Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I love that track, and not wishing to sound too catty but that song title could describe a few on here. :)
Might be unbelievable, but I was posting it for myself at the time! Lol
But hey, a bit of passive-aggressive around here isn't unusual, so I'll go with it :cool:

Blankgeneration

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed :) The George Martin Spoof is old now, still makes me laugh to this day :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
In the UK this was the B-side to 'My Sweet Lord'. You certainly got your money's worth from George.
Mind you, i'm not too sure about the video. o_O

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
This is a song I love to hate! Love the first 3 minutes, then we get 4 minutes of Na na na nananana, nannana, hey Jude! :mad:

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
This is a song I love to hate! Love the first 3 minutes, then we get 4 minutes of Na na na nananana, nannana, hey Jude! :mad:
I have a silly emotional connection to this song! Lol When I was a teenager and going through my first Beatles phase, I wrote in my diary that I would call a son, Jude. It was one of my favourite songs from the Fab Four, so of course, it had to be the name of my first born son :rolleyes:
I didn't go on to follow my childhood dreams and thankfully, my son was not named after the patron saint of lost causes. By that time, I knew too many Julie's also known as Jude.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
In the UK this was the B-side to 'My Sweet Lord'. You certainly got your money's worth from George.
Mind you, i'm not too sure about the video. o_O
Mad, but I've heard this song soooo many times- sang along, tapping my feet- yet I had no idea it was him!! I thought it was some random 60's band I'm not old enough to remember! Lol
He was an immense talent! His songs tend to be the ones that embed themselves in your memory in a good, sunny way.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I remember an Interview Macca gave about 'Hey Jude' saying he wrote the song for Julian Lennon because the boy was going through a bad time. So i'm not sure where 'Jude' came from... I wanted to call the youngest Julian because at the time I loved that name, but the ex said no. Which is fair enough as you both need to agree when naming a child. I'm glad I was talked out of it because now I really don't like that name at all. :)

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I remember an Interview Macca gave about 'Hey Jude' saying he wrote the song for Julian Lennon because the boy was going through a bad time. So i'm not sure where 'Jude' came from... I wanted to call the youngest Julian because at the time I loved that name, but the ex said no. Which is fair enough as you both need to agree when naming a child. I'm glad I was talked out of it because now I really don't like that name at all. :)
From the bits I've read about the song, Macca wrote it in the car either on the way to see Julian or after seeing him. It was during the period of time where John had just left Cynthia for Yoko. John had almost deserted Julian- he'd always saw him as the child he'd been tricked into having, so didn't consider him when he left with Yoko. However, Paul and Linda remained close to both Cynthia and Julian and regularly saw them. That's what I read anyway. I guess 'Jude' fitted a song better than the mouthful 'Julian'. Lol

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes, Lennon practically disowned Julian, even left him out of his Will. I don't think that was allowed under U.S law which is why it was settled out of
court, for $20 million, if memory serves. Strange behaviour really. The again, didn't Lennon's father abandon him as a child? The apple never falls far from the tree, as they say. :rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I love this catchy song from probably his best LP 'Shaved Fish'. I remember buying the LP years ago and was blown away by it when i first played it. Sadly I no longer have the record, lost when I once got 'bin-bagged' :(

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Yes, Lennon practically disowned Julian, even left him out of his Will. I don't think that was allowed under U.S law which is why it was settled out of
court, for $20 million, if memory serves. Strange behaviour really. The again, didn't Lennon's father abandon him as a child? The apple never falls far from the tree, as they say. :rolleyes:
John Lennon had a sad background, but I believe his father was in the Navy or at at least, at sea for a lot of his childhood and on one return, John's mother Julia was pregnant by another man. I think it was then that John went to live with his aunt, Mimi, and was primarily raised by his aunt and grandparents (I think it was his aunt's house that backed onto 'Strawberry Fields'- part of a children's home). I know he had a 'disorganised' relationship with his mother until she was killed, but can't remember much about his father (not without going down the route of Wikipedia anyway! Lol)
Honestly, I think John was just a bit of a w@nker- he married Cynthia because she was pregnant and then when he found the opportunity to leave her, he didn't want to look back. Unfortunately, that's not unusual :(

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I love this catchy song from probably his best LP 'Shaved Fish'. I remember buying the LP years ago and was blown away by it when i first played it. Sadly I no longer have the record, lost when I once got 'bin-bagged' :(
He might have been a w@nker, but he was a damn good musician and song writer! I'm going to be singing this all evening! Lol

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Many years ago I did 'The Beatles Tour' in Liverpool. It was on a big old yellow coach, pretty much like the one in the Magical Mystery Tour film. Yes, the house where Lennon spent his childhood is just around the corner from the Strawberry Fields childrens home, on a duel carriageway in an upmarket area. I was struck by the difference in Ringo's childhood home. It was a little 'two up two-down' terraced house in a really rough area.
It was a nice way to spend a couple of hours, worth doing if you're ever up that way.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Many years ago I did 'The Beatles Tour' in Liverpool. It was on a big old yellow coach, pretty much like the one in the Magical Mystery Tour film. Yes, the house where Lennon spent his childhood is just around the corner from the Strawberry Fields childrens home, on a duel carriageway in an upmarket area. I was struck by the difference in Ringo's childhood home. It was a little 'two up two-down' terraced house in a really rough area.
It was a nice way to spend a couple of hours, worth doing if you're ever up that way.
That sounds like an amazing experience! Thank you for the recommendation- I will definitely do that when I get the opportunity :) It's on my Bucket List to visit Liverpool again. I've been to there once- my dad was from across the Mersey and after he died, we visited his family and spent a couple of days with his brother. We didn't do the Beatles tour, but we did visit The Cavern (the new one- this was the early 90's) and I was mesmerised by it, although a little scared, because inside is really dark! lol All signatures on the walls of the stage and the paintings of all the famous artists, as you walk down the stairs in to the club- it was nothing like I'd seen before at that age.

Will definitely have to do that tour! It'd be interesting to see the places that inspired the songs and where they grew up. It has to be the done thing for a Beatles fan! Lol :)

Back