people adding themselves to follow on profiles

bammy

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
can there be a facility to remove followers or make themask before they are added
people just add themselves to my profile there ones that have i dont want them following me
feels like i am being stalked - especialy by the 2 that have added rtthemselves i dont even chat to them cos they are rude disgusting and abusive

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
can there be a facility to remove followers or make themask before they are added
people just add themselves to my profile there ones that have i dont want them following me
feels like i am being stalked - especialy by the 2 that have added rtthemselves i dont even chat to them cos they are rude disgusting and abusive
this has been asked for before
didt get very far, i stick the one who follow me on ignore no idea if it worked

bammy

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
would setting profile to private - if you can do that - stop it

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
People can still follow you when you set your profile to private, there is no full proof way to stop it. I have asked TDL several times if something can be put in place for so people have the choice to accept or decline a follower, but she declined to do anything about it. If you get an unwanted follower you can block them, but that doesn't remove them, sadly.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
People can still follow you when you set your profile to private, there is no full proof way to stop it. I have asked TDL several times if something can be put in place for so people have the choice to accept or decline a follower, but she declined to do anything about it.
Thank you Yaris,

E

Evonne

scary to think that following someone on here is the closest they get to real contact.

bammy

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
there should be a thing to ask first before someone add them selves to folow or somthing to delete then from follow

bammy

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
People can still follow you when you set your profile to private, there is no full proof way to stop it. I have asked TDL several times if something can be put in place for so people have the choice to accept or decline a follower, but she declined to do anything about it. If you get an unwanted follower you can block them, but that doesn't remove them, sadly.
even if u blocked the chatter they still can follow u - feel like im being stalked

B

Bad_Influence

It's simple.... Post nothing that you don't want the world to see... Problem solved.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I know what you mean, Bammster. Similar here - there are people I have discovered follow me but I have no clue who they are and we never chat because I just don't see them about. It does seem odd. Having said that, it didn't bother me at all because I hadn't noticed for ages until I scrolled down a bit further one day and saw I have 'Followers'! I have tried to feel flattered but I am of the impression they must have drunk-followed me some night when I was perchance tipsy and seemed like fun... I was genuinely fun once but that was in 1996 and it was a short-lived thing.

B

Bad_Influence

I know what you mean, Bammster. Similar here - there are people I have discovered follow me but I have no clue who they are and we never chat because I just don't see them about. It does seem odd. Having said that, it didn't bother me at all because I hadn't noticed for ages until I scrolled down a bit further one day and saw I have 'Followers'! I have tried to feel flattered but I am of the impression they must have drunk-followed me some night when I was perchance tipsy and seemed like fun... I was genuinely fun once but that was in 1996 and it was a short-lived thing.
Oh there's so much I could say but I'm far too nice. :D:p:rolleyes:

bammy

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
i am asking about getting rid of followers now im getting reply to my post for someone called bamster
i just want rid of 2 id i dont chat to them they horrible foul perverts and abusers

Last edited:
B

Bad_Influence

We all wish we could do that Bammy. I have asked but not got a reply. :(

Back