Prisoner Cell Block H

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Over the holidays I have been watching Prisoner, which has just started a rerun on 5Select (channel 153 on Sky). I invite you, the fab forum few, to join me in watching all 692 episodes. :cool:

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Over the holidays I have been watching Prisoner, which has just started a rerun on 5Select (channel 153 on Sky). I invite you, the fab forum few, to join me in watching all 692 episodes. :cool:
are we talking the original prisoner cell block h, or the horrific re-imagined one with milfs in it?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Oh I am definitely talking about the original Prisoner Cell Block H. I think the remake was called 'Wentworth', and I did watch the first episode, but it wasn't for me. A right old reimaging debacle!
I am currently up to episode 8 and still going strong! Bea Smith and Frankie have had another set-to and Marilyn has just been released...

And yes, what a fabulous theme song....

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
or the horrific re-imagined one with milfs in it?
wait Pamela Rabe was outstanding in the show Wentworth as the Freak, she was amazing in every scene, 1st appearance in the first episode of the second season

I am currently up to episode 8 and still going strong!
how far did you get?

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm really cracking on with it, i'm up to episode 50.... Noleen's back inside after a warehouse robbery went wrong. helping her in the caper was her
daughter, who is now living at Meg Jackson's house, which she went on to ransack! :DThe Doc is talking about leaving and there's talk of a half-way house for ex-prisoners.

Re 'Wentworth'... I probably didn't give it a chance, I made the mistake of comparing it to the original. From that clip it looks a hell of a lot more
violent! :eek: But I'll get round to watching it sometime, give it another go.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I looked on Channel 5's catch-up service and there's 100 episodes of Wentworth available to be downloaded. I may watch them in conjunction with Prisoner. For every 7 episodes of Prisoner i'll watch one of Wentworth. By my reckoning, If I try to watch an episode every morning, it will take me over two years to get to the end of both series. :eek:
To be perfectly honest, I don't know why I bother with a TV licence because I rarely watch live TV. I stream everything.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I was saddened to read that Maxine Klibingatis who played Bobbie Mitchell in Prisoner, died aged 58 in April 2023. Judging by photos of her at the Prisoner conventions, she was as quirky as her character Bobbie.
RIP Maxine.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I only caught the tail-end of the series when it was first aired in the 90s. I was in the Granada TV area at the time, and the final episode sticks in my mind, because before it was shown, the announcer had a phone interview with Maggie Kirkpatrick (The Freak) live from Australia. And what a final episode! It's a shame the series was cancelled just before it became a world-wide cult hit.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
shame the series was cancelled just before it became a world-wide cult hit.
it really was a cult show, even with the wobbly walls haha

iu

Back