Hate Crime

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I have just finished reading an article in the Daily Mail (don't hate me!) about a pub landlady who had a collection of Gollywogs on display. I apologise if this word offends anyone, but there is no other word for it. Apparently complaints were made, and a group of Police came into the pub and removed them. They considered it to be a hate crime.
The Landlady has received a lot of support, the Home Secretary Suella Braaverman has condemmed the actions of the Police. The Landlady has returned the items to the pub, they are back on display.
I am genuinely interested in hearing people's thoughts, on this subject. Do you consider it to be a hate crime, or is it another example of political correctness gone mad? This is meant to be an inclusive topic, for everyone to have their say.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Two things surprised me...First, that in this day and age someone would think it's ok to display a load of gollywogs in a public place. In your own home, fair enough, but in a public place? It's kind of making a statement isn't it? And secondly...
That it took half a dozen police officers to remove them! :rolleyes:

BlackMagicBabeXx

“Shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.”
Reaction score
No wonder the old lady down the street had to wait 3 days for the police to investigate her bag being snatched they had their hands full of gollywogs and china pigs

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know if any black people frequent that tavern. Not exactly a warm and inviting welcome is it?
I think the Home Secretary was condemning the police for the number of officers involved, not for the action they were taking.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
golls.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh wait !
Hahahaha..:)-

gollies-back.jpg

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know if any black people frequent that tavern. Not exactly a warm and inviting welcome is it?
I think the Home Secretary was condemning the police for the number of officers involved, not for the action they were taking.

When did we get so weak?

Golliwogs, seriously.

Something invented, by a women in 1873, in a book called "Two Dutch dolls and a Golliwog".

Was anyone offended that it was "Two Dutch Dolls"?

BlackMagicBabeXx

Reaction score
When did we get so weak?

Golliwogs, seriously.

Something invented, by a women in 1873, in a book called "Two Dutch dolls and a Golliwog".

Was anyone offended that it was "Two Dutch Dolls"?
Exactly mori its pathetic

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Speaking of 'Hate crime', lefties are full of it, they hate their country, they hate Christianity, and they hate being white.
They can't get under the bible's radar..:)-
"To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled" (Titus 1:15)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I see that tavern has had its windows smashed and the word 'racist' daubed over the front... Also CAMRA the Campaign for Real Ale, which is a recognition body for pubs in the UK, has said the venue in question will no longer be considered for any future awards, or inclusion in its annual Good Pub Guide.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I often wonder if these people who push this diatribe actually read any history.
The English were the ones that fought against the slave trade, at so much cost.
Yes for 150-200 years we accepted the norm, which was slavery, which had been around for thousands of years.
Yet is was us (and Denmark who did it first) who decided that actually "Owning" another person was morally wrong.
So the British Empire spent, in todays money, billions of pounds and tens of thousands of lives to eradicate it across the globe.

I do wonder how anyone who wants open borders doesnt get that the modern day slave trade has many more victims than that of Africa to the Americas.
There are more slaves in the world right now than there ever were at the height of the European, or Muslim, or Asian slave markets.

Most of which are women and children sold into sex slavery.
Thats what open borders does, it allows people trafficking on a industrial scale for the cartels which use it as a business model.

Some stats..
Top 10 countries with modern slavery:-
  • India - 7,989,000
  • China - 3,864,000
  • North Korea - 2,640,000
  • Nigeria - 1,386,000
  • Iran - 1,289,000
  • Indonesia - 1,220,000
  • Congo (Democratic Republic of) - 1,045,000
  • Russia - 794,000
  • Philippines - 784,000
  • Afghanistan - 749,000
Taken from World Population Review 2023

There is a much debated view that as many as 50 million people are in some kind of enforced status.
This includes many topics which may or may not be seen, subjectivly as "Slavery".
Such as forced marraige.

Which to me, is akin to sexual slavery, but opinions may differ.

Instead of looking back at what nations have done, including all those who enslaved thier own people then sold them to other nations.
Should we not concentrate on those people who are, right now, living a life in slavery?

So I'm afriad I have no time for racial fragility when millions are suffering much worse than anyone who has the rights and liberty to complain about being "Racially distressed".

Taken from Modern slavery in the UK: March 2020

There were 5,144 modern slavery offences recorded by the police in England and Wales in the year ending March 2019, an increase of 51% from the previous year.
(Bold added by me.)

Anyone think its got better given the increase in illegal immigration?

Yet the police send 5 officers out to steal 10 dolls because someone got "distressed".

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Meanwhile, in the real world, a multicultural society that actually exists here and now in 2023, golliwogs are quite rightly deemed to be offensive by a large portion of people because they are considered to be a grotesque historical caricature of people of colour. A 'minstrelised' symbol, once again appropriated by a modern white supremacist ideology solely because it is a symbol of white superiority and white nationalism.

That grinning smile with gleaming white teeth, the exaggeration of the redness of the lips, and an ingrained imperialism that somehow people of colour should get down on a bendeth knee and thank their white lords and paymasters without a whisper of complaint and with a BIG grin because racism doesn't exist in the UK, because the UK is a racism free utopia... If you want to be fully accepted into British society, fully integrated and one of "us", then grin and bear it, with a BIG grin, get a sense of humour and stop complaining.

