Thoughts on the latest news about the Vaccine?

B

Bad_Influence

It's so sad that you think I bring folk here. People read the forums you know?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Latest news i read is that the Pfeitzer Vacc is better than the Oxford one but neither are 100% effective. All one can do is make a decision based on how your brain thinks and who you think are the best Scientists i guess. I happen to think that now i may be equal to somone who has caught the Virus by Herd theory,who knows though .I don`t profess to know that much (as some do !) .
If you really want the Pfizer vaccine, go to one of the mass vaccination centres. Only they have the freezers to store it at -70 degrees. If you want the Oxford vaccine, wait till your local health practice invites you to attend for the jab. because they won't have the facilities to store the Pfizer one.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If you really want the Pfizer vaccine, go to one of the mass vaccination centres. Only they have the freezers to store it at -70 degrees. If you want the Oxford vaccine, wait till your local health practice invites you to attend for the jab. because they won't have the facilities to store the Pfizer one.
I think i said that i had already had the Pfizer vaccination a week ago today. I still have to have the booster though..

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Pick n Mix XD

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
@hell2bwith76 Tell me a joke ,

A decent 1 that makes ppl smile XD

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You was sort of suggesting the public get a choice in vaccines which you don't.
Actually the public does get a choice which Vaccine they have. If you don`t want a particular one you can refuse it .Of course you will have to wait to be invited again i suppose but there is a choice.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The Pfizer vaccine has to be used within a couple of hours after coming out of deep freeze. The NHS are investigating claims that In some hospitals and vaccine centres, any doses 'left over' at the end of the day are being given to family and friends of staff. A questionable practice, but Is that preferable to dumping the vaccines?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The Pfizer vaccine has to be used within a couple of hours after coming out of deep freeze. The NHS are investigating claims that In some hospitals and vaccine centres, any doses 'left over' at the end of the day are being given to family and friends of staff. A questionable practice, but Is that preferable to dumping the vaccines?

Better to be use than wasted .

B

Bad_Influence

So people are walking around believing they have had the vaccine when in fact all they got was a needle in the arm? Surely they wouldn’t let that happen? (Please note the sarcasm)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I read that the Pfeizer one has to be used within 6 hours of opening /thawing out but you have a point. Silly to waste any left over so use on anyone who is around !. My call was ,i think, due to being Diabetic. My wife wasn`t called but as she came with me i asked the Injectist(?) if wife could have one at same time as me ,considering she is in the same age bracket. He rushed off ,came back with a positive response as they had spare capacity. Had to wait while wife went through the processing and data stuff then she had hers .he said she`d have been going back for it within a week anyway ,so it made sense !.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
So people are walking around believing they have had the vaccine when in fact all they got was a needle in the arm? Surely they wouldn’t let that happen? (Please note the sarcasm)
You are noted for your sarcasm anyway but ,to allay peoples fears, if all i had was a needle filled with water then it sure made my arm ache for a day after and also we both felt tired for a few days after too.

B

Bad_Influence

You are noted for your sarcasm anyway but ,to allay peoples fears, if all i had was a needle filled with water then it sure made my arm ache for a day after and also we both felt tired for a few days after too.

You just can’t help yourself can you?

Back