Funny/Strange/weird.!

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
In this sentence I suspect WP was referring to the cat as an 'it'.

Cats are referred to as an 'it' in the english language (as any other animal).

How many of you refer to a cow, pig, horse or any other animal, bird, insect ot fish which doesn't belong to you as a 'she' or 'he'?

Very few, I suspect.

It's the emotional attachment which changes an 'it' into a 'she' or 'he' .

However I'm not 100% sure that 'something' is grammatically correct in that context.

From the web:​

Definition of something as a pronoun:

1b: some indeterminate amount more than a specified number, used in combination

2: a person or thing of consequence

3 : one having more or less the character, qualities, or nature of something different

something else
: something or someone special or extraordinary

Definition of something as an adverb:

1: in some degree : SOMEWHAT
2: used as an intensive giving adverbial force to an adjective
Why you are engaging in SOMETHING that I was reluctant to qualify in the first place worries me.
You really should read the thread in full, otherwise you miss out on what preceded. When you are attempting semantics with me you are assuredly on to a loser. I think before I type. Sadly, it would appear that you don't. 'From the Web' ... undoubtedly your infallible source.
The upshot of the 'argument' is that a cat IS NOT HUMAN, regardless of how many cartoon depictions make you believe that it is.
Because a cat IS a thing it can be referred to as some thing.
However, the same CANNOT be applied to humans.
I see that you have failed to delete your account. I won't be the only one amused by your failure to do so.
Oh, and don't tell me; you own a 'fucking' cat! Next ineffectual interloper, please ....
:rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Ahhh ... dead and buried topics - don't you just love 'em - I'll be unearthing and resuscitating a few myself, in the coming days :)
Perhaps you can get qmangjmc and hell2bwith76 to exchange their search results with you. They are the established experts here.
I somehow doubt that your posts will breathe any new life into those that we hope will rest in peace.
My bet is that you are either banned or reluctant to go into chat rooms for fear of making yourself look foolish on more than one UK Chat platform.
:cool:

O

Omega

Perhaps you can get qmangjmc and hell2bwith76 to exchange their search results with you. They are the established experts here.
I somehow doubt that your posts will breathe any new life into those that we hope will rest in peace.
My bet is that you are either banned or reluctant to go into chat rooms for fear of making yourself look foolish on more than one UK Chat platform.
:cool:
I'm not looking to breathe life into anything tbh - I'm only here to question things.
I know it's not your thing, as you seem to believe you're some sort of superior being/deity.
Please bear with us common mortals.

I've used very few chat rooms in my entire life (4 at the most), I actually have a real life besides the internet.

Banned only from one room, due to speaking my mind (as I'm doing here).

What I did realise though is that you get exactly the same type of characters in them all and possibly the same people .

I can even categorise the sort of people/personas who use them, if you wish.

I won't tell you what category I've placed you in, as I'm sure you already know :cool:

Btw, I see you swore in your other post to me .

I usually tend to ignore those who swear.

Waste of ink, breath and space.

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I'm not looking to breathe life into anything tbh - I'm only here to question things.
I know it's not your thing, as you seem to believe you're some sort of superior being/deity.

I've used very few chat rooms in my entire life (4 at the most), I actually have a real life besides the internet.

What I did realise though is that you get exactly the same type of characters in them all and possibly the same people .

I won't tell you what category I've placed you in, as I'm sure you already know :cool:

In future, I'll be more than happy for you to ignore me. You appear to be the sort of person from whom I derive little or no satisfaction regarding your input to the Forum. You have to resort to digging up 'old topics' because you cannot originate your own. This is becoming a trend now.
As I intimated a short while ago, I gathered that you are the type of chatter who lacks the spontaneity required to be effective in the chat rooms.
And finally, yes, like many others, I do look upon cats as things. Things that are a nuisance and of no importance in my life.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

Question things....Hmm. have You ever questioned Your own Mind?...

You have way too much time on your hands. Wasted time.

O

Omega

In future, I'll be more than happy for you to ignore me. You appear to be the sort of person from whom I derive little or no satisfaction regarding your input to the Forum. You have to resort to digging up 'old topics' because you cannot originate your own. This is becoming a trend now.
As I intimated a short while ago, I gathered that you are the type of chatter who lacks the spontaneity required to be effective in the chat rooms.
And finally, yes, like many others, I do look upon cats as things. Things that are a nuisance and of no importance in my life.
I'm on a mission, mate.

When I read posts like yours I actually wonder who or what I'm interacting with and why the negativity towards cats (or anything else they are negative towards without reason) .

Is it lack of emotional intelligence ?
Did you grow up in a family, in which animals were frowned upon ?
Do you just get satisfaction from inanimate objects - the more expensive, the better in order to compensate for something you lack?

So basically you're saying that you don't want me to dig up topics and comment on what someone says...
All you want is for me to express an opinion on what the topic is about.

That is just adding a point of view with no discussion.
Aren't forum topics for discussion?

How stupid is that and where is the interaction with other chatters in that?

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I'm on a mission, mate.

