So after all the kerfuffle, Prince Andrew settles...

S

Saphire

It all stinks to me. But i didn't think it'd go to court, just because of Andrew's Royal status. Was the offer just too good to pass up on? Was she threatened that if she did go through with it, something would happen to her or her loved ones? Nothing would surprise me with how far these people would go to protect not only Andrew's image, which is less important here, but the image of the Royal Family as a whole.
The story of Harry and Meghan's claims that the Royal Family are 'racist', and this whole scandal with Andrew being linked to Epstein, really damaged the reputation and whole public perception of the Royals.
I agree...'The Firm', as they are often referred to, come first and foremost, no one person, save the queen, is more important.
In the most extreme way possible, Diana found that out.
Had Andrew been the oldest brother and future King, I very much doubt this whole affair would have been allowed to escalate as it has done.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
erftretge.jpg

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
dfvavfscgs.jpg

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Let me take the high moral ground by returning to the thread topic :p
I wonder how many of the people beating up on prince Andrew are Michael Jackson fans? Didn't Jacko pay out £millions to settle out of court? :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

Let me take the high moral ground by returning to the thread topic :p
I wonder how many of the people beating up on prince Andrew are Michael Jackson fans? Didn't Jacko pay out £millions to settle out of court? :rolleyes:
Thank you for being one of the more intelligent posters here Lady. :cool:
Michael Jackson did pay out millions, and remember the disastrous interview he gave to the now discredited Martin Bashir?
Maybe Andrew should have reflected on that....giving one on one TV interviews, and paying out millions to your accuser, it's not really a good look.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well the 12 million that has been reported (though no one knows for sure) is certainly life changing.
How much she will give to her charity is guess work too.

I can understand why Andrew wanted to pay and go, it's a bit surprising that after all this, she was willing to settle out of court.
I suspect he also wanted to avoid putting his daughter in the dock. I bet the Queen said....Enough.

Back