Why I do not respect Atheists

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You asked what atheists want..... I gave you an answer. We want unquestionable proof that any God exists. You are the one avoiding THAT issue Leo.

Atheists cover a wide range on the political spectrum from fascistic christian rejecting nationalism too communist atheism desperate to deconstruct and destroy traditional western values and societal norms and then you get the skeptical centrists somewhere inbetween which will be slightly sympathetic to either side.

It is why I asked the philosophical questions on the op and what they view as an atheist utopia devoid of religiousness

It is a curiosity to what they see as an atheist future and how they can defend their society without the fanaticism religiousness brings

B

Bad_Influence

There is no 'utopia'... for atheists and believers alike. Religion isn't just going to just disappear one day (sadly), so an atheists future is exactly the same as for someone with a faith,. And as for 'defending their society'... why should they have to?
I do not believe in any God but I do understand that for some their faith brings them a lot of comfort. That's not a bad thing, even if in my opinion, it is a faith built on traditional lies and rumour.

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There is no 'utopia'... for atheists and believers alike. Religion isn't just going to just disappear one day (sadly), so an atheists future is exactly the same as for someone with a faith,. And as for 'defending their society'... why should they have to?
I do not believe in any God but I do understand that for some their faith brings them a lot of comfort. That's not a bad thing, even if in my opinion, it is a faith built on traditional lies and rumour.

Religion isn't going to go away - yes i agree

Traditionalism is not lies its pretty much societal norms that have been within a set culture for centuries The erosion of religiousness and spread of atheism weakens culture though and the general population feel uninspired or have no desire to defend it.

Even if you do not care about religion or defending culture the dominant religion around you will care about you and still impact the society you live in via it's societal norms, morality and laws.

Take the UK now which is a void of religiousness pretty much an atheistic state apart from a growing Islamic community. Judaism and
declining Christianity which is pretty much uninfluential and redundant now

Due to there not being a dominant religion the morals. customs and laws which came out of Christianity in Europe are being eroded and will be replaced by those morals. customs and laws by a new dominant religion and the projection of leading demographers is that the UK will be Islamic majority within 30 years time

Put it this way your atheism will not survive a powerful strong religion which is highly collectivised and fanatical you will be converted by fire and sword just as pagans where converted by fanatical Christians a millennia ago

All civilizations have a dominant religion and will enforce that will on others either through economic, military or cultural warfare it's how history has always been. Empires shift and civilizations rise and fall. Converting conquered people's with the new religion is how the ruling classes within empires have always enforced their power

Last edited:
B

Bad_Influence

Religion isn't going to go away - yes i agree

Traditionalism is not lies its pretty much societal norms that have been within a set culture for centuries The erosion of religiousness and spread of atheism weakens culture though and the general population feel uninspired or have no desire to defend it.

Even if you do not care about religion or defending culture the dominant religion around you will care about you and still impact the society you live in via it's societal norms, morality and laws.

Take the UK now which is a void of religiousness pretty much an atheistic state apart from a growing Islamic community. Judaism and
declining Christianity which is pretty much uninfluential and redundant now

Due to there not being a dominant religion the morals. customs and laws which came out of Christianity in Europe are being eroded and will be replaced by those morals. customs and laws by a new dominant religion and the projection of leading demographers is that the UK will be Islamic majority within 30 years time

Put it this way your atheism will not survive a powerful strong religion which is highly collectivised and fanatical you will be converted by fire and sword just as pagans where converted by fanatical Christians a millennia ago

All civilizations have a dominant religion and will enforce that will on others either through economic, military or cultural warfare it's how history has always been. Empires shift and civilizations rise and fall. Converting conquered people's with the new religion is how the ruling classes within empires have always enforced their power

Traditionalism is not lies?? Seriously? Traditions are built on local, national. or global myths. Whether those myths hold true makes no difference. If they were built on facts there would not be hundreds of different religions, there'd be one.... the real one.

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Traditionalism is not lies?? Seriously? Traditions are built on local, national. or global myths. Whether those myths hold true makes no difference. If they were built on facts there would not be hundreds of different religions, there'd be one.... the real one.

