Sayings you agree with

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

I was aware of this saying without ever understanding what it meant. A while back I had an affair with someone I'd met in a chat room, but the relationship soured so I gibbed it, sat back and braced myself for the backlash. I was fully prepared for it. but to my amazement nothing happened. A full year went by. Then completely out of the blue the ex put my name and address into the chat room, I can't tell you the grief this caused me, it was so unexpected. If it had happened before I'd have been ready for it, but not then. It was only then i understood, revenge is a dish best served cold. :rolleyes:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

I was aware of this saying without ever understanding what it meant. A while back I had an affair with someone I'd met in a chat room, but the relationship soured so I gibbed it, sat back and braced myself for the backlash. I was fully prepared for it. but to my amazement nothing happened. A full year went by. Then completely out of the blue the ex put my name and address into the chat room, I can't tell you the grief this caused me, it was so unexpected. If it had happened before I'd have been ready for it, but not then. It was only then i understood, revenge is a dish best served cold. :rolleyes:

They say women are bad but that was down right nasty.

T

ToughType

That is well out of order, never happened to me the Women i met were lovely, but don't judge all men to be like him like him

S

silentfem

if only we had the gift tae gie us tae see oorselfs as ithers see us

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
One man's trash is another man's treasure
Coming out this morning, the woman next door was loading up her car to go to the tip (waste recycling village :rolleyes:) Of course, I had to stop for a natter, and a nose around. She was throwing this away! Not any more she isn't - I've bagsied it. :)

CaptureUnit.JPG

S

Saphire

So true.
We have recently emptied the garage of 'rubbish'. The lady over the road does car boot sales, she took most of it and was happy with the results she got.

I like the saying..'What goes around comes around'.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'Life begins at 40', always reminds of that morbid quip "try telling John Lennon that" :rolleyes:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"
Is one you hear all the time but one I don't necessarily agree with, sometimes the pain and anger of a break up can make you think... I'd give anything to never have met him/her.

No it's not.

Sometimes its better to never have loved at all.

The depths of hatred one can feel for someone who betrays your trust can shape the outcome of your life.

To me it's better to be lost than to love.

S

Saphire

No it's not.

Sometimes its better to never have loved at all.

The depths of hatred one can feel for someone who betrays your trust can shape the outcome of your life.

To me it's better to be lost than to love.
Yeah, but on your deathbed, my bet is you would remember fondly the great love/loves in your life, not the disappointment that might have followed.

L

LiveWales

Never let success go to your head, and never let failures go to your heart.

Back