many years together why he doesn't marry?

F

fonzie

I'm trying to find a proper reasons why it's important for me to get married. He doesn't care about me reaching age of 40 feeling old . He still thinks it doesn't matter for him how old I'm as I'm still gonna look pretty in white dress. We started being friends when I was 27 years old. We have 2 kids together. We bought a house. Then our goal was to get married which never happened. At some point I wanted to go to register office and do it. He didn't want it. He wants to have a proper wedding with a music dance ect. So why it's taking him so long? He wants to propose. I really don't care any more as I've waited for such a long time I only want to be his wife and to feel complete. When I was pregnant I asked him why dont we make plans now. He said it's covid out there. It's gonna be very difficult to organise the wedding. Now he told me he wants to propose but needs to find the right moment. Ok so all those family trip, birthdays, Christmas,new year are not enough to find a perfect moment? I got feeling he is stringing me along . My thoughts are that he doesn't want to get married and all of that its just a lie. If I would know that sooner I'd never start relationship with somebody who doesn't want to get married in the end. I don't even have the same surname as my kids which is awful feeling but he doesn't care in his opinion this is not strong argument to get married. What else I can do/ say?
I'd bin him ASAP he's toying with you and your putting up with it it's that simple

Mumsof2

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I won't be taking about it I have a question about something else which some of you might know the answer. He wants to put the wills in place to protect me and kids in the future so his share of the house will go directly to me and kids not to his family first. So they won't be considered as they might agree to take his share so I might be left with no place to live. We are jointly owners. I proposed him to go for cohsbitant agreement instead. In Scotland, a cohabitation agreement is a legally binding document that can set out, for example, the main financial arrangements of the parties, clarification of property ownership by the parties and a mechanism for the division of assets in the event of the cohabitation breaking down. They also do wills and all sort of things. Are any of you are familiar with this?

S

Saphire

I don't know enough about the ins and outs of will making to add anything to your post....other than, if I ever need advice about my wordly goods, the ones I have spent my lifetime accumulating, I would talk to a qualified solicitor ,not random strangers on a chat forum.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the ins and outs of will making to add anything to your post....other than, if I ever need advice about my wordly goods, the ones I have spent my lifetime accumulating, I would talk to a qualified solicitor ,not random strangers on a chat forum.

But you forget on Chat we have experts from all fields!

I think this is the perfect place to come for solicitor qualified from the university of life :D

S

Saphire

But you forget on Chat we have experts from all fields!

I think this is the perfect place to come for solicitor qualified from the university of life :D
I forget sometimes just how qualified we all are. :D

Forums are a good place to throw ideas around, and sometimes others can help if they have been through similar experiences....but I would draw the line at legal advice....unless I wanted to end up skint that is. o_O

A

angelo

the answer is simple if you want to be a door mat carry on as you are or do something about it and tell him to fook off then your life will go up hill and by way I'm not available lmao

Mumsof2

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Yea but it blows my mind thinking that he would rather to spend more money on solicitor putting a will in place plus signing cohabitant agreement which cost from £300 min +up than just get civil partnership cost only £190 !??administration fee plus my wedding dress second hand got from eBay cheap.

Back