When I read posts like yours I actually wonder who or what I'm interacting with and why the negativity towards cats (or anything else they are negative towards without reason) .

The irony of Blossom parodying herself.

Exactly what is an "Asian IFO" Blossom?

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I'm on a mission, mate.

Is it lack of emotional intelligence ?
Did you grow up in a family, in which animals were frowned upon ?
Do you just get satisfaction from inanimate objects - the more expensive, the better in order to compensate for something you lack?

So basically you're saying that you don't want me to dig up topics and comment on what someone says...
All you want is for me to express an opinion on what the topic is about.

That is just adding a point of view with no discussion.
Aren't forum topics for discussion?

How stupid is that and where is the interaction with other chatters in that?
So, you're on a 'mission', eh? Mission impossible by the look of things.
I do wonder if you ever had lessons in sentence construction because judging from the way you type, I'd say that it is very unlikely.
I've finished talking about cats. Some of us do move on. I noticed that you find that extremely difficult to do so yourself, however.
If you're that fond of cats, I suggest you visit the 40-50's chat room between 8.00. am and 10.00. am. daily. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Predictably, you have not initiated a new thread of your own invention.
I rest my case.

P.S. Might I suggest that you don't embarrass yourself with your facile, pseudo-psychology in future.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Tuts @ you criticising my sentence construction & my "facile pseudo psychology".

This isn't about 'cat chat', it's about you considering them a 'nuisance'.
You're obviously allowed an opinion, but since you place that opinion on a message board and people read it, expect it to be challenged.
That doesn't mean you have to justify your disliking of cats, but nonetheless expect it to be challenged, given the fact this forum is of public domain.

No, I haven't as of yet started (initiated for the pompous) a thread of my own, I'm enjoying digging up old threads and challenging people's points of view.

As I said, I'm on a mission, mate.
I am beginning to yawn very widely at your utterly trivial and pathetic postulations.
And yet you still HAVE NOT initiated a thread. Your 'mission' has no beginning and it is certainly already ended!
I do hereby rest my case!
Next 'mission'-seeker, please ....

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
That should have been : That's rich coming from you.

I suspect you know what that means, unless you're a BOT.
I'm no Bot and i know what it means...it still doesn't make sense.! What does 'Rich'...have to do with anything apart from your own limited vocabulary and the actual meaning of words strung together?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether you're trolling me or not as I don't know you well enough, plus there aren't any facial expressions here to go by.

Do you drink alcohol whilst posting on these threads?

Just asking as your attitude varies a lot, sometimes it's downright nasty.

It does make sense.

Rich (or funny) was me being ironic in reference to what you typed.

Quoted by you:

Question things....Hmm. have You ever questioned Your own Mind?...

I replied:

That's funny (or rich) coming from you.

In reference to you admitting to being a bit nuts in another post of yours (those weren't your exact words, but the meaning was more or less that, from what I gathered).
You don't know me. Lets just leave it at that.

Unless you want an all out war with me?.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I was simply giving you an explanation to your query and expressing an opinion on your attitude.

What is your problem?

If you're incapable of having a dialogue without asking me if I want an all out war with you, you definitely have some sort of issue.

No thanks. Next ...
Oh I have Issues... Folks here know all about me.

I don't have any problems though... It's you that has.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I know this subject is ancient but with reference to people and animals ,i`d like to first point out that people ARE animals too! Look it up if you think i`m wrong.
My neighbours have bought a Dog. A gorgeous little Cocker Spaniel puppy We met them coming out of their house and the woman was carrying the Pup closely to herself ,quite normal ., like a baby. We made a fuss of the Pup asked name etc and then committed the deadly sin ! Talking to the Pup ( as people who are Human do ) my wife said " awww ,you like being carried by Mom".
Instantly ,with much indignation ,the neighbour said " I`m not his Mother ! he`s a Dog !" . Some people are even less than animals .( my opinion).

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I know this subject is ancient but with reference to people and animals ,i`d like to first point out that people ARE animals too! Look it up if you think i`m wrong.
My neighbours have bought a Dog. A gorgeous little Cocker Spaniel puppy We met them coming out of their house and the woman was carrying the Pup closely to herself ,quite normal ., like a baby. We made a fuss of the Pup asked name etc and then committed the deadly sin ! Talking to the Pup ( as people who are Human do ) my wife said " awww ,you like being carried by Mom".
Instantly ,with much indignation ,the neighbour said " I`m not his Mother ! he`s a Dog !" . Some people are even less than animals .( my opinion).
I might be stating 'the bleedin' obvious' here BUT what anyone types in the Forum is their opinion, unless, of course, they are commenting by proxy.
P.S. I think, at this point in time, you are beating Omega in 'reviving old threads'.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I might be stating 'the bleedin' obvious' here BUT what anyone types in the Forum is their opinion, unless, of course, they are commenting by proxy.
P.S. I think, at this point in time, you are beating Omega in 'reviving old threads'.
Some of the older topics are much more interesting than the latest ones eh ?:)

Back