I don't think you understand what traditionalism is

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

What is truth what is a lie is irrelevant in the grand scheme anyway it's why propaganda and mass media exists to try and sway popular opinion

What is relevant is what beliefs people would die for too defend or passionately or aggressively try and convert others with

It doesn't matter if an enemy army is fed on lies and beliefs you see as fake, If you can't even muster an army that has any unifying beliefs to defend

B

Bad_Influence

And that's my point. We are told we have to be tolerant while others are willing to "die for too defend or passionately or aggressively try and convert others". Unilateral tolerance does not work and only breeds ill-feeling.

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
And that's my point. We are told we have to be tolerant while others are willing to "die for too defend or passionately or aggressively try and convert others". Unilateral tolerance does not work and only breeds ill-feeling.

Tolerance never won a war or created high culture or advanced civilization which all stem from conquest and conversion

Tolerant and apathetic people never effect history they only try and survive by forced conversion or get wiped out unfortunately

When has there ever been a tolerant empire or civilization lol in history?

you are living in lala land

Last edited:
B

Bad_Influence

I understood entirely

tolerance is submissiveness too many tolerant atheists or non fanatics in society will mean less people are willing to defend it

And you took from my comment that I think tolerance is a good thing? Wow

B

Bad_Influence

Yes but tolerant and apathetic societies exist during a cultural and religious death

That's one of the reasons I made my thread

Tolerance will see the end of this country as we know it. Sadly there are far too many lefty apologists for it to be saved now. I fear for the society my daughter will have to endure in the not so distant future.

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Tolerance will see the end of this country as we know it. Sadly there are far too many lefty apologists for it to be saved now. I fear for the society my daughter will have to endure in the not so distant future.

Yes but being an atheist and just being critical of a religion or all religions isn't gonna help it just makes things worse

It is why I gave the thread the title it is

Every atheist never comes up with any future plans or what he wants from society just criticizes the old religion to death leaving nothing to fill the void of spirituality and religiousness that is left which is what unifies and inspires people to have a culture to begin with

B

Bad_Influence

Future plans? As I said religion isn't going away anytime soon so offering an alternative would be pointless.

You claim religion unifies but it has been the root cause of war throughout history and continues to do so.

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
War is inevitable just from power struggles, ego of leaders, cultural clashes, border and territorial disputes or just from sheer imperialism. You can never stop war as there will always be those that thirst for power

Geopolitics dynamically always changing so war is just one thing in life that you can't stop

Religion can be the cause of war yes it can cause the cultural clash of religious differences or just the will of one religion or religious sect to dominate or destroy another but without religion you do not get a culture to begin with which an advanced civilization can grow out of but that religiousness and spirituality is needed to inspire that birth to begin with

I want something new I believe there is a god but I do not like modern Christianity it is corrupt and has been swamped by the same egalitarian and universalist ideals that modern liberalism is based on and is a reflection of a dying,apathetic and tolerant society,religion and culture

No culture has ever spread from atheism is my point there has always been a religious and spiritual birth

Last edited:
B

Bad_Influence

If you think there is ANY chance of something replacing what we have, you are more deluded than even I give you credit for. The truth is that while humanity maintains its place on this planet, we will continue to see greed, envy and hatred. It has been that way forever and will only end when mother nature reclaims the planet. Get used to it and accept it.

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
If you think there is ANY chance of something replacing what we have, you are more deluded than even I give you credit for. The truth is that while humanity maintains its place on this planet, we will continue to see greed, envy and hatred. It has been that way forever and will only end when mother nature reclaims the planet. Get used to it and accept it.

You say it like humanity is all bad lol

Society gets the political system, leaders and oligarchs they deserve

If they don't have the will to change it the corrupt and greedy will get more powerful and keep extorting it

Last edited:

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Humans aren't all bad. Humanity is.

Bad Humans use to get executed - traitors of a tribe, treason, child killers and rapists

An apathetic society full of atheists would see this as intolerable and inhumane

A society full of religiousness and righteousness would want to see them disposed of

Back