F1 ......

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Poco_Loco, Jul 28, 2019.

1. LadyOnArooftop

LadyOnArooftop UKChat Expert

It's not easy for me to get online of an evening, doubly difficult on Valentines day' night. However, I was 'allocated' an hour. :rolleyes: Logged on for the scheduled start at 7.30 . . . the race didn't start till 8.10! then after a 3 laps they were under caution, someone hit the wall, an old man who shouldn't have been in the race according to the comments box, I wouldn't know about that. Then that huge pile up, how lucky was Kyle Larson avoiding that smash? That was him in the black car following the red and yellow one through the carnage, wasn't it? But like many of those racers, that was also the end of my race. :(

Poco_Loco likes this.
  2. Poco_Loco

Poco_Loco ✪ Moderator Staff Member

Yes that was Jeremy Mayfield , he's an Ex-Racer and now commentator , they always have a Car for an ex racer to compete in although it never ends well lol .

"I was allocated an hour" really made me laugh hahaaa,

The start time on these things is very hit and miss and deffo with this race they like all the pre race Hype !!

After Jeremy had his scrape with the wall on lap 3 there was then a 16 car pile up on lap 15 , which was then followed by a 4.5 hour rain delay ,

Yes Larson did manage to avoid most of the carnage and did get home to a solid 4th place (Actually a good effort all considering) ,

I was in the comments box and i typed to them ,

" At least it's not Danica Patrick " in the car ;)

He got the Car to the front in stage 2 , he's never really liked Daytona , he doesn't like "Restrictor Plate" races where the car is always flat out , he prefers a car that's controlled by the throttle through the corners , this is an Aero Draught track.

Have a decent week :)

20210215_035302.jpg

LadyOnArooftop likes this.
  3. Poco_Loco

I have just learned that Nascar in their wisdom :rolleyes: have credited Larson with 10th ,

They went back to the Yellow flag caution moment to give Mcdowell th win so i'm unsure why as Larson was 4th at that point ,

You can see he avoids the wreck but does hit another car and slam the wall before the line ,

See what you think ?

4. Poco_Loco

I watched it again and Larson appears to be in 5th or 6th , so i dunno where 10th comes from !!

5. LadyOnArooftop

LadyOnArooftop UKChat Expert

It looked like Larson was in 6th place when the cars in front crashed, then he went on to hit the wall. So yeah, I don't know where 10th came from. But did I hear that right, the winner never actually ever led the race? He was in 3rd, then contributed to taking out the two cars in front of him, is he a worthy winner? o_O
    On the victory lap I thought he'd got stuck on the grass after spinning his wheels, then when I saw all the smoke enveloping the car, even inside it, I thought he'd set his tyres on fire! You can tell I'm not well informed on the intricacies of Daytona, but simply watch it for the spectacular showpiece it is. :cool:

Poco_Loco likes this.
  6. Poco_Loco

Yeah he has never won anything in his 13 year career ,

He fully deserves it though , you gotta be in it to win it ,

You only need to lead the last lap Right :)

The smoke in the car is from the burning rubber from the burnout they all do to celebrate , They also send the water temps through the roof so steam is also flying out of every orifice !!

The motors are junked after the race so they don't care lol ,

It was a decent race marred by the totally not needed wreck on lap 15 sending 16 cars out of the race ,

It's Daytona road course this week but the week after is when i will know if Larson is on it ,

Miami , homestead is the weekend after next and here is where his true skill will shine cause nobody and i mean nobody can ride close up to the wall like he does,

:)

LadyOnArooftop likes this.
  7. bhgxusa0123

bhgxusa0123 Mod Staff Member

I haven't been to homestead in years I might just go there for a more recent looksie, my sis isn't too far from there.

Poco_Loco likes this.