Sayings you agree with

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"sometimes it takes a brave man to be a coward"

Today is the anniversary of the Munich air disaster that wiped out half of the Manchester Utd football team. That plane crashed on it's 3rd attempt to take off from the slush laden runway and I'm reminded of what one of the survivors later recalled. .He said that after the 2nd failed take-off attempt he could see some were like himself - nervous, edgy, frightened even, and wanted to get off the plane but no one was prepared to stand up in front of their friends and say sod this I'm scared, I'm getting outa here. ..because. . sometimes.. it takes a brave man to be a coward.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
"sometimes it takes a brave man to be a coward"

Today is the anniversary of the Munich air disaster that wiped out half of the Manchester Utd football team. That plane crashed on it's 3rd attempt to take off from the slush laden runway and I'm reminded of what one of the survivors later recalled. .He said that after the 2nd failed take-off attempt he could see some were like himself - nervous, edgy, frightened even, and wanted to get off the plane but no one was prepared to stand up in front of their friends and say sod this I'm scared, I'm getting outa here. ..because. . sometimes.. it takes a brave man to be a coward.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Er! Sorry but, just how does this hero of yours get off an airborne plane?

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I don't get the reasoning behind the first post?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Er! Sorry but, just how does this hero of yours get off an airborne plane?
The survivor never claimed to be a hero (quite the reverse). The plane never got airborne. It was trying to take off on a snow/ice bound runway. With the 1st and 2nd attempt the pilot managed to safely abort the take-off and taxi back to the start of the runway. Before the 3rd attempt was the time to get off the plane.
I don't get the reasoning behind the first post?
The first post was simply to start a thread on sayings people agreed with. . . . . I started it off with "Sometimes it takes a brave man to be a coward" because I'd been watching a documentary recently and it just struck me at what one of the survivors said.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
“What seems like a good idea at the time, more often than not bites the dust spectacularly” RJG

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'A hard man is good to find'.

Fnarr fnarr.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
One I seriously like: 'The light at the end of the tunnel may be you'. Steven Tyler.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.' Roald Dahl.

I know he was otherwise a terrible man, but I love his books.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
“What seems like a good idea at the time, more often than not bites the dust spectacularly” RJG

What seems like a good idea at the time more often than not bites ME, ON THE ARSE.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I should get a different dog if I were you......Ouch!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"
Is one you hear all the time but one I don't necessarily agree with, sometimes the pain and anger of a break up can make you think... I'd give anything to never have met him/her.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"
Is one you hear all the time but one I don't necessarily agree with, sometimes the pain and anger of a break up can make you think... I'd give anything to never have met him/her.

I agree with you on that one!

But Tennyson was talking about his dead young buddy and so in that context, it is quite heartwarming. In the case of someone having binned you, absolutely. You'd wish never to have cast eyes on them!

Back