Why?

B

Bad_Influence

Why are Labour so busy slating Boris for his decorating? Getting someone other than the taxpayers to cough up is a good thing surely?
shouldn't Labour be more worried that Charlotte Nichols lied on her electoral registration paper to secure an already safe seat? I don’t care who paid for number 10 as long as it wasn’t the taxpayer, I’m more concerned that MPs lie about where they live just to be fast-tracked I to government.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
She's just yet another Corbynite parachuted into a safe northern seat. Those Corbynistas haven't gone away. They're just waiting on the sidelines for Keir Starmer to fail, and if history is created by Labour losing Hartlepool on Thurs, that may come sooner than expected

B

Bad_Influence

She's just yet another Corbynite parachuted into a safe northern seat. Those Corbynistas haven't gone away. They're just waiting on the sidelines for Keir Starmer to fail, and if history is created by Labour losing Hartlepool on Thurs, that may come sooner than expected
It seems likely according to the polls too. :D:D

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I see the usual suspects (Diane Abbott, Len McCluskey etc) were quick off the blocks to make capital out of Labour's loss of Hartlepool. But Labour only have themselves to blame, putting up a Remain candidate, who had already been rejected once, in a strong Leave seat. What were they thinking? taking working-class voters for granted, as per. Best quote I've heard today is - Labour are suffering for 'Long Corbyn' :)

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Why, questions are so confronting.
Chill dude cause it is what it is .

BlackMagicBabeXx

“Shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.”
Reaction score
Why are Labour so busy slating Boris for his decorating? Getting someone other than the taxpayers to cough up is a good thing surely?
shouldn't Labour be more worried that Charlotte Nichols lied on her electoral registration paper to secure an already safe seat? I don’t care who paid for number 10 as long as it wasn’t the taxpayer, I’m more concerned that MPs lie about where they live just to be fast-tracked I to government.
I live in the shed at the bottom of the garden, can I be elected into government?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Politics is full of shenanigans and skulduggery, done by all Parties. It's just some are better at hiding their sins than others. No one's clean, otherwise the Whip wouldn't have anyone to reel back the MPs when it comes down to an important vote.
In this case, Labour tried to focus on something which the public couldn't care less about. They focused on this rather than focusing on local issues and policies that would benefit your every day working person, but we're seeing a political alignment where Labour is winning seats in these typical upper-class bourgeois type of places. It's a strange dynamic shift, as you see Conservatives align themselves in working class areas, and are actually offering Labour policies on a platter. So, where the policy may not be the issue, the delivery and who is delivering the policies are crucial.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I totally agree that the current labour party is no longer a party that represents the long term interests of localism and the working class.

The so-called "broad church" is now a party exclusively pandering to the "bourgeois" Remain liberal class. Peter Mandelson, the 'Prince of Darkness' who also served under Blair, is currently advising Sir Starmer and is on public record for previously stating "... the working class will always vote for labour because they have nowhere else to go".

Obviously, lessons are not being learned and which is why labour parachuted in a Remainer into a Brexit constituency in Hartlepool and despite losing his previous seat for supporting Remain and when relics like the Remainer Peter Mandelson are reeled out of their dusty coffins to find the solution.

The blue-collar class voted Brexit and the disastrous election results for labour in 2019, after they reneged on their previous pledge to respect Brexit, is the result, a u-turn orchestrated by one Sir Starmer.

It isn't a short-term trend, Blairism cost labour 5 million votes, Scotland soon followed, and Blair assumed benefit bribes would keep the lowers classes onboard and passive. Blair's policies from 1997 onwards were intended to capture middle England, the Remain bourgeois, based on what the likes of Mandelson and Alistair Campbell were whispering in his ear.

Sir Starmer is a piss poor labour leader, elected on lies and false pledges and who makes Ed Miliband look competent. A weathervane that relies on out-of-touch focus groups' run by middle-class PPE grads and SpADs. However, Sir Starmer is the establishment's choice to remind Boris that a safe pair of hands is waiting should Boris screw up and which is why the establishment went to such lengths to remove Corbyn and his alternative vision. It is not chance that Boris has and is adopting Corbyn policies.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That should read the tories. ;)
I'm not a huge fan of the Tories either. I think their handling of the lockdowns and Covid in general, haven't been too good. Although, I'll give them credit on a successful vaccine roll out. It seems we're at a stage where we're at low infection rates and deaths, which is good news.
As for the future, i think Boris will focus on more green and environmental issues, which may sway some Conservative voters who still favour petrol and diesel, and those who think nuclear is the cleanest energy source, and that could result in more young people who care about environmental issues, switching from the Greens to the Conservatives, as they age and focus more on their money and career prospects.

S

silentfem

well polits is all corrupt and voters believe in all the best brainwashing of the controlled medias,as soon there will be less working class.

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There is no Answer to Why! Don't Ask about the Why! Deal with "IT " !

Back