Share point.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Would you use this site more, if a new 'Share Point' was added to the site?

Where you could share 'Your Status', 'Pictures' and 'Videos'.

I know myself and quite a few others would.!

It would obviously need to be moderated but we have plenty of decent Mods here on site.!

As it is, it's kinda confusing for people to post pictures and video's.

Having a Share Point' is a valuable asset to a 'Chat Site'. It will increase the site's visibility and user input substantially.

Thought's people???

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
People moan far too much about mods in chat before even thinking about another part of the site being moderated. Dread to think what a SharePoint would be like here.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
People moan far too much about mods in chat before even thinking about another part of the site being moderated. Dread to think what a SharePoint would be like here.

Don't be so defeatist.

People moan about Mods that are Modding in the 'Chat rooms'...Not on the 'Site' as a whole..;)

J

JustinCredible

Half the chatters on here won't even post a profile pic of themselves let alone share anything else with our little community . . .

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Half the chatters on here won't even post a profile pic of themselves let alone share anything else with our little community . . .
That's just it....It's NOT our's or Your little community...!

It's the owner of the site...!

Ollie, when you read this get back to me and let me know your thoughts..;)

J

JustinCredible

Yes..I take your point the owners are omnipotent..they can make us all disappear at the click of a button so it doesn't pay to get too attached to this little community..However most of the ex AOL'ers that seem to make up the majority of this site these days are already on each other's facebooks (those AOL'ers that aren't in hiding that is) so the facility to share is already there for me and. . .for most. Having said that I'm all for sharing so any other facility to do so would be welcome.

Reaction score
Feeling I get is that this site is either temporary or is seen as an inconvenience by the site owners. Just the way things come across. Noone with authority seems bothered with what the community thinks or feels, rather we seem to be told what we should be happy with or we can go elsewhere. Theres no involving the community, no communicating, the attitude is like it or lump it. So having a sharepoint doesn't fit in with the way this site is run,its just the basic site which requires the minimum of effort to run. Theres something going on with this site, guess time will tell.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Yes..I take your point the owners are omnipotent..they can make us all disappear at the click of a button so it doesn't pay to get too attached to this little community..However most of the ex AOL'ers that seem to make up the majority of this site these days are already on each other's facebooks (those AOL'ers that aren't in hiding that is) so the facility to share is already there for me and. . .for most. Having said that I'm all for sharing so any other facility to do so would be welcome.

Not everyone is on facebook...;) (I personally have NEVER been on FaceBook...Nor would i...;))

That aside...!

This site needs to compete...Compete with the BEST out there...!

We have some Great members here......A 'Share point ' would bring those Members together...The Site would get WAY MORE HITS...!

What's not to like???

:)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Feeling I get is that this site is either temporary or is seen as an inconvenience by the site owners. Just the way things come across. Noone with authority seems bothered with what the community thinks or feels, rather we seem to be told what we should be happy with or we can go elsewhere. Theres no involving the community, no communicating, the attitude is like it or lump it. So having a sharepoint doesn't fit in with the way this site is run,its just the basic site which requires the minimum of effort to run. Theres something going on with this site, guess time will tell.

Very well said..Breakawake..!

I agree, there's something going on with this site..As you say ..Time will tell..!

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Don't be so defeatist.

People moan about Mods that are Modding in the 'Chat rooms'...Not on the 'Site' as a whole..;)

Well as you have well seen the mini version Share Point we have has "Issues"

Anyways I won't say anymore as I am being a defeatist

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Well as you have well seen the mini version Share Point we have has "Issues"

Anyways I won't say anymore as I am being a defeatist

I wasn't having a 'personal' dig at you LondonGuy. You just seem to have a very negative attitude.!

C

ChasingRubies

Altair didn't you guys all move over to "another site" when the old one closed and this took over? I thought it had a SharePoint?

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I wasn't having a 'personal' dig at you LondonGuy. You just seem to have a very negative attitude.!
wasn't having a dig but followed up with one lol

Not fussed either way what you think of me : ) Seen your style elsewhere and not getting drawn in.

End of the day its a chat site not social media.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Altair didn't you guys all move over to "another site" when the old one closed and this took over? I thought it had a SharePoint?

Some members did move from here to another site but only a small number i think, and from what i hear the 'Other' site is very quiet with very few active members.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
wasn't having a dig but followed up with one lol

Not fussed either way what you think of me : ) Seen your style elsewhere and not getting drawn in.

End of the day its a chat site not social media.

Saying you have a negative attitude is NOT having a dig at you, or anything to do with what I think of you.!

My style?.....Iv'e seen your style too.!

This site isn't just a chat site, it includes social media.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I must be the only one who dont use FB, didnt come from AOL, never been in a chat site that has a share point but I have always posted a real photo of me on my profiles. I have however come from a very successful chat site now sadly closed... I am an avid forum poster here and on my past chat.... it would be nice to see honest folk adding to their own current profile pic so we can see who we chat to. ;)

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Awww I never saw starwars...... did they have a scotty dog in it? :rolleyes:

Back