations, if they can.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
We haven't failed anything. But, Johnson and his merry band of ignoramuses have.

The ridiculousness of a inept government, who, right from the very start, fucked up the whole pandemic response and has placed the UK exactly where we are right now. The government have failed us. Preferring instead to go for boasting about world beating everything, when the reality is that everything they have put in place, attempted to do, while going against the advice of the health advisors and scientific community, has been First Place in the Stupid sh** Action League. World Beating Tossers, who thought they knew better. And all the advice, from health experts, to scientists was poo pooed, ignored, defied, by a man who was more interested in fist pumping and faux public reassurances, than working hard and getting this sorted.

Lacking leadership. Mixed messages. U-turns. Moronic actions. From ''I'm shaking hands with Covid patients'', Cummings eye trip test, to opening up schools, lack of masks, and not closing down the UK borders. We, all of us, have been shafted, right up the covid arse. And this bloody mess is going to take years to recover from.

The waste of hundreds of thousands of decent lives, health/work effort by so many hard working people, time and billions in money. On their heads be it.

They need to step up to the mark now. Take control, sort it out. But not one of them have the experience or the guts to do so.

I really wish they would take charge. I want them to succeed. But my god, it's staggeringly bad in so many way.

The only thing that is going to save us, you, me, your family, friends, is the hard work of NHS staff, carers, front line workers and the scientists, who are fighting every single day to keep up with vaccines and the virus mutations, if they can.

Take a step back fella.

The ONLY thing that is going to save anyone in this situation is Sensibility and a sound reasoning.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Don't make me post videos about The Dunning Kruger Effect.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I know you didn't, I never said you did. Only that people will read the claims and take it as a green light to ignore the regulations, no matter which vaccine they have had. Enough people are already flouting the rules, as seen in the news every day, so telling folk that one in 5 who've had the vaccine MIGHT have a reduced chance of spreading the virus is dangerous.
So are you are seriously suggesting that it's Oxford University's fault for showing that the Astra vaccine might well be effective in reducing transmission and that it should not have circulated this splendid information? Rather let's not spread the good news in case stupid people who are fed a menu of lies and half truths from the internet might start to go mad and to throw street parties? Some people ARE stupid, undoubtedly, but I think you should trust the majority of British people to have enough about them to sensibly process such information. And don't forget my initial reply to your post where you stated that the news coming out today was just "rumour" (to quote your word) was meant just to correct a blatant falsehood. It isn't rumour, it is likelihood based on proper scientific research.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Ages since i saw someone type 'Splendid.'....I liked ;)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
So are you are seriously suggesting that it's Oxford University's fault for showing that the Astra vaccine might well be effective in reducing transmission and that it should not have circulated this splendid information? Rather let's not spread the good news in case stupid people who are fed a menu of lies and half truths from the internet might start to go mad and to throw street parties? Some people ARE stupid, undoubtedly, but I think you should trust the majority of British people to have enough about them to sensibly process such information. And don't forget my initial reply to your post where you stated that the news coming out today was just "rumour" (to quote your word) was meant just to correct a blatant falsehood. It isn't rumour, it is likelihood based on proper scientific research.

This forum doesn't like the scientific method. Preferring tin foil hats and daily mail articles written by a nobody with no experience in anything.

The scientific method is a huge no no!

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes. I said take a step back fella... Anything wrong with my comment?

I replied to another comment, not a 'step back' comment. Was my comment about your comment taken as being about a different comment?

Hope you don't mind me making a comment about a comment on a comment.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I replied to another comment, not a 'step back' comment. Was my comment about your comment taken as being about a different comment?

Hope you don't mind me making a comment about a comment on a comment.

Not at all.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
*waves a hand*

Can I just say, that natural herd immunity has never happened on any illness, disease, virus, pot noodle eating belly, etc., etc,

in the whole lifetime of the human race.

Not once.

Scientifically, that is.

Maybe in the Age of Conspiracy Theorists somewhere, somehow, some, some, some.... twat rubbing a jade egg up their twat... on never mind, that's utter bloody guff too.

Natural Herd Immunity? Never has worked. Never will work. It doesn't work.

The End.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
*waves a hand*

Can I just say, that natural herd immunity has never happened on any illness, disease, virus, pot noodle eating belly, etc., etc,

in the whole lifetime of the human race.

Not once.

Scientifically, that is.

Maybe in the Age of Conspiracy Theorists somewhere, somehow, some, some, some.... twat rubbing a jade egg up their twat... on never mind, that's utter bloody guff too.

Natural Herd Immunity? Never has worked. Never will work. It doesn't work.

The End.

I do hope that comment isn't aimed at ME.

Back