Who do you think is the 'Greatest Briton' who ever lived?

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Sir Clive Sinclair who invented first pocket calculators cars (c5) electric .flat screen televisions. just shame he could t built them properly and i believe one of the first computers

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Stephen Fry... End of discussion ;)

S

silentfem

and england has nothing to be proud of as look at its history by the way was a scot that started the bank of england and a scot that invented roads and can add to the list and the scottish unicorn is on the royal coat of arms

Danny84

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I was gonna say Tyson Fury, but Woj Said Alan Turing and its hard to argue with that.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
and england has nothing to be proud of as look at its history by the way was a scot that started the bank of england and a scot that invented roads and can add to the list and the scottish unicorn is on the royal coat of arms
I'm proud of the fact that the British Empire, along with the Scottish, abolished slavery and ended the most inhumane practices that the then undeveloped world followed in many nations and countries. People don't know about the history of these places, where some of the most barbaric practices would go on, so even though the term colonisation is demonised, i am grateful that colonisation was mostly a force for good and a much needed civilised change, protecting future generations of those nations.
When we talk about the English or England in terms of history, they've had perhaps the worst of it by the British. The two entities are different things. The British are an established force, mostly for good, but have persecuted different nations and their people. So I think it's only right to have a degree of sympathy towards the English and their identity, as the Brits want to erase that rich culture and history, and replace it with something else, which was what the British Empire was all about during its days of glory.

And as Nelson Mandela put it correctly, that the biggest mistake humanity has ever made was to think that other people of a different country and culture are the enemy.

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I'm proud of the fact that the British Empire, along with the Scottish, abolished slavery and ended the most inhumane practices that the then undeveloped world followed in many nations and countries. People don't know about the history of these places, where some of the most barbaric practices would go on, so even though the term colonisation is demonised, i am grateful that colonisation was mostly a force for good and a much needed civilised change, protecting future generations of those nations.
When we talk about the English or England in terms of history, they've had perhaps the worst of it by the British. The two entities are different things. The British are an established force, mostly for good, but have persecuted different nations and their people. So I think it's only right to have a degree of sympathy towards the English and their identity, as the Brits want to erase that rich culture and history, and replace it with something else, which was what the British Empire was all about during its days of glory.

And as Nelson Mandela put it correctly, the biggest mistake humanity has ever made was to think that other people of a different country and culture are the enemy.
Thanks. You've actually made my making a response to silentfem totally unnecessary.
This is not a nationalistic platform because, as you can see, the Welsh and the Northern Irish have not put in a protest .... yet.
:p

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Thanks. You've actually made my making a response to silentfem totally unnecessary.
This is not a nationalistic platform because, as you can see, the Welsh and the Northern Irish have not put in a protest .... yet.
:p
I prefer to call it a Patriotic platform, rather than a Nationalistic one. Nothing good has ever come from Nationalism in my opinion. With Patriotism however, you can be proud of the things your country has done in the past, highlight wrongs and learn from them, but at the same time be appreciative of the freedoms we have today, compared with yesteryear's. Of course it's not perfect, but there are a lot of people from all different cultures, religions, countries, that have come to the United Kingdom to settle, work and start a family in it.
My Grandparents came over from Poland to settle in, worked hard(Granddad worked down the pit), played as hard(gambling, drinking, and other activities), brought up an raised a family, the siblings did their own thing(Dad was one of five), which eventually led to me. So I'm grateful for all of those things.

It hasn't been easy, as me and my family grew up poor, didn't even have enough money for hot water and electricity at one point. We had to make do with a radio for a few years, and use my Grandmother's house to bathe and sort out some clean clothes, but we all got through it the best we could.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

A Scot invented roads, I doubt the Romans or even the Egyptians would agree with that.
As for the Unicorn, well that's Scottish politics at the moment, totally bereft of reality lol

Back