Our leader Boris

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If they did their job they would be ousted by their party, that much is clear. They either toe the party line or swap to the other side of the House, where the cycle repeats.
Now you understand.
They do what they can in a broken system where what they do has little effect unless they actually try, which some do.
Democracy isnt broken, it has simply been supplanted by an administrative, media and social media system that prevents people who care actually doing thier job.
The system works, the problem is government has become to big and all pervasive that they can gaslight the populace with main stream media and social media.
Who is to blame for that, we the people who believe it, or dont care as long as we are ok.
As Jefferson said:-
"The government you elect is the government you deserve"
People tend to forget he also said:-
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”

I'm not usually one to qoute scripture but :-
“Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”

Geordiefella4u

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have to disagree.
Back benchers who have never held a ministerial position, like Walker, simply want to do what is right for thier constituants.
Lets not forget, they dont want the government to go full stupid, it's thier careers on the line.
If they dont get elected, they are out of a job.
Thats why I can understand his anger at the Tory leadership for the debacle they have created.

The problem we have is the administrative state, the unelected parts of government which are now so large and influential.
We need to cull those departments and put the power back into the back benchers who are not borne of some other orginisations "Leadership programs".
William Shakespeare said something along the lines "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely actors upon it" Don't fall for the theatre ......while the right hands mesmerising you ask what the left hand's doing!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
BBC newsreader can't contain her joy on hearing that Boris has pulled out of the leadership race. And they say BBC isn't biased... :rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes, the 'men in grey suits' have got their man in place. He wasn't my preference, I wanted Boris! :) but I accept now that he's yesterday's man, and there's no going back. :( Fair play to the Conservatives though... They are often branded as sexist and racist by Labour, despite them having had three females Prime Ministers and now a British Asian to lead the country. The only thing Labour can offer women is 'all-women shortlists'. :rolleyes:

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
It seems a long time since the electorate, got to choose who governs the UK. I wonder what the next tactic will be, to prevent us from voting?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Why would a man who is worth £730 million want a job that pays £164k a year?
There's one thing some men crave more than money - power.

Did you see that video of Rishi arriving at Conservative Party HQ? They had all gathered outside to congratulate him. Matt Hancock had managed
to get himself to the front. Rishi warmly shook hands with everyone - except Hancock. He completely blanked him! How embarrassing....

Back