Does anyone else not use the Forums as much because of...

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I know i have been guilty of this, i think, i can't remember now i am too old and i made a thread about it and suggested ways to stop it.

I don't think the 'authorities' are that bothered about it, it seems, and have been told that it is only one or two people that complain about threads

being ruined.

It does need to stop, the question is how?

I suggested better moderation or give the author of the thread the ability to delete posts that do

not fit the criteria of the given subject.

Any other ideas?

PS: I stopped waving my willy years ago.

I have already told you this can not happen and gave you plenty of reasons why ,

The "Authorities" as you put it do care , it's an open Forum with freedom of Speech , Impartiality is very important ,

Rolling out blanket MOD controls to every user is not the answer ever,

Obviously.

M

Markie

I have already told you this can not happen and gave you plenty of reasons why ,

The "Authorities" as you put it do care , it's an open Forum with freedom of Speech , Impartiality is very important ,

Rolling out blanket MOD controls to every user is not the answer ever,

Obviously.
Freedom of speech is fine and good, but when it descends into slagging each other off and going off topic then i don't see why the Author of the thread cannot have the use of a delete button in the thread options, they have a delete thread option, maybe that should be taken away as well?

The only reason you gave, that i can remember, is that it would cause chaos, even though you stated the option to delete inappropriate messages has never been used before.

So you don't really know it would.

You also said only one or two people complain about the state of things, obviously lots of people are sick and tired of it.

P

Percy666

The people who complain about threads going " off topic" are the ones who do it the most themselves displaying again the utmost hypocrisy.. we have pages of knock knock jokes from people on the covid thread talking here about people ruining threads going off topic. The audacity of these hypocrites is always a wonder to behold

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Freedom of speech is fine and good, but when it descends into slagging each other off and going off topic then i don't see why the Author of the thread cannot have the use of a delete button in the thread options, they have a delete thread option, maybe that should be taken away as well?

The only reason you gave, that i can remember, is that it would cause chaos, even though you stated the option to delete inappropriate messages has never been used before.

So you don't really know it would.

You also said only one or two people complain about the state of things, obviously lots of people are sick and tired of it.

Well we have had this conversation dude and i wish not to go over it ,

Re-visit the thread we discussed it on,

It so smacking in the face obvious why these controls couldn't be issued to every Op.

People would be starting threads just to act up ,

Opinions of the person who started the thread would effect their Moderation of it ,

So many reasons, It isn't even sensible to suggest it :)

Ps - I didn't say this --> You also said only one or two people complain about the state of things, obviously lots of people are sick and tired of it.

It's important you quote me correctly.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, i quoted you, does that not seem to infer only a few are complaining, or have i got it wrong?
Apologies in advance as i am busy x

"" You also said only one or two people complain about the state of things, obviously lots of people are sick and tired of it. ""

What you are showing me is that we had a little joke about it , but i didn't say that ^^^

Stick a Squirrel tail on the Moped and go out in the Sunshine :)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
How do i get my querie answered by a responsible Admin or Mod in here? I asked on another thread "why i have lost the "like " facility which is obviously not a Forum problem as i can read the "likes " and names on other threads right up to this time! Any replies would be welcome .
Plus how come the Vaccine thread has been closed after my name had been mentioned derogatorily ,yet when had threads on here they were "deleted " not just "closed "??.

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
How do i get my querie answered by a responsible Admin or Mod in here? I asked on another thread "why i have lost the "like " facility which is obviously not a Forum problem as i can read the "likes " and names on other threads right up to this time! Any replies would be welcome .
Plus how come the Vaccine thread has been closed after my name had been mentioned derogatorily ,yet when had threads on here they were "deleted " not just "closed "??.
Have you actually asked an admin about your like feature?
Or you just like a moan?

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
You should now be able to like posts. If you can’t, let me know. In future, just message an admin. We aren’t robots, we need telling when somethings wrong

B

Bad_Influence

I think we should have a dislike button to voice our disapproval as well

I believe we have already been told a dislike button won’t happen because it would be misused. And I’m sure it would. Lol

OllieOctpus3

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
lol i see the arguing is still going on in rooms i will stay here in forums with my cappucino and a slice of cake lol images (22).jpg images (24).jpg images (15).jpg lolol

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I think we should have a dislike button to voice our disapproval as well

Careful what you wish for as i think you'd have more than 50 ;)

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
You should now be able to like posts. If you can’t, let me know. In future, just message an admin. We aren’t robots, we need telling when somethings wrong

He thinks your psychic lol

Back