Cliques. 'The sheep mentality of chat rooms'?

Do you think chat room cliques exist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What`s the difference between a Chat Initiate and a Chat Legend ?

Azzbo

Staff member
Reaction score
Put it in equation for ...take 3 members.X is sociable to Y & Z ; Y & Z don`t get along at all. Y is matey with most ( if not all) of the other roomies so when X is in he/she ignores Z to ensure that they stay in with the majority. X is typical of each of the others in that room so Z inevitably gets the cold shoulder.

I was never any good at algebra

Reaction score
Chat is what you make it, or what others make it. People online have attitudes such as they do offline, so some personalities attract people, some personalities deter people. Some people make love, some people make war, some people prefer love, some people prefer war. Or maybe its just friendship thats in motion. Or maybe we're just sheep in human clothing.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Chat is what you make it, or what others make it. People online have attitudes such as they do offline, so some personalities attract people, some personalities deter people. Some people make love, some people make war, some people prefer love, some people prefer war. Or maybe its just friendship thats in motion. Or maybe we're just sheep in human clothing.
And some people spout false accusations in order to discredit others or even worse !. You agree then that Qliques do exist in online chat?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
WP was asking a genuine question/opinion of people here, why do you feel the need to use it to slate him?

It seems the only threads you think carry any weight are your own!

Either let people post a thread and chatters answer or change it so only mods can post threads.

Sorry what ?

Was my post addressed to you ?

None of what you say there makes any sense , i don't even know who you are ?

WP is known for his abuse my comments were not @ you , i don't care about you.

Sorry you are upset lol ....o_O

Last edited:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I'd gladly butter some toast. for Myself....You didn't suck it up...You were created.

Enough said.

Drunk again ?

You wanted to be my mate last week ?

Oh sorry Loco i'm so sorry for the way i behaved ,

Good job everyone's got your number eh ;)

B

Bad_Influence

And some people spout false accusations in order to discredit others or even worse !. You agree then that Qliques do exist in online chat?

I don’t want to be accused of ignoring the original topic but this needs addressing. The accusation was not false, but ffs it was what, 5 years ago? 6 maybe? You have to let it go Hells, move on. Now back on topic please.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don’t want to be accused of ignoring the original topic but this needs addressing. The accusation was not false, but ffs it was what, 5 years ago? 6 maybe? You have to let it go Hells, move on. Now back on topic please.
You moved the origonal topic onto me personally .all i did was respond as best i could without going into any details . The origonal topic is " do Cliques exist in the chatrooms ,and they certainly do imo. Do others knows what the accusation was ? even 3 or 4 years ago .I doubt it was that long as i was not a member of UKCB then .2or 3 years maybe at most since this new site opened .

B

Bad_Influence

You moved the origonal topic onto me personally .all i did was respond as best i could without going into any details . The origonal topic is " do Cliques exist in the chatrooms ,and they certainly do imo. Do others knows what the accusation was ? even 3 or 4 years ago .I doubt it was that long as i was not a member of UKCB then .2or 3 years maybe at most since this new site opened .

Do others care? I very much doubt it. (I’m sure you have screenshots) :) The only person still bringing this up is you. And to say you didn’t go into details is laughable, you were very specific without naming names.
But yes, cliques do exist, in chat just as they do in real life. sh** happens.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Cliques is just a favourable chat word of the month.

Of course there are groups of friends and they are only labelled "Cliques" by people who are not in them.

Ridiculous.

B

Bad_Influence

Cliques is just a favourable chat word of the month.

Of course there are groups of friends and they are only labelled "Cliques" by people who are not in them.

Ridiculous.

Oi don’t steal my moment. Apparently I’m a pied piper with TWO cliques. I’m happy with that. Lol :D:D

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Sorry what ?

Was my post addressed to you ?

None of what you say there makes any sense , i don't even know who you are ?

WP is known for his abuse my comments were not @ you , i don't care about you.

Sorry you are upset lol ....o_O

By posting on an open forum your addressing everyone, upset why would i be upset? Its a chat room that is all. Seriously!!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If people like what you say, they tend to reciprocate.
Call it a "Clique", call it "Elitism", call it a "Conspiracy Theory", if you like.
I prefer to call it a conversation between friends.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
How many chatters does it take to form a clique? When I frequented the chat rooms, what with me being a bit of an odd bod, I was never friendly with more than one or two. they say like-minded people will always find each other, true isn't it? so i don't think I was ever in a clique, or a 'get-along-gang' as I call them. The only clique worth being in is the top clique, the clique with all the power :rolleyes:

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think this will be based on an individual's own personal chat experience. For me, i am oblivious to any type of cliques or groups going on.
I understand that there are regulars who will enjoy talking to the same people, and that may be difficult for new chatters to join in with those conversations, but that's the same for real life social encounters too. If I'm with a friend who has introduced me to a new social group, it may take me, and them, time to adjust to this new change.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
By posting on an open forum your addressing everyone, upset why would i be upset? Its a chat room that is all. Seriously!!

No.

I posted in an open forum and addressed somebody.

Your rant made you seem upset.

I post on a few threads not just my own.

I enjoy the forum , hope you do also =D

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
How many chatters does it take to form a clique? When I frequented the chat rooms, what with me being a bit of an odd bod, I was never friendly with more than one or two. they say like-minded people will always find each other, true isn't it? so i don't think I was ever in a clique, or a 'get-along-gang' as I call them. The only clique worth being in is the top clique, the clique with all the power :rolleyes:
I like the rear end too :D took my mind off cliques !

Back