the BIBLE

do you believe the BIBLE is true ? ? ? ? ?

• yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • some of it

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • none of it

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • i never read it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
right and how the ocean and bacteria was created?
Our planet...The EARTH.. Was once RED HOT. 4.5 Billion years ago.... The Earth Got Bombarded by Meteors caring WATER. That is where we got our Oceans from. The DNA evolved because of our SUN.

HEAT, AND CHEMICLES FROM EXPLODING STARS. Is why we are here.

There is No need for a GOD...The Universe can do this stuff without.

G

godsgoodguy

Our planet...The EARTH.. Was once RED HOT. 4.5 Billion years ago.... The Earth Got Bombarded by Meteors caring WATER. That is where we got our Oceans from. The DNA evolved because of our SUN.

what created earth and the universe?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

This idea has merit, but, there is the deuterium problem.
We still have no idea as to why we have a ratio of "heavy" water which is so far unseen in comets we have measured.

Add to that, where did that "Goldilocks" ratio come from?
How is earth different?
Why are we not able to answer those questions?

Simple, because we have no understanding of actual physics apart from what our limited monkey brains allow.

The idea of a flat earth was debunked roughly 3000 years ago.
As late as the 17th century the "Four Humours" were out of balance if one was sick.
In the early 1900's a soldier who suffered from "Shell Shock" was deemed a coward and in some cases executed.

We have learned that these things are false, yet we still have no idea how the concious brain actually works.
We can nudge it, we can change its perceptions, but we dont understand how it processes information, both logical and emotional.

Psychologically "Nudging" is rampent these days, advertisers, supermarkets, the government all use it to steer decision making.

So, does "Religion" not use those same tactics, fear, desire, guilt?

I very much doubt any god would want social media, it creates icons which millions follow.

I am always left with the simple thought.
Just because one can do a thing, does not mean one should.

Politics, the media, religion, ideology, they are all meant to close down thinking by alienating those they wish to silence in the name of "Diversity".

Seems to me that people are afraid to say what they think because they may be labeled Heratics.

Even doctors asking quetions is now grounds for dismissal.

How is that science, how is that knowledge based searching for truth.
It is not.
It is driven by the needs of those who create the narrative we must all accept.

Just look up Europes "Rapid Response Mechinism", of which Theresa May was an active proponent, where all the media and governmental statements are unified.

Or watch it in action in the US media as they are all in English.

Why are they all saying excatly the same thing?

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A difficult question to answer, does one believe in the bible as a religuous text or an ethical one?

The Ethics of some of of the bible most definitely.
As the word of god nope.
Modern western society is based on Judeo/Christian belief in the words, if not the religiosity of faith.
Faith and religion are the disperate bedfellows of hope.
Faith simply asks we have faith in something greater than ourselves, be that a human spirit, a camaraderie, a shared vision.
Religion asks us to centralise those beliefs onto a living god.

To me, the belief comes in simple actions :-
That we are all humble when praised,
That we are thankful to others for thier time,
That we are gracious in defeat and magnanimous in victory,
That we ask of others only what we would ask of ourselves,
That we respect and accept opinions which we disagree with.

Religion also talks about sin, for that I agree with 7 of the 10.
Thou shall not have any god but me.
Thou shall not dishonour the name of the Lord your God.
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.

Are the ones I find antithetical to my beliefs.

The singular limitation we have to knowledge is thinking that we know truth.
Which is why I do agree with :-
"You shall not make for yourself any idol."
If we "Know" truth, we make ourselves into an idol of truth we cannot yet comprehend, then we are blinded by self belief, faith or science.
None of which are infallible.
A very thoughtful and diplomatic reply.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I should really try to avoid contributing to threads that anger me.
The Bible is a work of fiction, as someone else pointed out, to placate the masses. Never try to force your beliefs on others.

G

godsgoodguy

I should really try to avoid contributing to threads that anger me.
The Bible is a work of fiction, as someone else pointed out, to placate the masses. Never try to force your beliefs on others.
i think the BIBLE is facts

W

Wolfe

he is if you believe in him. it aint hard to do. fact lately i been posting proof videos that shows he exist. i have showed videos of people that nearly died, went to HEAVEN, seen dead loved ones, seen JESUS, seen GOD, etc, and came back (because it wasnt their time). means according to the videos its proof that he exist
That can be explained.
When you die, your brain gets a massive hit of DMT, at the moment of death. Same at birth.
You're basically tripping.

G

godsgoodguy

That can be explained.
When you die, your brain gets a massive hit of DMT, at the moment of death. Same at birth.
You're basically tripping.
each near death experience videos of floating out body, etc is all similar. means its not tripping to me

G

godsgoodguy

And you think the videos are real? How sweet. Lol
looks real to me . . . . . plus scientists went all over the world and talked to a lot of people that had near death experience and their stories was all similar . . . . . plus people that was blind since birth was able to see during their near death experience . . . . . plus a person that had no brain activity, brain dead, or something like that had the same near death experience . . . . . plus people have seen things on hospital roofs and other high spots during their near death experience that doctors said they had to be flying to see those things

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Originally, all was vapour. The vapour solidified and formed matter....that's how it all started.
As for the Bible...the Old Testament is basically a history book, but written by the victors. There are actually other sources, which go into more detail. As for the New Testament....undecided.

