Strange American needs help... ;--)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Oh my god!! Seriously??? The original question was about British TV programmes and you returned it with questions that you personally feel slighted by about American culture. Although I agree with you on one of the questions, this person is not solely responsible for how all Americans live and quite frankly, you asked why all Americans are emotional, when clearly you had quite the emotional reaction to a simple harmless message.
#

I never said 'That' person was responsible.

I would like an answer to MY questions...But that's too hard.

Summer86

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Name ONE thing that was ridiculous about MY Questions?

The only question that wasn’t ridiculous was the gun question but even that is just an assumption that he was pro gun, not all Americans are.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
The only question that wasn’t ridiculous was the gun question but even that is just an assumption that he was pro gun, not all Americans are.

That's irrelevant. !

The Laws are there...Ok.. not ALL Americans are Pro Guns..I know that.

Summer86

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
That's irrelevant. !

The Laws are there...Ok.. not ALL Americans are Pro Guns..I know that.

It’s not irrelevant! You are assuming that this person is ok with this law. You’re not asking him, you were baiting him. If you wanted to ask that question then you could of set up another forum for a debate with people who actually wanted to participate.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
It’s not irrelevant! You are assuming that this person is ok with this law. You’re not asking him, you were baiting him. If you wanted to ask that question then you could of set up another forum for a debate with people who actually wanted to participate.

I find assuming things about folks keeps Me alive.

What about you?

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If Altair was to set up another thread about US gun control or for that matter on anything, it would get *hijacked* and go off tangent, when that happens, which it does all the time, it puts people off replying to what could potentially be an interesting debate!...

Summer86

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Hmm...Why don't you do your self a favour and take a break from here..;)

Or maybe I could join a conversation where people aren’t so rude for no reason? But you did say that you were one of the nicer people on here so not holding out much hope

Summer86

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
If Altair was to set up another thread about US gun control or for that matter on anything, it would get *hijacked* and go off tangent, when that happens, which it does all the time, it puts people off replying to what could potentially be an interesting debate!...

If people do try to hijack your discussion, could you just ignore them? Carry on the discussion as if they are not even in it?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Or maybe I could join a conversation where people aren’t so rude for no reason? But you did say that you were one of the nicer people on here so not holding out much hope

WHAT DO YOU WANT?....Simple...

A roll over guy...?...Not me...Sorry.

Don't hold out any hope for me...That went years ago...!

Fine line between being Rude and speaking the Truth...

Like me or Don't...I do not give the slightest Fcuk..;)

Summer86

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
WHAT DO YOU WANT?....Simple...

A roll over guy...?...Not me...Sorry.

Don't hold out any hope for me...That went years ago...!

Fine line between being Rude and speaking the Truth...

Like me or Don't...I do not give the slightest Fcuk..;)

Wow...you really are quite the emotional person aren’t you? Are you American??

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If people do try to hijack your discussion, could you just ignore them? Carry on the discussion as if they are not even in it?
No, sadly, too many join in the *hijacking*....read some of the other threads that are on here, you'll soon see what i mean...not going to say anymore, otherwise i would have to accuse myself of *hijacking!* lol....have fun!

Back