alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My

I Like a drink...I'm not an alcoholic. If I was..? I'd be the first to admit it.

Can we settle on that much.. within these walls?..
It's very difficult for an alcoholic to see that there's a problem with their behaviour and how it affects the people around them, and then admit that there's one to begin with. I truly believe it's a disease. Something that has developed over time, maybe through habit of casual drinking on the weekends and getting plastered each week, which then develops into something more, or something traumatic that has happened in someone's life which has led them to some kind of addiction to cope.

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
some of yous are way beyond help, being the all high n mightly
No one has been high and mighty on here, they're just stating their opinion...we all have a story to tell be it a good or bad one...alcoholism in my life has affected me in more ways than one, i have seen the devastation it can cause from suicide to drink related illnesses.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's very difficult for an alcoholic to see that there's a problem with their behaviour and how it affects the people around them, and then admit that there's one to begin with. I truly believe it's a disease. Something that has developed over time, maybe through habit of casual drinking on the weekends and getting plastered each week, which then develops into something more, or something traumatic that has happened in someone's life which has led them to some kind of addiction to cope.

Jordan Peterson made the point during one of his discussions, the question we ask is "Why some people are addicts", that is the wrong question.
Life is tumultuous, it is random, frightening, fraught with the danger of being hurt both physically and mentally and it ends.
The question we should be asking is "Why isn't everyone an addict".
Only then we can understand.

OllieOctpus3

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
reported altair no need for that sick remark and if you done care about outcome you will now
altair lay off the ribena if ya cant handle it you were obv drunk at the time to say foul language and cant read the explanation wojcik was saying lets hope alcohol abuse dont happen in your family now do 1 you sad muppet lol

SCOTSBABE2021

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
but does it really make you forget, it's still there when you aren't drinking.... maybe there is another way??
i live with it every day, and this fucking governments trying to ignore it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fucking bastards, they wont help but fucking drive me daft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back