The Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I think my heart is slowly turning to stone, I remained unmoved during Charlie's first speech as King. Mind you about an hour previosly I had been watching a clip (not purposely) of Charle's interview with David Dimbleby in 1995, not long after the infamos interview between Diana and Martin Bashir.
Dimbleby asked Charles if he had tried to remain faithful during his marriage to Diana. Charles sat there and basically lied through his teeth. I cannot erase this image from my mind. Our new Monarch is a liar.
I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but it needs to be said.

Last edited:
D

DoubleDDFred

Give Charles a chance, William got a young family and would hate the role right now.

To be far, Charles was a champion of green issues long before they became fashionable. His views on this issue made him the butt of many jokes back in the 70's& 80's. I think that shows the kind of vision the man as.

You can see his true good character in this vid.

We all know what were getting with Charles, stability. Isn't that what royal's all about?

God save the King

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think my heart is slowly turning to stone, I remained unmoved during Charlie's first speech as King. Mind you about an hour previosly I had been watching a clip (not purposely) of Charle's interview with David Dimbleby in 1995, not long after the infamos interview between Diana and Martin Bashir.
Dimbleby asked Charles if he had tried to remain faithful during his marriage to Diana. Charles sat there and basically lied through his teeth. I cannot erase this image from my mind. Our new Monarch is a liar.
I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but it needs to be said.
Charles should never have married Dianna. She was obviously a young girl who had the opportunity to be a "fairy tale " Princess ! I have less time for her than i did for him . She wasted no time after the marriage broke down in grabbing any easy bloke in the Palace and then outside ! She was the sterio type "money grabbing fame grabbing " woman at the time . My opinion.

C

CrazyCatLady

I liked our Queen. I would have liked her more if she'd have given Ireland back to the Irish and banished Andrew into a vault somewhere under Windsor Castle, but certainty respected everything else she did for the country and felt sorry for her in some ways. It's not as if she was born to be Queen.
I'm not sure I'm keen on the new King, but at least he has a way with plants, which is very much needed, given most of his subjects are vegetables.

D

DoubleDDFred

I liked our Queen. I would have liked her more if she'd have given Ireland back to the Irish

A constitutional monarchy don't work that way. The royal family got no political power. They lost it in 1649 when Charles the first lost the civil war along with his head.

On the Irish question:

English rulers have never take much interested in Ireland. Ireland only ever been a target for foreign kings.

Henry the second was French
Henry 8th didn't talk English and thought of himself as French
William 3rd of England was Dutch. He married into the family and was protestant zealot after 80 years war.

Irish rebellion of 1641 was put down by Scottish military intervention.

Oliver Cromwell only sent the troops in after military threat posed by the alliance of the Irish confederate and English royalists. God only knows why Ireland didn't declare independence at the time and stay out of it. They must have known signing a treaty with royalist would have brought Cromwell's battel harden army down on them. After years of civil war in England few had any interested in the place. Without this treaty they could never have raised the money or army for an invasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LIL_WHITE_FOX

'Elizabeth the Great' I thought she was a cutie and I feel that her and Philip lived so long through their true love connection. She was an inspirationall ox of a woman. Proper girl power. Her family let her down so many times but she stuck her neck out loud and proud. Admire her. I love both Charles and boris' speeches about her so personal natural and loving. I honestly laugh at any commenting to disrespect. RIP there will never be another queen like her and I'm greatful my children understand and lived in her reign to understand that British grit.

D

DoubleDDFred

Let’s recap.
Bailed out her seedy son to the tune of millions, plugged an experimental vax when she was supposed to be impartial, let her disabled cousins stay locked up all their life in hospital, slaughtered countless animals for fun and these are just the things people ACCEPT and PUBLICLY ACKNOWLEDGE she did

I think most family's from post war British did the same. Unmarried mothers were locked up and anyone who was gay, acted a bit odd or lost it was put in jail or mental asylum. A close friend of my Mum was place in mental asylum and give electro shock treatment in the mid 80's. Her only crime was losing it in M&S with her husband. (He put her in there, she was becoming "difficult". )

I've lost tract of all the rabbits and pheasants with my grandad poaching.

You cant make judgements or apply todays social conventions on the past. I'm sure 1/2 the things we're doing today they will look back on and say " how the **** could they do that? "

D

DoubleDDFred

The age of consent in England and Wales is 16. Virginia Giuffre claimed to be 17 at the time. Virginia Giuffre is no saint and I don't believe 1/2 of what she's saying. This person still may end up in court for procurement.

The key to this case is: where are the other ?

If Andrew had a thing for bright young things...... there be more victims. After all the publicity where are they? There must be more than just Virginia Giuffre?

The only reason I can think for setting this case was cost. 12 million now or 15 million legal fees and 6 month trial.

Lets face it Virginia Giuffre ever going to win in a America, you can get married at 14 in some states.

D

DoubleDDFred

Ok,

Virginia Giuffre was over the age of consent both here and in America
There no proof and no report of rape from the time.
No other victims came forward after a year of media publicity.
Virginia Giuffre is an alleged pimp
Its going to cost more to fight the case than settle it
Virginia Giuffre had little or no chance of winning the case.

Clear enough?

And if you can spot the different between an 17 and 18 year old girl. Your a better man than me.

D

DoubleDDFred

No one knew about Epstein and Maxwell 20 years ago.
If they had a party or invited you for a weekend on there island, you'd go. Maxwell was so well connected people wouldn't have thought twice.

Virginia Giuffre is alleged to have received a plea bargain in Epstein & Maxwell cases. I'm sure that will come out in the end.

"Lolita Express" is so common there a web site for it called "sugar daddy. com"

My own experience of this comes from a woman in her 40's from marketing dating 17 year old yts girl. No one was happy about it at work but there was nothing to be done.

D

DoubleDDFred

In 2005, police in Palm Beach, Florida, began investigating Epstein after a parent reported that he had sexually abused her 14-year-old daughter. Epstein pleaded guilty and was convicted in 2008 by a Florida state court of procuring a child for prostitution and of soliciting a prostitute

Virginia Giuffre allegations are from around 2000, years before.

And let me say this:

If Jimmy Savile said he was having a pool party in the 70's:
Told you Rolf Harris would be there too,
Invited you and the kids,
You would have gone !!

Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

D

DoubleDDFred

One of the guys I was on apprenticeship with years ago end up in court. He'd been beating his wife for years, I only found out after seeing his face in the local paper. You can go drinking with someone, work with them for years and still not really know them.

And would I have gone to a Savile pool party? Not even if Harris was there, I was only 5 in 1970.

I cant think of any parent who wouldn't have taken there 5 year old. Both where classed as national treasures.

Can we get back on subject now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back