Why am i banned

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
@elwood1966 I have recently found the same banning problem (but only over the last few days) is this correct or is that a mistake

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
elwood1966 "Your account or client is banned: This provider is blocked due to continued abuse from its users. (9365853e)"

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
elwood1966 "Your account or client is banned: This provider is blocked due to continued abuse from its users. (9365853e)"
That relates to a ban on the O2 mobile data access to this site, due to a persistent troll. O2 wi-fi is the alternative.

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
elwood1966 I am not on O2 mobile data - I use PC and broadband (talktalk) any ideas?

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Well that is what that ban code relates to so it's a bit strange. Try restarting your router or home hub.
Nope that hasn't worked either :-(. In desperation, (unless someone techie can come up with another solution) what if I get this account deleted and start a new one??

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope that hasn't worked either :-(. In desperation, (unless someone techie can come up with another solution) what if I get this account deleted and start a new one??
I'm hoping it is just a temporary glitch then ? Are you able to get into chat now ? If not, let me know and I'll have to message the site developer.

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Elwood1966 no, still cant get in - same message and thank you for your help :)

Nibbles

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
elwood1966 I am not on O2 mobile data - I use PC and broadband (talktalk) any ideas?
I'm with TalkTalk and when I recently upgraded to full fibre broadband I started to have this problem. Firstly I logged into my account and did a line check, which brought up a fault. Talktalk sorted it, but I read somewhere to turn off router for 20 mins, which is apparently how long it takes for the full fibre to reset. It worked fine after that.
I had the problem since, so tried resetting router, as that didn't work I tried the line check again. This time it wasn't able to complete, so I opened up a chat to speak with someone on TalkTalk they got it sorted, it's been fine since.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm with TalkTalk and when I recently upgraded to full fibre broadband I started to have this problem. Firstly I logged into my account and did a line check, which brought up a fault. Talktalk sorted it, but I read somewhere to turn off router for 20 mins, which is apparently how long it takes for the full fibre to reset. It worked fine after that.
I had the problem since, so tried resetting router, as that didn't work I tried the line check again. This time it wasn't able to complete, so I opened up a chat to speak with someone on TalkTalk they got it sorted, it's been fine since.
@Silverymoon - this suggestion may well help, as we had a similar situation with a Talk Talk user in the past.

Thank you @Nibbles

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
@Nibbles, thanks for that. I have reset my router without success. We are not on full fibre yet (Up in t'hills so may take a while to get here) so it won't be that but thank you I will do further checks

L

Londonboy

i cannot access chat room because i get the following message "Your account or client is banned: Trespassin (a9a6e09d)"

What does it mean as Elwood has just sorted this id out so i can use it

Altair

Master Assassin
Reaction score
@Nibbles, thanks for that. I have reset my router without success. We are not on full fibre yet (Up in t'hills so may take a while to get here) so it won't be that but thank you I will do further checks
You are using a banned network protocol.

It might not be you.....

It's down to Network protocols.

This error is not fixed easily.

Bad luck on your part but there's something in the Machine regarding you.

Watch this space.!

Last edited:

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
You are using a banned network protocol.

It might not be you.....

It's down to Network protocols.

This error is not fixed easily.

Bad luck on your part but there's something in the Machine regarding you.

Watch this space.!
Thanks - any advice on how to get back in would be gratefully received.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i cannot access chat room because i get the following message "Your account or client is banned: Trespassin (a9a6e09d)"

What does it mean as Elwood has just sorted this id out so i can use it
That ban code relates to another chatter. I've checked, there is no ban for your screen name and to be double sure I have manually unbanned you which showed there was no ban in place. Can you get into chat now ?

Silverymoon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
That ban code relates to another chatter. I've checked, there is no ban for your screen name and to be double sure I have manually unbanned you which showed there was no ban in place. Can you get into chat now ?
Just checked and nope - still can't get in :-( (See also post from Altair above)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Don't know if you have tried this, but clear your cookies cache.

Back