Bad_Influence

Have you heard of population density?

UK = 242.5km2. Population 66.6m
Thailand = 513km2 population 24m
Vietnam = 331.2km2 population 96m
Australia = 7692km2 population 25 m
NZ = 268km2 population 5m
China= 9597km2 population 1,3b

Now putting aside that we can’t believe the figures coming out of China obviously, naturally as the virus is transmitted via close contact there is bound to be a higher contagion rate in more densely populated countries.
At least compare like for like when using statistics, or you run the risk on making yourself look foolish.

B

Bad_Influence

If the gov’t had spent £millions on preparing for a pandemic, should they also be spending your money on preventing an asteroid strike? Or a major solar flare. Both very possible but highly unlikely.
The bottom line is this ... there’s only so much of our money to go round and no govt can see into the future. Yes there were warnings, but you’d have been the first to kick off if you thought the gov’t were spending money on ‘what-ifs’ instead of the problems at the time.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I never need to pull up Google. Never have. I have experience. I have background, in the scientific method. I know where to find evidence without using the G word. And G word aside, not everything has to be from a university, an academic journal, a scientific paper. The author/s, can have grounding, experience, academic qualifications 'et al'.

For me, no agenda but the truth. The scientific truth. But if you do not have experience in this way of working, I am not trying to belittle you or say 'you have an agenda'. It is okay to not know. It is okay to make mistakes, because that is how we learn. Plus learning is one of life's great joys. Like a new piece of music that stimulates us forward, brings us to a better place. Teaching us. And I have no problem at all in you making comments on anything I post. Just, please, cut out the agenda stuff, because that isn't my game. Never has been.

Posting facts and the factual words of others, more experienced than me. That is all. Trying to help those who read them to see what has happened. Make up their own mind, when they realise that there was a protocol put in place. They knew. That is the saddest part of all of this. They knew what would happen and did nothing, from day 1. It makes me very sad.

Yes you are very good at pulling up Google information congrats on that,

We practice for an Armageddon also and many other things ,

My point is this , in reality modern day governments have not had to deal with this before so every decision is trial and error ,

You no what point i am trying to make but your decision is to take some agenda i am just not interested in ,

I am a normal person living everyday life and without needing 20,000 Google pages or You tube clips to complicate my life i comment on what i see from a regular viewpoint with no hidden agenda :)

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Im no doctor,nurse.scientist nor politician but im sure no one saw this coming and I think they are trying there best to try and sort this horrible virus.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am a scientist. That is my background. I would not, on a forum of this sort, post academic papers, journals etc. because very few would spend time reading them. So, without belittling anyone, I made my post gentler, easier to read. Adding words from Doctors and GP's on Twitter, easy papers from the Lancet medical journal, a paper from NHS England, etc., and mentioned 2016 Exercise Cygnus, which most NHS staff will know about. I posted three videos from a group of activists I follow called Led By Donkeys, because they originally were anti-Brexit, as I was and am. But, the videos they put together are a factual timeline of events as happened from Covid day 1. Nothing more or less. A simple way of getting information to someone, who perhaps would not listen to that on tv, but would be willing to watch a YouTube vid or two. That is all. But, you would need to watch them to either agree or disagree. I suspect you haven't watched them. But I am willing to be wrong.

Sometimes, we cannot learn if we do not step outside of out of our comfort zone. Again, like music, until we feel the rhythm of the truth, of the tune, we do not know if we care for it, feel it or want to let it be part of our lives. It may only take 3 chords, 3 minutes, but 'three' could change our life, change our mind. One way or another.

People make me laugh when they say " I researched it "

No you didn't ,

Piggybacking You Tube clips and amassing countless Google pages is not researching ,

It is actually hoping that the posts of others are correct in the vein hope it can somehow back your silly viewpoint,

Researching is doing the work yourself and making sure it is correct.

You know this right ?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Im no doctor,nurse.scientist nor politician but im sure no one saw this coming and I think they are trying there best to try and sort this horrible virus.

That is what Exercise Cygnus was all about in 2016. A flu/virus pandemic of this magnitude. They have had 4 to 5 years of knowing.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
@TwoWhalesInAPool .

You run with all that i'll be chomping Spaghetti ,

This comment which was a total contradiction ,.............." I never need to pull up Google. Never have. "

Prompted me to read NOTHING else you typed,

I do not care if you work for "Iceland" , i'll type it again for you ,

" I am a normal person with NO hidden agenda "

Have a wonderful evening on UK chat XD

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
And at least 50 years knowing an asteroid strike is possible. What-ifs and maybes.

Covid_19 has happened. There is no 'what if'.

Responsibility comes at great cost. If they cannot stand the heat of that particular political kitchen, then stay out of it. If not, stand up and say 'I was wrong'. We were wrong'. We will improve.' But pretending it is all okay only lays a pathway for greater and greater mistakes and blunders.

B

Bad_Influence

Covid_19 has happened. There is no 'what if'.

Responsibility comes at great cost. If they cannot stand the heat of that particular political kitchen, then stay out of it. If not, stand up and say 'I was wrong'. We were wrong'. We will improve.' But pretending it is all okay only lays a pathway for greater and greater mistakes and blunders.

Hindsight is 20/20.
In 2017 covid on this scale was a what-if.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Cannot be bothered? That choice is yours.

My experience is what it is. If you do not understand, I am fine with that.

I have worked in the country of Iceland if that helps and have shopped in the same named store too. Their staff need to be praised for the work they are doing during this pandemic.

My experiences are always wonderful on ukchat.

PS: Don't get hung up on the G word!

@TwoWhalesInAPool .

This comment which was a total contradiction ,.............." I never need to pull up Google. Never have. "

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
PS: Just to say, I had the decency to read past your use of the 'Google' word. When you mentioned it in your first reply to me.

Poco_Loco said:
''Yes you are very good at pulling up Google information congrats on that'.....''

I hope you are now clear on the reason I replied to you using it in the same context.

Hopefully you are.

@TwoWhalesInAPool .

B

Bad_Influence

I think it was Mark Twain who said it best...

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”

Never has it been more true.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm just sitting here shaking my head. That's all.

'Fools and others lives are easily parted.'

100000 plus, so far, have given up their lives to the 'fools'.

This is so sad.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It wasn't Twain. Although he used the term and erroneously attributed it to PM Disraeli. The originator of the quote is pretty unclear, but, for now, statistically, Twain will suffice. That's no lie, seriously!

I think it was Mark Twain who said it best...

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”

Never has it been more true.

Back