Hello Doc!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Now that we have effective vaccines and we hear they will be offered to all NHS staff first, will I now be able to get a face to face with my GP? Will he come down from his hysteric isolation to actually see a patient?
Will he?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I don't see any 'effective vaccines' as of yet and I wouldn't want one anywhere near me, anyway..

Good luck with your GP

Hi! It take a while for some people to
adjust to new things/ideas.
The virus is much quicker! :)

:)

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'll gladly give anyone (who wants it), my dose of the vaccine.

I'm nice like that :)

I'd actually love to be present whilst our politicians, virologists etc, who promote such a vaccine are being injected with it and be sure they are actually being injected with the stuff they want us to be injected with.

Trials and testing in such a short period of time is anything but safe - Not enough data.

Sorry.

I'm not an anti vaxxer - but I'm not stupid, either.

:)

Omega! Do you really believe that our government is planning to poison us all?

Really? :eek::confused:o_O

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'The Pfizer vaccine:

Developed by Turkish immigrants

Made in Germany

Tested globally

Manufactured in Belgium

Fast tracked as UK is still in EU Single Market

Made legal under European EU law

But the Tories are trying to claim all the credit!

Lying Johnson and Hancock, scum.'

via - T-UK

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
'The Pfizer vaccine:

Made in Germany

Tested globally

Manufactured in Belgium

via - T-UK

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
'The Pfizer vaccine:

Made in Germany

Tested globally

Manufactured in Belgium

via - T-UK
Hey! You got your beanie hat and cardboard cut out sign ready for the demo outside Westminster?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A vaccine ready to go so soon? and yet they've been trying to develop a vaccine for AIDS since the 1980s hmmmmmmmmm! This one has to be stored at -70 degrees. I wouldn't touch it.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A vaccine ready to go so soon? and yet they've been trying to develop a vaccine for AIDS since the 1980s hmmmmmmmmm! This one has to be stored at -70 degrees. I wouldn't touch it.

And yet people with Aids are leading normal lives now...because of a vaccine that may not cure them but at least allows for a long life.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
And yet people with Aids are leading normal lives now...because of a vaccine that may not cure them but at least allows for a long life.
Yes, if you keep taking the medication for the rest of your life, you can lead a near normal life, but there's no vaccine been developed yet to STOP you getting AIDS.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
No! Not a vaccine ... but think Condom!
It would certainly be cheaper! :) I'm reminded of NASA spending £millions developing a pen that would work in zero gravity space. The Russians used a pencil. :rolleyes:

B

Bad_Influence

Omega! Do you really believe that our government is planning to poison us all?

Really? :eek::confused:o_O

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the gov't is trying to poison anyone, but a vaccine that has not, can not have been, tested for the long-term effects is questionable at best.
I agree with Words that it is personal choice but I for one will not be taking it. You are welcome to have mine.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is suggesting that the gov't is trying to poison anyone, but a vaccine that has not, can not have been, tested for the long-term effects is questionable at best.
I agree with Words that it is personal choice but I for one will not be taking it. You are welcome to have mine.
I bet you are still worrying about red meat! ;)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It would certainly be cheaper! :) I'm reminded of NASA spending £millions developing a pen that would work in zero gravity space. The Russians used a pencil. :rolleyes:

If only reality was as cute, M'lady.

''Both U.S. astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts initially used pencils on space flights, but those writing instruments were not ideal: pencil tips can flake and break off, and having such objects floating around space capsules in near-zero gravity posed a potential harm to astronauts and equipment. (As well, after the fatal Apollo 1 fire in 1967, NASA was anxious to avoid having astronauts carry flammable objects such as pencils onboard with them.)

When the solution of providing astronauts with a ballpoint pen that would work under weightless conditions and extreme temperatures came about, though, it wasn’t because NASA had thrown hundreds of thousands of dollars (inflated to $12 billion in the latest iterations of this tale) in research and development money at the problem. The “space pen” that has since become famous through its use by astronauts was developed independently by Paul C. Fisher of the Fisher Pen Co., who spent his own money on the project and, once he perfected his AG-7 “Anti-Gravity” Space Pen, offered it to NASA. After that agency tested and approved the pen’s suitability for use in space flights, they purchased a number of the instruments from Fisher for a modest price.'' -

FACT CHECK: NASA's 'Astronaut Pen' [article above and more f.a.c.t.s.]

Fisher Space Pen Co [Fisher Price spacepen story]

https://history.nasa.gov/spacepen.html - [nasa spacepen history]

http://www.thewritersedge.com/story.cfm - [How a Fisher Space Pen Helped Armstrong and Aldrin Return from the Moon]

A photo of Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov testing out his first Fisher Space Pen back in 1968 can be found online,
[if you can be bothered to search.]

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

How sensible. I would really hope you wouldn't touch anything at -70 degrees. Not even the solid form of carbon dioxide.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

I'm glad that pitiable snowflakes didn't make this much fuss about the speed of the Ebola vaccine. Doesn't bear thinking about.

And don't you worry your pretty head about not taking the Covid_19 vaccine, the rest of us who will get inoculated will protect you and other vaccine deniers using the bloody marvelous herd immunity. You are very welcome.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hey! You got your beanie hat and cardboard cut out sign ready for the demo outside Westminster?

You come across as sensible and sane.

Back