Thoughts on the latest news about the Vaccine?

B

Bad_Influence

That`s what we pay Government to deal with .Logistics ! They can`t sit on their backsides in a cosy office throwing paper darts around for £100k pa

And you think that’s what they are doing?
I’m sure universities and schools would love to leave the logistics to the gov’t, but they can’t. I’m sure teachers won’t mind having massively heavier workloads for the next few years.
You seem to think the govt can just shut education down with no consequences other than the missed schooltime? I wonder if you think the same about businesses? Should they remain shut for the next 12-24 months?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That`s what we pay Government to deal with .Logistics ! They can`t sit on their backsides in a cosy office throwing paper darts around for £100k pa
Nay they pass buck to poor civil servants to work it out for them then take all credit.

S

Sugarplumfairy

My neighbours mother died 2 days ago of covid, she died in my opinion because her cancer treatment was stopped. We can all point fingers at who should be doing what but at the end of the day, wether it's politics, science or anything else, deal with it...stop blaming various entities and start co-operating with eachother to combat this nasty worldwide killer. No matter young or old, we all have families, an old person is also someone granny, mother etc. Young is someones son, daughter. It is unfair to give priority to any age group, although I do think keyworkers should have the vaccine asap, half the NHS staff is off with covid!!

B

Bad_Influence

My neighbours mother died 2 days ago of covid, she died in my opinion because her cancer treatment was stopped. We can all point fingers at who should be doing what but at the end of the day, wether it's politics, science or anything else, deal with it...stop blaming various entities and start co-operating with eachother to combat this nasty worldwide killer. No matter young or old, we all have families, an old person is also someone granny, mother etc. Young is someones son, daughter. It is unfair to give priority to any age group, although I do think keyworkers should have the vaccine asap, half the NHS staff is off with covid!!

Priority HAS to be given simply because we don’t have the facilities or staff to cope with the numbers affected.
I agree NHS staff should be offered the vaccine, but so should the police, the fire services, care home staff, homecarers, teachers..... and many other professions I must have missed. Just now on the news, a clinic in Sheffield will get no vaccines until next week because they have done so well in the last fortnight at administering the jab, that now their promised supplies have been sent elsewhere to allow other areas to catch up. That’s the right thing to do but I’m sure the residents of Sheffield feel they are being punished for doing well. Prioritising needs to happen on all levels, it’s not ideal but simply the right thing to do.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
How on earth can you think it's unfair to give vaccine priority to the most vulnerable groups? That's madness! Unless you're not interested in saving lives of course.

TheThinker

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
My thoughts on the Vax are simple,, i will politely reject their invitation to have it until i am personally satisfied that it has no serious adverse effects,, if that means i will be outcasted and ostracised by society then so be it, my body my choice :confused:

S

Sugarplumfairy

How on earth can you think it's unfair to give vaccine priority to the most vulnerable groups? That's madness! Unless you're not interested in saving lives of course.

I think you are missing my point. Every life counts to someone but as medical staff is going down with the virus, who the **** is gonna look after everyone else? The NHS is overwhelmed already. We have Nightingale hospitals but no staff to man them. Hospitals up n down the country are full. How much longer do you think we can sustain this. If anything, I am for saving life but without pointing fingers.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sugarplumfairy

Priority HAS to be given simply because we don’t have the facilities or staff to cope with the numbers affected.
I agree NHS staff should be offered the vaccine, but so should the police, the fire services, care home staff, homecarers, teachers..... and many other professions I must have missed. Just now on the news, a clinic in Sheffield will get no vaccines until next week because they have done so well in the last fortnight at administering the jab, that now their promised supplies have been sent elsewhere to allow other areas to catch up. That’s the right thing to do but I’m sure the residents of Sheffield feel they are being punished for doing well. Prioritising needs to happen on all levels, it’s not ideal but simply the right thing to do.
I agree with you on that score, it is difficult to decide but medical staff is what is needed the most as well as care staff, without them we have no chance

B

Bad_Influence

I think you are missing my point. Every life counts to someone but as medical staff is going down with the virus, who the **** is gonna look after everyone else? The NHS is overwhelmed already. We have Nightingale hospitals but no staff to man them. Hospitals up n down the country are full. How much longer do you think we can sustain this. If anything, I am for saving life but without pointing fingers.

The majority of staff have not got the virus, they are self isolating because they have been told to by track and trace.
This is a problem with the system, not with the staff.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I say "Bad for President " :D

Do you realise that all your posts on this thread seem to suggest that,in your opinion, you are better equipped to deal with the Pandemic than any Government or Civil Service?.

Why do we get all the "experts" on ULchat and not in Government ?.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
And you think that’s what they are doing?
I’m sure universities and schools would love to leave the logistics to the gov’t, but they can’t. I’m sure teachers won’t mind having massively heavier workloads for the next few years.
You seem to think the govt can just shut education down with no consequences other than the missed schooltime? I wonder if you think the same about businesses? Should they remain shut for the next 12-24 months?
It looks like we may be doing just that eh ?. You feel that you know better ?

S

Sugarplumfairy

The majority of staff have not got the virus, they are self isolating because they have been told to by track and trace.
This is a problem with the system, not with the staff.
200 NHS staff have died of Covid.

B

Bad_Influence

200 NHS staff have died of Covid.

That includes nursing homes, ambulance crews, cleaners and hospitals. Although still too many, considering their jobs I don’t think that is extraordinarily high for the whole country. The NHS employs 1.3million staff so I would think 200 is below the national average and I’d say that speaks volumes for their hygiene and PPE.
Are you sure it’s only 200? That seems very low to me?

B

Bad_Influence

I say "Bad for President " :D

Do you realise that all your posts on this thread seem to suggest that,in your opinion, you are better equipped to deal with the Pandemic than any Government or Civil Service?.

Why do we get all the "experts" on ULchat and not in Government ?.

Nowhere have I said I know better, only that I don’t trust them. Keep up.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Nowhere have I said I know better, only that I don’t trust them. Keep up.
Everything you type on this topic suggests that YOu know much better than the experts who ,after all ,we pay to lead us !. I think you need to "keep up " yaself sunshine :).
Let me enlarge on that to help explain what i mean Bad. It would be very rare ,if ever, ,for you to type that you " think" or " in my opinion" blah blah . Your words are always ""this is fact " " i know this " etc.. If that fails it`s " catch up " , " what do you know " ." you are an extreme left wing member" etc etc . In an attempt to demolish another`s thoughts on the topic.

Last edited:
Back