Guests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xxlavenderxx, Jan 19, 2018.

1. xxlavenderxx

xxlavenderxx UKChat Initiate

Can there possibly be a limit on how many times a guest name can be used before they have to register. They are being used by trolls to attack people and I feel this is getting out of control.
    Bullying is getting worse and they are causing havoc in the rooms and not making it comfortable for anyone.

Gwen899, Wojcik, BaconNeggs and 3 others like this.
  2. JoJoTia3rd

JoJoTia3rd Moderator Staff Member

I totally agree with you :)

LondonGuy and xxlavenderxx like this.
  3. Gaspode

Gaspode UKChat Newbie

definately though better still allow no guests......register from the start so the abusers IP address can be banned

Kahlo_81 and xxlavenderxx like this.
  4. hibs

hibs UKChat Newbie

i'm not a fan of guest's i don't see the need for it, to be honest and if anything its the regulars that hide behind guest name's to cause trouble

Wojcik, Kahlo_81 and xxlavenderxx like this.
  5. LondonGuy

LondonGuy Can't Stop! Won't Stop! Complaining!

I agree no guests would be better - if you want to chat go to the trouble of registering it only takes 5 minutes. Guest accounts are usually people up to no good.

Kahlo_81 and xxlavenderxx like this.
  6. Jared

Jared Guest

Four more people complaining. All of them in the 40+ bracket. Well, LondonGuy is only 38, but that's close enough.

What is it with the older people on this site moaning?

7. LondonGuy

LondonGuy Can't Stop! Won't Stop! Complaining!

No one makes you read the thread Jared.

8. JustinCredible

JustinCredible UKChat Familiar

Personally I'm not in favour of the guest facility it just encourages mischief making but the core principle of this chat site is 'chat with no sign up' ..so I think it may be here to stay

Wojcik, BaconNeggs and xxlavenderxx like this.
  9. xxlavenderxx

xxlavenderxx UKChat Initiate

Have actually been thinking about this and think perhaps a room that only signed up member are only allowed in would work as it would be a benefit for those who can actually be bothered to sign up

BaconNeggs and pdwaring like this.
  10. Hollie

Hollie Mod Staff Member

As JustinCredible has stated, the core principle of this chat site is 'chat with no sign up'. However the pitfalls
    of having guests are numerous, and,any incentive to get them to join is always going to be welcome.
    To have one or two rooms (including YaH) that are members only would do this.
    Human nature is in the most part, a want or a need to belong, create something they want (rooms they can't
    access with out being a member) and the guest chatter will very quickly sign up.
    The important thing to remember is, not all Guest chatters are out to cause issue & disturbance in the room