What's all the fuss about? It's only humour dontcha know, I mean, the landlord who displays the doll is just an innocent victim guv'nor, dontcha know, caught up in a snowstorm of wokery and snowflakism. Despite being pictured in a Britain First t -shirt and joking on Facebook that "they used to hang them in Mississippi years ago". Whose wife claimed he only wore the t-shirt because 'everything else was in the wash', and because clearly... well we all have t-shirts of white supremacist groups hanging about in the back of the closet don't we.

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Great post! ^^^
He really wore that t-shirt? :eek:
I don't like to be judgemental, and you shouldn't go by appearances, but just looking at the landlord proudly holding a golliwog, we knew what we were dealing with here...

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Lol indeed.

**Britain First

Britain First is a far-right, British fascist political party formed in 2011 by former members of the British National Party. The group was founded by Jim Dowson, an anti-abortion and far-rightcampaigner. The organisation's leader is former BNP councillor Paul Golding.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I would like to hear the opinions of any "minorities" that might use this forum, what do they think? Lets not be outraged on their behalf.
I used the word minorities, because it is difficult to find a description, which doesn't cause offence these days.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Anybody who supports mass immigration is not only a traitor to his/her country, but also a lousy parent because welfare cash, housing and medcare is being diverted to scrounging heathen immigrants.
As usual, Jesus was spot on..:)-

1681827267831.jpeg

BlackMagicBabeXx

Reaction score
Just a little note here ..... but most people of colour are more racist than white British, white {olish, white Russian etc ya get the idea. Its not all on our toes. AND NO IM NOT A RACIST before you say it. I live and let live I dont judge if i like you I like you if I dont I dont doesnt matter what race colour or creed you are.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Meanwhile, in the real world, a multicultural society that actually exists here and now in 2023, golliwogs are quite rightly deemed to be offensive by a large portion of people because they are considered to be a grotesque historical caricature of people of colour. A 'minstrelised' symbol, once again appropriated by a modern white supremacist ideology solely because it is a symbol of white superiority and white nationalism.

That grinning smile with gleaming white teeth, the exaggeration of the redness of the lips, and an ingrained imperialism that somehow people of colour should get down on a bendeth knee and thank their white lords and paymasters without a whisper of complaint and with a BIG grin because racism doesn't exist in the UK, because the UK is a racism free utopia... If you want to be fully accepted into British society, fully integrated and one of "us", then grin and bear it, with a BIG grin, get a sense of humour and stop complaining.

What's all the fuss about? It's only humour dontcha know, I mean, the landlord who displays the doll is just an innocent victim guv'nor, dontcha know, caught up in a snowstorm of wokery and snowflakism. Despite being pictured in a Britain First t -shirt and joking on Facebook that "they used to hang them in Mississippi years ago". Whose wife claimed he only wore the t-shirt because 'everything else was in the wash', and because clearly... well we all have t-shirts of white supremacist groups hanging about in the back of the closet don't we.

Meanwhile, in the real world.
"golliwogs are quite rightly deemed to be offensive by a large portion of people because they are considered to be a grotesque historical caricature of people of colour"
Have you read "The Adventure of Two Dutch Dolls and a 'Golliwogg'"

Where it originated:-
The Adventure of Two Dutch Dolls and a 'Golliwogg'
By Bertha Upton.

Now, if one was to debate the term "Wogs", thats a whole different subject, which has a racial element to be sure.

It is important to differentiate between the meanings and context when words are used historically.

Today words have many different meanings than they did 10, 20, 50 or over 100 years ago.
Just as laws, both internally and externally, have changed.
Just as social norms have changed,
Just as expectations and realisations have changed.

Past beliefs of supremacy are rare these days as we know, scientifically, there is only one "Race", now those who want to claim superiority have to rely on phenotypes which are unreliable at best.

I do love this:-
"an ingrained imperialism that somehow people of colour should get down on a bendeth knee and thank their white lords and paymasters without a whisper of complaint and with a BIG grin because racism doesn't exist in the UK, because the UK is a racism free utopia"

You think one should bend the knee?
To whom?
BLM?
Government?
Royalty?

If one takes the knee to anyone, then you are subserviant.
Just as a man takes the knee to a women to ask him to be her wife, that has an importance that you are willing to accept her as your life.

I would never sully that by taking a knee to anyone unless I loved them.

Anything else is ill meant, or idiotic pandering.

"What's all the fuss about? It's only humour dontcha know, I mean, the landlord who displays the doll is just an innocent victim guv'nor, dontcha know, caught up in a snowstorm of wokery and snowflakism."

No idea, back in the 80's where Britain was coming to terms with the start of serious immigration we just made fun of it.
We all adapted, we played with words, we laughed about it.
Jimmy, I never pronouced his real name properly, was a good mate, we went out for drinks together, we worked on cars together, his family were great, we had a lot of fun.
What difference did it make, we were happy.

He used to watch 80's TV like Steptoe and Sons (re-runs from the 70's) and laugh, we embraced our differences, we just laughed about them.

Now we have to conform to some kind of ideological idea that we are the same.
We were not then, we are not now, but superior?
Thats just silly, culture is accepting people for who they are.
Nationalism is accepting cultures are different, but all worthy of respect.

However, Nationalism is also, not losing what made your culture good enough to accept these different ideas in the first place.

Back