Guests

xxlavenderxx

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Can there possibly be a limit on how many times a guest name can be used before they have to register. They are being used by trolls to attack people and I feel this is getting out of control.
Bullying is getting worse and they are causing havoc in the rooms and not making it comfortable for anyone.

JoJoTia3rd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can there possibly be a limit on how many times a guest name can be used before they have to register. They are being used by trolls to attack people and I feel this is getting out of control.
Bullying is getting worse and they are causing havoc in the rooms and not making it comfortable for anyone.
I totally agree with you :)

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I agree no guests would be better - if you want to chat go to the trouble of registering it only takes 5 minutes. Guest accounts are usually people up to no good.

J

Jared

Four more people complaining. All of them in the 40+ bracket. Well, LondonGuy is only 38, but that's close enough.

What is it with the older people on this site moaning?

J

JustinCredible

Personally I'm not in favour of the guest facility it just encourages mischief making but the core principle of this chat site is 'chat with no sign up' ..so I think it may be here to stay

xxlavenderxx

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Personally I'm not in favour of the guest facility it just encourages mischief making but the core principle of this chat site is 'chat with no sign up' ..so I think it may be here to stay
Have actually been thinking about this and think perhaps a room that only signed up member are only allowed in would work as it would be a benefit for those who can actually be bothered to sign up

Hollie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
As JustinCredible has stated, the core principle of this chat site is 'chat with no sign up'. However the pitfalls
of having guests are numerous, and,any incentive to get them to join is always going to be welcome.
To have one or two rooms (including YaH) that are members only would do this.
Human nature is in the most part, a want or a need to belong, create something they want (rooms they can't
access with out being a member) and the guest chatter will very quickly sign up.
The important thing to remember is, not all Guest chatters are out to cause issue & disturbance in the room

Back