alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Trauma, past abuse, or perhaps just another vice. I've experienced, seen, and lived through the worst alcoholic abuse throughout my childhood and adult life. And i absolutely refuse to drink. I have seen what it can do to people and how nasty they can become, and want no part of it.
When some friends thought it would be funny to joke about spiking my drink with alcohol because i don't drink, i wasn't laughing. In fact, i was disgusted how some so called "friends" could even joke about something like that.
As for my late father, he's had his problems which led to his drinking addiction. Death of a brother at an early age due to gambling debts, a plastering business that fell flat, putting him in heavy debt, so much to an extent where the house was nearly lost. The debt collectors took pity because we had very little, and decided to leave. Those would be difficult times for anyone to endure.
So there are many different reasons as to why people turn to alcohol. Some people like to drink socially, whereas others drink to hide the pain that's inside them and abuse it. Anything in moderation is fine. It's when that moderation becomes something regular, and a regular occurrence that is difficult to break without seeking professional help.
Very true and well said, also yes they aren't real friends such a shame

OllieOctpus3

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
you have to be drunk to go in lobby its not a sane room pmsl and jojo must be drunk to promote quiz 8 times in 5 mins lolol have a marmite sarnie jojo lol x

OllieOctpus3

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Very true and well said, also yes they aren't real friends such a shame
omg claire am sorry you had to go through that bless your heart i dont drink only sociable with friends ya still want clients lol xxx

angey021

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Trauma, past abuse, or perhaps just another vice. I've experienced, seen, and lived through the worst alcoholic abuse throughout my childhood and adult life. And i absolutely refuse to drink. I have seen what it can do to people and how nasty they can become, and want no part of it.
When some friends thought it would be funny to joke about spiking my drink with alcohol because i don't drink, i wasn't laughing. In fact, i was disgusted how some so called "friends" could even joke about something like that.
As for my late father, he's had his problems which led to his drinking addiction. Death of a brother at an early age due to gambling debts, a plastering business that fell flat, putting him in heavy debt, so much to an extent where the house was nearly lost. The debt collectors took pity because we had very little, and decided to leave. Those would be difficult times for anyone to endure.
So there are many different reasons as to why people turn to alcohol. Some people like to drink socially, whereas others drink to hide the pain that's inside them and abuse it. Anything in moderation is fine. It's when that moderation becomes something regular, and a regular occurrence that is difficult to break without seeking professional help.

OllieOctpus3

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
omg i totally agree with you about alcohol abuse unfoturnately drink is so easy available to get and yes not everyone is an alki or an alcoholic most drink in company or social in moderation i know the abuse it can have on family life and friends when in a cruel world losing jobs harder to get now with covid and companies losing employees not taking back money causes stress and breakups i do feel for you wojcik please be strong for yourself and your family as you say if you cant talk to them there is proffessional help out there

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
omg i totally agree with you about alcohol abuse unfoturnately drink is so easy available to get and yes not everyone is an alki or an alcoholic most drink in company or social in moderation i know the abuse it can have on family life and friends when in a cruel world losing jobs harder to get now with covid and companies losing employees not taking back money causes stress and breakups i do feel for you wojcik please be strong for yourself and your family as you say if you cant talk to them there is proffessional help out there
There were very little support groups out there who would get involved in those types of cases. They're usually classed as domestic related cases, so even if the person in question has become aggressive and causing distress, the Police for example won't get involved because it's classed as a domestic issue.

Alcoholism isn't a straight forward issue to deal with, as there are many complex layers to it when you're dealing with any type of addiction.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
My
There were very little support groups out there who would get involved in those types of cases. They're usually classed as domestic related cases, so even if the person in question has become aggressive and causing distress, the Police for example won't get involved because it's classed as a domestic issue.

Alcoholism isn't a straight forward issue to deal with, as there are many complex layers to it when you're dealing with any type of add
I Like a drink...I'm not an alcoholic. If I was..? I'd be the first to admit it.

Can we settle on that much.. within these walls?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back