So after all the kerfuffle, Prince Andrew settles...

S

Saphire

"The Duke of York and Virginia Giuffre have reached an out-of-court settlement in the civil case filed in the US.
Court documents have referenced three separate occasions in which Giuffre accuses him of sexual misconduct.
Now the case has settled out of court, the duke will not have to face a trial.

The sum of the settlement has not been disclosed but the duke will make a “substantial donation” to Giuffre’s charity in support of victims’ rights.

He has also pledged to “demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein” by supporting the “fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims.”

S

Saphire

A good friend of Andrew said today...

“I hope the royal family can now focus on the upcoming jubilee celebrations and Prince Andrew can put these false allegations behind him.”

I wonder if he had orders to pay up and shut up, so his mother can enjoy her jubilee year without the embarrassment of her sons sordid past overshadowing the festivities?

News just in....seems he isn't even using his own money to shut her up.

"The Duke of York will pay his accuser more than £12 million using money from the Queen, The Telegraph can disclose."

Last edited by a moderator:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I dare say there was pressure put on her to accept.
We dont know the amount yet.
Rumours are it's £7.5 million ($10 million) after the sale of a chalet in Swizterland, but thats unconfirmed.

Daily Mail is supposed to have the full story, but whether it's published or not remains to be seen.

Just checked, it has been and the sum is more like £12 million, but thats just from thier article.

Either way, everyone knew he would never be allowed to take the stand, his sworn deposition was due next week so they had to settle before then.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Words fail me.
I think I need to elaborate on my comment. The very fact that the Prince associated with Epstein, was bad enough in itself. His reputation has been tarnished beyond repair.
It sickens me, that he has been able to buy his way out of this situation.

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Prince Andrew (a very unsavoury character) is the 4th person she's sued, maybe we should run a sweepstake on who she will sue next (and settle out of court). Not that i'm suggesting it's all about the £££££££££££ :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

Prince Andrew (a very unsavoury character) is the 4th person she's sued, maybe we should run a sweepstake on who she will sue next (and settle out of court). Not that i'm suggesting it's all about the £££££££££££ :rolleyes:
I'm sure money is the carrot at the end of the stick, but she is also a woman who insists on being heard, and I don't blame her one bit for that.
The gesture, that the money will go to a charity of her choice, is a brilliant move.
She is already wealthy thanks to her other payouts, she is famous/infamous, (not much of a difference nowadays) and she is helping financially, other less fortunate women, whilst also giving todays vulnerable and used young women more of a voice than everyone who jumped on the 'Me too' movement did combined...... and she has done it single-handedly.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm sure money is the carrot at the end of the stick, but she is also a woman who insists on being heard, and I don't blame her one bit for that.
The gesture, that the money will go to a charity of her choice, is a brilliant move.
She is already wealthy thanks to her other payouts, she is famous/infamous, (not much of a difference nowadays) and she is helping financially, other less fortunate women, whilst also giving todays vulnerable and used young women more of a voice than everyone who jumped on the 'Me too' movement did combined...... and she has done it single-handedly.
A great post, agree with most of it, I just query where the money will go... I suspect only a small amount will go to the charity. :(

S

Saphire

A great post, agree with most of it, I just query where the money will go... I suspect only a small amount will go to the charity. :(
I doubt she will let that be known tbh.
I also wonder whether it will be made public who really paid Andrews millions to shut her up. Lot's of speculation already.
I very much doubt the actual figures and source will be published.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Saphire

I think his Duke or York title will be the next to go.
He is turning out to be the older generation Harry.
Not wanted or needed any more, thanks to the immoral way they have acted.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
He's not the only one she has taken money from. She has taken Millions from other people aswell.

But let's brush that under the carpet.

S

Saphire

He's not the only one she has taken money from. She has taken Millions from other people aswell.

But let's brush that under the carpet.
Nothing has been brushed under the carpet. It's already been mentioned in this thread.

Back