Racism in the YAH room

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I'm not here 24/7 so i don't see a great deal. But i agree with the above.

I got kicked in the YAH room just for sating the 'F' word.!! (wasn't directed at anyone)...

Someone rant's off about shooting gays and is allowed to continue???

Strange rules.!

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
enough of that nonsense ^^^^^^^^^

Racism is deemed a hate crime in this country so i don't really want to see it in a UK chat room. We're told to ignore or block chatters that offend you..but should we? isn't that really just looking the other way?
I understand that chat room moderators are probably working under restrictions that I am unaware of and I certainly don't want this turned into
yet another Mod bashing thread.. there's enough of them on the forum already.. in fact one Mod (xxlavenderxx) was very helpful over this unpleasantness, but the Mods do have to keep on top of this before it gets out of hand..if you ignore racism the bigots feel empowered and the last thing we want is the YAH room ending up like the free-for-all The Lobby is.

But on another post Justin, we're told that this isn't real and that it's just words on a screen, so why should racism on chat matter either? This is the thing Justin. We have to be consistent with our arguments on this. What is acceptable and what isn't. If we're saying that this isn't real and It's just words on a screen, doesn't that mean anything goes? This is why i made what i thought was a valid point on my other post. How far does it go until we say enough is enough. Or is it just fun and not real, so we should just ignore it.

Do you understand the inconsistency of people's arguments based on what can be said and what can't?

J

Jared

Young At Heart is by far the worst room on this entire site.

The over-40 crowd are by far the biggest drama queens on this entire site (just look at where the majority of the drama on this forum comes from . . .).

My suggestion? Shut down Young At Heart, and make UKChat an under-40-only chat site.

Also, make me head admin.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Cheeky bum Jared......one day you will be our age and then lets see if u would wanna go in under 40 chat rooms.
I am sure you wont... but for now best say it all, while u still know everything!

J

JustinCredible

But on another post Justin, we're told that this isn't real and that it's just words on a screen, so why should racism on chat matter either? This is the thing Justin. We have to be consistent with our arguments on this. What is acceptable and what isn't. If we're saying that this isn't real and It's just words on a screen, doesn't that mean anything goes? This is why i made what i thought was a valid point on my other post. How far does it go until we say enough is enough. Or is it just fun and not real, so we should just ignore it.

Do you understand the inconsistency of people's arguments based on what can be said and what can't?
Wojcik..what other people say is up to them..I know I'm consistent in my arguments..Most of us are here to just have a laugh and each of us has to decide what is not acceptable in chat as we all have different thresholds..for me it's racism..homophobia..religious intolerance and paedophilia.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Mine is DD = Defamation and discrimination in any form.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I got a lovely tan so don't pick on my body im shy :(

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Some people are just so big headed.

J

JustinCredible

Can you two ^^^^ you know who you are..kindly stop hijacking threads to engage in idle chit-chat? why don't you create a thread specifically for that sort of thing so that the other threads can contain comments solely pertaining to what those other threads were created for!
Thanking you in advance.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Who upset Justin its a free thread try another chat site if your so upset

J

JustinCredible

This forum is not your own personal chat room! it is here to debate..make points.. not to chat about the weather..make coffee or other trivial chit-chat.. thank you!

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This forum is not your own personal chat room! it is here to debate..make points.. not to chat about the weather..make coffee or other trivial chit-chat.. thank you!
I would just ignore them they are just acting like kids and have the cheek to call others trolls ect when challenged.

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Why you being disruptive to the forum Words just replying K everywhere

J

JustinCredible

Returning to the original subject of this thread and ignoring the forum disruptor .. ..
Last night in YAH a Mod.. yes a Mod said she personally doesn't see anything wrong with using the words Chink/Chinky in connection with anything to do with China.. I just thought WTF! If moderators are saying this it will only encourage even more discriminatory language to be used in the room.

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
wot about paki, is that alright? pikey for travellers. ?? there must be many more we can use now

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
JustinCredible I am in shock .not on at all that just goes to show you what sort of ppl are modding the room she [ iffit is she] needs sacking]

spud

bugger off
Reaction score
I never took you for the deceitful sort Justin...the words chink/chinky/chinkers were NOT associated with China...they were associated with a chatters name....Chinablue. I've known China for a round 12 years and, have during that time always refered to her as Chinkers...we both regard it as a term of endearment that had absolutely nothing to do with casual racism..if a connection with racism could be found, it could only be found in your pedantic mind. Alternatively it could be that you love banging on about racism to make you look you look urbane and interesting...alternatively it may be a means of attention seeking.
Either way, it would be a bad day for the room were it to be governed to pander to the likes of you and, Lifegoeson.
Yours sincerely,
A Jock.

Back