Riddles

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
keep it light...

Ah, ok.

Seeing that this is a riddle post, light..

Hmm..

I am faster than light, yet slower than light.
I exist in all people, yet I exist in reality not at all.

I am the future, the past, what was, what is and what can be.
Yet I have no presence in the world.

What am I?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Ah, ok.

Hmm..

What am I?

I am tempted to say a black hole. Am I getting warm?

;)

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Oh don't get me fuckin started...!

I don't think as yet I've given my opinion, but after reading the Polyembolokoilamania thread I'm almost ready to burst.

Reading the forum threads this week has been pushing me to say something.. and that last read totally did it.

I didn't like how Paul (is it?) entered into forum life (problems or not, let's face it we all have them) and started to mouth off.. but maybe he's got it right, not with you I mean @ Wicked, just the mouthing off part.
I'm sick of reading the utter pish that dribbles out of Kev, what a horrible human. He's maybe a lovely guy (perhaps even a bit of a norman) in real life, who knows... but on here he's utterly detestable.
Now this - much like Paul's - is my own opinion and I genuinely don't give a **** who cares or not.
And Whales in a pool.. is so far up Kevs arse she's actually tickling his tonsils from within!

Why the **** would I want to stay on a chat site that does nothing the majority of the time but have members argue and bicker, always attempting to try and get the better of others, or try to bully and coerce. Negative shyte on here, day in day out!! And I'm fuckin sick of the lot of it.
I'm leaving.
End of.
Some of this was really funny! You need to stay- you fit right in ;)

As the type of public forum it is, UK Chat attracts all sorts. Some stay for a while and fcuk off; some stay for a while, fcuk off and come back again.. Some just stay, popping their head in to throw a few insults or revelations around every now and again. In one incarnation or another, I have been in the forum about 4 or 5 years and have come to see it as a type of amateur dramatics group/therapy/soap opera.

There's always an argument floating around, but that gives me a warm sense of family and like family, they're all a bit fcuked up.

Occasionally, you do get a pervading weird one that flashes up for a few weeks before realising they've bitten off more than they can chew, but honestly, they're the ones you can crack open the popcorn to and have a bit of fun with :p

Lil_White_Fox

Foxy love ❤️
Reaction score
Ah, ok.

Hmm..

What am I?
Infinity
And beyond

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If coffin is the answer, then I must protest.
It's quite likely, in this day and age of getting value for money, that the person commissioning the work gets to see, and very likely, feel it.
Please tell me that it isn't a coffin.

:eek:
Who purchases a coffin in advance? Not many! The tendency these days because of the cost of living crisis is to buy a no-frills cremation. They
certainly don't get to see the coffin. So yes, coffin is the correct answer, so suck it up MrWicked :) But your contributions to the thread are both
welcomed and appreciated.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A lady is sitting in her hotel room when there's a knock at the door. She opens the door to find a man she’s never seen before. He says, “Oh I’m
sorry, I made a mistake, I thought this was my room.” He then goes away and gets into a lift. The woman shuts her door and phones security.

What made her so suspicious?

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A lady is sitting in her hotel room when there's a knock at the door. She opens the door to find a man she’s never seen before. He says, “Oh I’m
sorry, I made a mistake, I thought this was my room.” He then goes away and gets into a lift. The woman shuts her door and phones security.

He knocked. If it was his room, wouldn't he have opened it himself, rather than knock. He could have been knocking to see if anyone was in before trying to rob it.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Who purchases a coffin in advance? Not many! The tendency these days because of the cost of living crisis is to buy a no-frills cremation. They
certainly don't get to see the coffin. So yes, coffin is the correct answer, so suck it up MrWicked :) But your contributions to the thread are both
welcomed and appreciated.
If I'd known that you had set this riddle, I wouldn't have dared been so flippant.
Of course I am aware of the growing trend towards minimalist funerals now. "After all, no one likes funerals, do they?"... as in the advert.
I am always tempted to quote Grandad's funeral scene in Only Fools And Horses where two old biddies relish them. ;)
I have never carried out a survey on people's funeral plans, so I thought if someone purchased a coffin in advance, they ought to be able to view, and even feel, the workmanship.
When you view things in a cynical manner you don't tend to overlook these possibilities.

Sorry.

:(

Lil_White_Fox

Foxy love ❤️
Reaction score

Yeah the knock but also if he got the wrong room why not move along to the next room and not get in the lift...shudders :eek:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
INFORMATION...Not ' Imagination'... ;)
Nah information can only be transposed, hence it has a scource and a recipiant.
That can only travel at less than the speed of light as we cannot communicate that fast.
Internally however?

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Nah information can only be transposed, hence it has a scource and a recipiant.
That can only travel at less than the speed of light as we cannot communicate that fast.
Internally however?
If the brain fires synapses using electricity than it cannot go faster than the speed of light...this is what threw me...but anyway
I mean the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second....its rather fast!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If the brain fires synapses using electricity than it cannot go faster than the speed of light...this is what threw me...but anyway
Light speed is debatable, due to the medium it passes through.
The brain creates highways for thought, it's plastic in its virtues.

Besides that, quantum physics, we think we know particles can be in several if not all places at once.

Have you ever simply reacted for something outside you visual range?
Autonomically.
It registers before we think about it.

Just a thought.

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Light speed is debatable, due to the medium it passes through.
The brain creates highways for thought, it's plastic in its virtues.

Besides that, quantum physics, we think we know particles can be in several if not all places at once.

Have you ever simply reacted for something outside you visual range?
Autonomically.
It registers before we think about it.

Just a thought.
Saying light speed is debatable due to the medium it passes through makes me think why use the example in the first place?
Dunno why you are suddenly bringing quantum physics into the argument....irrelevant

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Saying light speed is debatable due to the medium it passes through makes me think why use the example in the first place?
Dunno why you are suddenly bringing quantum physics into the argument....irrelevant
Why is it a problem?
We have seen quantum entaglement in action.
How do we know what is real?

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Why is it a problem?
We have seen quantum entaglement in action.
How do we know what is real?
Ok you are saying that quantum mechanics happen in the brain....fair enough

Last edited:
Back