Riddles

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
What is the longest word in the dictionary?

Unless another pseudo word has replaced it, as far as I am aware, it still is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

However, to end the misery of fellow riddlers, I would suggest that the answer is smiles; because there is a 'mile' between the s's.

;)

TemptingEnigma

Last time I was someone’s type I was giving blood.
Reaction score
Unless another pseudo word has replaced it, as far as I am aware, it still is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

However, to end the misery of fellow riddlers, I would suggest that the answer is smiles; because there is a 'mile' between the s's.

;)
sMILEs is the answer I was looking for LOL

And I always thought that that the longest word in the OED was floccinaucinihilipilification ... live and learn xx

Wishing you are yours all the very best for Christmas, and a guid New Year

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
sMILEs is the answer I was looking for LOL

And I always thought that that the longest word in the OED was floccinaucinihilipilification ... live and learn xx

Wishing you are yours all the very best for Christmas, and a guid New Year

Miles or Myles was always the answer to many a riddle.
For instance, one riddle was, "what's the longest name in the world?"
The answer to that is Myles (aka miles) Long.
Yes, like you, I thought it a rather feeble answer.

Nonetheless, I would also like to wish you a Very Merry Christmas.

No doubt, see you in The New Year.

;)

TemptingEnigma

Last time I was someone’s type I was giving blood.
Reaction score
Miles or Myles was always the answer to many a riddle.
For instance, one riddle was, "what's the longest name in the world?"
The answer to that is Myles (aka miles) Long.
Yes, like you, I thought it a rather feeble answer.

Nonetheless, I would also like to wish you a Very Merry Christmas.

No doubt, see you in The New Year.

;)
Another riddle which I have refrained from using here as it uses a Scottish word that would be meaningless to many.

It is - what is the smallest city in Scotland?

Answer - PERTH as is sits between 2 inches.

INCH - is a Scots word for meadow or parkland , which Perth has 2 of called imaginatively(not) the North and South Inch.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"Crom is strong!
If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?'
If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

What is the Riddle of steel?

;)

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
"Crom is strong!
If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?'
If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

What is the Riddle of steel?

;)
A quick google reveals the answer....
I don't suggest doing it but I would never have got the answer without it....
good luck everyone....

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am a man.
I am also a woman.

Yet historically I am am both.
What am I?

D

Dardii

Had to just check that with my source to see if it's accurate.
My 12yr old Son who is Autistic, possess a photographic memory, has a thing for words his favourite being..
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.. he finds it hilarious.

asaultnviniger

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My 12yr old Son who is Autistic, possess a photographic memory, has a thing for words his favourite being..
fear of long words i think

WickedPerdition

Reaction score

I hope that your son hasn't discovered this word just yet: Polyembolokoilamania
Apparently, it's doing the rounds on the Forums at the moment.
:eek:

D

Dardii

I hope that your son hasn't discovered this word just yet: Polyembolokoilamania
Apparently, it's doing the rounds on the Forums at the moment.

Oh don't get me fuckin started...!

I don't think as yet I've given my opinion, but after reading the Polyembolokoilamania thread I'm almost ready to burst.

Reading the forum threads this week has been pushing me to say something.. and that last read totally did it.

I didn't like how Paul (is it?) entered into forum life (problems or not, let's face it we all have them) and started to mouth off.. but maybe he's got it right, not with you I mean @ Wicked, just the mouthing off part.
I'm sick of reading the utter pish that dribbles out of Kev, what a horrible human. He's maybe a lovely guy (perhaps even a bit of a norman) in real life, who knows... but on here he's utterly detestable.
Now this - much like Paul's - is my own opinion and I genuinely don't give a **** who cares or not.
And Whales in a pool.. is so far up Kevs arse she's actually tickling his tonsils from within!

Why the **** would I want to stay on a chat site that does nothing the majority of the time but have members argue and bicker, always attempting to try and get the better of others, or try to bully and coerce. Negative shyte on here, day in day out!! And I'm fuckin sick of the lot of it.
I'm leaving.
End of.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Oh don't get me fuckin started...!

I don't think as yet I've given my opinion, but after reading the Polyembolokoilamania thread I'm almost ready to burst.

Reading the forum threads this week has been pushing me to say something.. and that last read totally did it.

I didn't like how Paul (is it?) entered into forum life (problems or not, let's face it we all have them) and started to mouth off.. but maybe he's got it right, not with you I mean @ Wicked, just the mouthing off part.
I'm sick of reading the utter pish that dribbles out of Kev, what a horrible human. He's maybe a lovely guy (perhaps even a bit of a norman) in real life, who knows... but on here he's utterly detestable.
Now this - much like Paul's - is my own opinion and I genuinely don't give a **** who cares or not.
And Whales in a pool.. is so far up Kevs arse she's actually tickling his tonsils from within!

Why the **** would I want to stay on a chat site that does nothing the majority of the time but have members argue and bicker, always attempting to try and get the better of others, or try to bully and coerce. Negative shyte on here, day in day out!! And I'm fuckin sick of the lot of it.
I'm leaving.
End of.
I'm beginning to wish that I'd never brought the subject up now.

There IS the option to not bother reading the Forum threads/comments.
There IS the option to ignore any threads, comments and notifications.
There IS still the chatrooms to enjoy in all their diversity.

If you are considering leaving UK Chat altogether and missing out on these entertaining diversions, that is a shame.
I think you could be another LadyOnaRoofTop. One of the most respected contributors in the Forums.

Whatever your choice:

Best wishes.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Reading the forum threads this week has been pushing me to say something..
Fair play to you for giving your honest opinion. I'd like to give my opinion of some of the people who fequent this place but I wouldn't last 5 mins. I'd be banned and I don't want to go. I like dipping into this site to sound off on things (it's my only forum).
I'm beginning to wish that I'd never brought the subject up now.
You crack me up! :)
I think you could be another LadyOnaRoofTop
Thanks for the tribute, it's like being given flowers. :)
I really get your sardonic humour and I'd love to be able to spend more time on here, but what with working three/four 12 hour shifts a week,
exercising, sleeping, preparing meals, it doesn't leave much time for anything else. Then again, would I really wanna spend more time on here? :rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am a man.
I am also a woman.

Yet historically I am am both.
What am I?
I you were neither man nor woman, these days you'd be non-binary :rolleyes:
But if you were a man AND a woman, I've no idea what the answer would be. :confused:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The bloke who constructs it will definitely not use it. Sometimes the person who pays for it will not use it. The person who finally does get to use it will not see nor feel it.
What is it?

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
a coffin!
If coffin is the answer, then I must protest.
It's quite likely, in this day and age of getting value for money, that the person commissioning the work gets to see, and very likely, feel it.
Please tell me that it isn't a coffin.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I you were neither man nor woman, these days you'd be non-binary :rolleyes:
But if you were a man AND a woman, I've no idea what the answer would be. :confused:
Inanna or Ishtar, whichever you prefer.
Depended on the time of day.

Or if you look to the Jewish faith the androgyne, the modern derivitive being androgynous, was the being who created life in their own image, both male and female.

Although the Yahwistic version of the text says women were created after men because he needed a "Fitting helper"

It's all mixed up in religous veiws and fun stuff, but the problem is people take this sh** seriously.

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Inanna or Ishtar, whichever you prefer.
Depended on the time of day.

Or if you look to the Jewish faith the androgyne, the modern derivitive being androgynous, was the being who created life in their own image, both male and female.

Although the Yahwistic version of the text says women were created after men because he needed a "Fitting helper"

It's all mixed up in religous veiws and fun stuff, but the problem is people take this sh** seriously.
keep it light...

Back