Fair appraisal of yah moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machiavellian

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
ARE we criminals if the judge us and will they lock us up :(
words live up to your name and use a dictionary and if you use your dictaphone then stop, use your finger like everyone else

Machiavellian

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
You forgot the mod BHGusa
Also, I enjoy Pinkwave and find her a very pleasant participant in YAH. I believe the sheriff badge is tongue-in-cheeky and not to be taken seriously like she is taking herself seriously as a mod--I dont get that impression at all.
he needs forgetting pml and the sheriffs badge has been removed, nuff said?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Machiavellians insightful and funny thread taken over by a bunch of idiotic nobodies taking bollocks about bugger all. Every bloody thread on the forum is the same. Rampant, trite tripe, being typed by those that have the I.Q of a well smoked fish finger.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Machiavellians insightful and funny thread taken over by a bunch of idiotic nobodies taking bollocks about bugger all. Every bloody thread on the forum is the same. Rampant, trite tripe, being typed by those that have the I.Q of a well smoked fish finger.
what forums all about

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Machiavellians and Twowhalesinapooi think you both need to get out more and get a life

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hollie - Fair and consistent, means well and has the best interests of YAH at heart

lavender - A decent mod, has her favourites but who wouldnt?

dave - ok but hardly ever in the room, so whats the point?

JoJo - never online has 'laptop problems' make of that what you will

Silky - a waste of space at one time but is now starting to show some pluck

Pinkwave - aka 2 stars or big star, has a sheriffs badge as a profile pic, being made a mod went to her head - nuff said

janhen/Blomytrumpet - both lasted 5 mins, nothing else needs to added

Connie - where do you start? if ever a book is written about UKchat whole chapters will be devoted her, eventually was found out and demoted, a lifetime ban from the site would have been more better

Paula - a cohort of Connie, the first of her friends to be made a mod, the first of a few Connie undoubtably had in mind, Helen was next in line to get the Connie recomendation to be made a mod - demoted and rightly so

I think we have to see and point out the bigger picture here. Mods are people who take time out of their lives, by choice, without pay to do so, to moderate the chat rooms so that we can all enjoy a safer and fairer chat. Granted, not every decision made, will be the right one. But let's not forget that Mods are people, and people make genuine mistakes. There have been instances where Mods have owned up to their mistakes and apologised.
And lets not take ignore the fact that you have a right to express your view, or criticise freely on these forums. That is what the forums are meant for in that regard. But criticism goes both ways. And i think where i see the criticism towards your post is where you go a bit personal and question the integrity of someone. As you've named and listed the Mods, you've pointed out JoJo, who i have had the pleasure of conversing with, and i think she is a decent and honest person. I think It's unfair to question anyone's integrity, especially if you don't know them personally. So i thought that was an unfair bit of criticism towards a good Mod to question their moral principles. And she's not even here to defend her integrity being questioned.
Now personally, i haven't had any issues with Mods because I've done my absolute best to follow the rules of chat. And I'm not perfect either. I may have let the odd banned word let slip in YAH, and was reprimanded with a warning and a reason why i was kicked. I think that was fair.
I can't go by anyone else's experience, as other will have different experience with Mods than i have had, but i can only go by what is presented to me here, and try to fair and unbiased in my opinion.

Last edited:

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

My only annoyance is when people go off topic and spam the forum posts with nothing related to the subject at hand. But i have no problem in someone having a different opinion to mine as long as It's not done in a condescending and patronising way.

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have to say pretty much every forum here is hijacked by the same old what some might say is banter but can be annoying and distracting to the flow.

As for a crew it is usually the same 2 or 3 people.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have to say pretty much every forum here is hijacked by the same old what some might say is banter but can be annoying and distracting to the flow.

As for a crew it is usually the same 2 or 3 people.
He means me as normal i likes to verrrrr off now and again

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Sorry I disagree why should a topic suddenly become like a 1970s carry on film with childish sexual replies.

I would understand if in a general forum where anything is discussed but it's pretty much every topic.
see kneew he was knocking at me i never use sexual replies me mom never taught me about sex at all...

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
ah i ignore the sad ones,,best way,,,there is always one moaner! btw hello luv x
Sad because I would rather read about the topic being discussed.... OK Doris anything you say dear.....

One moaner? funny as I replied after others but you pick out my post as per normal lol - same old same old

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
He means me as normal i likes to verrrrr off now and again
Eremmm easy on the paranoid

I was talking about several people who taking topics off topic!!! Funny you both winge about me but don't say anything about the other replies which were similar to what I said! hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back