G

godsgoodguy

Originally, all was vapour. The vapour solidified and formed matter....that's how it all started.
As for the Bible...the Old Testament is basically a history book, but written by the victors. There are actually other sources, which go into more detail. As for the New Testament....undecided.
what about the king james version?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
This idea has merit, but, there is the deuterium problem.
We still have no idea as to why we have a ratio of "heavy" water which is so far unseen in comets we have measured.

Add to that, where did that "Goldilocks" ratio come from?
How is earth different?
Why are we not able to answer those questions?

Simple, because we have no understanding of actual physics apart from what our limited monkey brains allow.

The idea of a flat earth was debunked roughly 3000 years ago.
As late as the 17th century the "Four Humours" were out of balance if one was sick.
In the early 1900's a soldier who suffered from "Shell Shock" was deemed a coward and in some cases executed.

We have learned that these things are false, yet we still have no idea how the concious brain actually works.
We can nudge it, we can change its perceptions, but we dont understand how it processes information, both logical and emotional.

Psychologically "Nudging" is rampent these days, advertisers, supermarkets, the government all use it to steer decision making.

So, does "Religion" not use those same tactics, fear, desire, guilt?

I very much doubt any god would want social media, it creates icons which millions follow.

I am always left with the simple thought.
Just because one can do a thing, does not mean one should.

Politics, the media, religion, ideology, they are all meant to close down thinking by alienating those they wish to silence in the name of "Diversity".

Seems to me that people are afraid to say what they think because they may be labeled Heratics.

Even doctors asking quetions is now grounds for dismissal.

How is that science, how is that knowledge based searching for truth.
It is not.
It is driven by the needs of those who create the narrative we must all accept.

Just look up Europes "Rapid Response Mechinism", of which Theresa May was an active proponent, where all the media and governmental statements are unified.

Or watch it in action in the US media as they are all in English.

Why are they all saying excatly the same thing?
That's where you and I differ.

I think about things that happened Billions of years ago.

NOT what we observe TODAY.

In 1986, the ESA probe Giotto flew by Halley's Comet, becoming the first spacecraft to make close observations of a comet. It discovered that Halley's Comet had twice the amount of heavy water compared to normal water as Earth does.

Thus...It's obvious ... Billions of years ago the meteors/asteroids hitting the Earth..... DID have enough 'Heavy' water content.

Next.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That's where you and I differ.

I think about things that happened Billions of years ago.

NOT what we observe TODAY.

In 1986, the ESA probe Giotto flew by Halley's Comet, becoming the first spacecraft to make close observations of a comet. It discovered that Halley's Comet had twice the amount of heavy water compared to normal water as Earth does.

Thus...It's obvious ... Billions of years ago the meteors/asteroids hitting the Earth..... DID have enough 'Heavy' water content.

Next.

Yes comet/asteroid composition changes over time.
As the sun boils off water from asteroids/comets they become more barren.

However, this does not mean they had it in the first place.

With "Certainty" we can predict backwardly very badly.
We rely on predictable linear methodology.

Imagine a simple example.
Using Radar, we can very easily plot the height, velocity, heading and distance of an aircraft given 2 points of reference.
Now, Sonar, given those 2 same points of reference have a hard time dealing with such anomolies as the "layer" in the seas makeup.
Such as we have "Convergence zones" which may be 10, 20, 50, 100 miles away due to the way sound reacts with the seas composition and layering.

These convergence zones can make any attempt to localise say a submarine very error prone.

Accuracy is not only based on how accute the sensors may be, but also in the medium in which they are used.

Our ability to backwardly predict anything is based on assumptions.
Considering we have no idea how the sun even effects our own planet, with all its complex systems of gases, fluctuations, organic events such as dust coverage from volcanic events, tidal forces, wind stream varients.
We can no more predict tomorrows weather with certainty, nor the history of our own planet, than we can of a rock travelling through space we only learnt of 10, 20, 50, 100 years ago.

Add to that, you gave the Halley's Comet reference.
Comets didnt supply our water as Altwegg theorised, asteroids did :-

"This probably rules out Kuiper Belt comets from bringing water to Earth," Altwegg said. Instead, most of Earth's water was probably delivered by asteroids, Altwegg said.
"Today's asteroids have very little water — that's clear," Altwegg added. "But that was probably not always the case. During the Late Heavy Bombardment 3.8 billion years ago, at that time, asteroids could have had much more water than they could now."

Now assuming the "Late Heavy Bombardment" theory is correct, which many question, how do we know they contained the heavy water which comprises what we see today.
We dont.
It's a theory, a simple linear progression back in time which is like saying it was windy 3.8 billion years ago.
It probably was windy, but do we know its velocity, its heading?

2 sayings.
Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups and
Never Assume, it makes an Ass of You and Me.

Science is assumption, until they have certainty of evidence.

Next?

Back