YAH Mods with no avatars

J

JustinCredible

It's nice to put a face to the person you're typing to as we're a little community in YAH and it's nice to share..so come on and join in with the rest of the chatters or is there something to hide?
Have people come to this site and assumed a new identity for fear of being recognised? a bit like Superman! I hope not because that would be wrong and a little disingenuous.

Shelagh

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
All putting a picture up proves is that someone has the ability to upload pictures etc. It does not prove that said picture is actually of the user!

Maybe they need to have a picture taken with the day's paper headline on show lol....

J

JustinCredible

Precisely.. authenticate the picture! personally I think they're in the chat witness protection program.

hibs

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
who cares what people look like its only a chatroom lol

J

JustinCredible

And that proves what? That someone can take a picture holding the current day’s paper. It doesn’t prove they are who they say they are or that what ever they have told you is the truth.
It proves what they look like.

J

JustinCredible

Yes.. The chat witness protection program....chatters that are so detested and hated they have to be taken out of chat and placed in another chat site..given Mod status so they have added protection.. hmmmmmmm makes sense now!

dragongirl

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
honestly!!! It's their choice not to have an avatar. Does it matter if a person has an avatar or not. Chat is a bit of fun, Me thinks you need to get a hobby, Justin.. :D

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
honestly!!! It's their choice not to have an avatar. Does it matter if a person has an avatar or not. Chat is a bit of fun, Me thinks you need to get a hobby, Justin.. :D
He has one, Dragon, being a wind up merchant :p

J

JustinCredible

If I had 4 kids to 2 women that would indeed make me a 4 x 2.. yes.. I am a piece of wood..I am a plank!

hibs

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
u seem to be as thick as 2 short planks justin lol

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I think peeps should have an avatar photo......cant see why they dont want to show their face. Does it really matter how ugly anyone is? :eek:

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think peeps should have an avatar photo......cant see why they dont want to show their face. Does it really matter how ugly anyone is? :eek:

But you have to understand people sometimes come online and wish to remain anonymous and wish to keep there "Real" life so to speak separate.

I certainly wouldn't wish to share photos of me with random strangers in a chat room. Anyway whose to say a photo put up is really that person?

J

JustinCredible

But you have to understand people sometimes come online and wish to remain anonymous
That's fair enough for people simply wanting to chat but moderating is a position of responsibility it should not be done in total anonymity

Shelagh

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I don't have me as my avatar, but I am willing in most cases to send my pic to people who ask... some people may prefer to remain incognito or maybe have other reasons for not showing who they are ( taps nose) lol

scaredycat000

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
lol oh I read this all wrong I thought you meant its wrong for anyone not to have a photo of themselves in here. I just noticed you mean mods should. I don't think it matters if you have a pic or not even if you are a normal chatter or a mod like someone said its just a chat room. some people don't like showing their pic its their choice I guess.

Back