Professor Shaz and Doctor Shak... The "Experts" .. on erm well everything clearly!

B

badly

Wonder if you could help.
A piece im working on on trombone...It goes G above the staff - F -back to G written as a slur.2 semiquavers followed by quaver.
Well logically thats near impossible on trombone without an F trigger and without the glissando and its not written as glissando.
So am using alternative positions.Instead of the conventional 1-3-1 am using a lip trill between 4-3-4,yes i know both G and F can be played in 6th and the G in 6th is more naturally suited to the trombone.
I have considered doodle tonguing the conventional positions but again,thats not whats written.
So what do i do?.Go with the lip trill 4-3-4 or the lip trill in 6?.
Wonder if you knew of any alternative way to play it?.
Asking for a friend.

Runningbear04

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Hello the Experts

Can you please help me !!
I have a problem with a fence i am " Erecting". I want the actual fence to be 8 feet high with a two foot gravel board at the bottom. I am trying to find a 10foot concrete post if this is correct, to go in the ground. is this correct that you need 300mm of "erect " Post in the "hole" in the ground for stability and to ensure the erect post come out ? I am also after advice about the best type of fence panel to install. Vertical or Horizontal i think but if you can help i would be very appreciative.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello the Experts

Can you please help me !!
I have a problem with a fence i am " Erecting". I want the actual fence to be 8 feet high with a two foot gravel board at the bottom. I am trying to find a 10foot concrete post if this is correct, to go in the ground. is this correct that you need 300mm of "erect " Post in the "hole" in the ground for stability and to ensure the erect post come out ? I am also after advice about the best type of fence panel to install. Vertical or Horizontal i think but if you can help i would be very appreciative.

Max amount into the hole and and always Horizontal.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
A piece im working on on trombone...It goes G above the staff - F -back to G written as a slur.2 semiquavers followed by quaver.
Well logically thats near impossible on trombone without an F trigger and without the glissando and its not written as glissando.
So am using alternative positions.Instead of the conventional 1-3-1 am using a lip trill between 4-3-4,yes i know both G and F can be played in 6th and the G in 6th is more naturally suited to the trombone.
I have considered doodle tonguing the conventional positions but again,thats not whats written.
Asking for a friend.

Bin the trombone or you will never pull.

SolitaryRuby

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
"The old wonk" has realised this well known fact at last. Go girls...share the "knowledge", you know what I mean ;) lol.
Btw, I expect backlash at some point:eek:

SolitaryRuby

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Oh and because you are so incredibly clever, can you make this rain stop so I can paint my cabin?

Ash710

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Asking for a friend.
...convert to a tambourine!

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Miss Expert is there any charge on advice

Any advice on diy or should i get someone in

Back