Does anyone else not use the Forums as much because of...

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst sipping coffee and trying to wake up before work. I browsed the forums a little more than I normally would.

I discovered on almost every post, 4 maybe 5 chatters use each to just try get one up on each other.
It's ruined some decent posts and I stop reading said threads when it starts and it makes me abandon my own.
I mention this because I was questioned on why I abandoned my threads, and was asked my thoughts on how to get new blood onto the forums.

Maybe if said chatters stopped waving their willies at each other to try gain 'status' ? and stopped making every thread about them, more would use it.

Just my observation of course.

Last edited:
Y

yaris

I too am sipping my coffee tho in bed lol.."forum wars" as I see it has been going on for months, many a time I have joined a thread and have watched it head "south" with all the vitriol, venom and hatred that is typed by a few on here, I do think they realise that they spoil it for many but they just wont stop...watch this go the same way!..enjoy your coffee!.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
I too am sipping my coffee tho in bed lol.."forum wars" as I see it has been going on for months, many a time I have joined a thread and have watched it head "south" with all the vitriol, venom and hatred that is typed by a few on here, I do think they realise that they spoil it for many but they just wont stop...watch this go the same way!..enjoy your coffee!.
Indeed, same 'chatters' and same argument. Over and over. Perhaps they should create one thread to do all that on and let the other threads thrive a little. Enjoy your coffee x

Manorgasmian

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You could try waving some very large pinking shears about ?

Fiona

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I’m so glad you have brought this up and thank you.
I’ve been a member since the beginning and have recently enjoyed contributing to the forums, but after a few posts where it’s started out nicely it then descends into chaos with the same old names beating their chests and posturing and name calling.
I was enjoying the vaccine one for the first two pages, then I got called a “moron” for having an opposing view.

Now it’s just 3 or 4 names raging at each other. Quite laughable.
I wish they’d ban certain names that have a history of disruption just like in the rooms and give us all some peace but that won’t happen.

W

Wren

There's a word for it - "Oneupmanship'. It wouldn't be so bad if the put-downs to get one-up were done in an amusing way, and brought humour to the forum. :(

Put downs ...one-ups..

Is goose poo that offensive and could it be used in forums?

Brass

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh I agree wholeheartedly! If there's something to settle, do it in the debate forum; that's what it's for.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well said Shak. Willy Waver Wars oneupmanship needs to be called out.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Whilst sipping coffee and trying to wake up before work. I browsed the forums a little more than I normally would.

I discovered on almost every post, 4 maybe 5 chatters use each to just try get one up on each other.
It's ruined some decent posts and I stop reading said threads when it starts and it makes me abandon my own.
I mention this because I was questioned on why I abandoned my threads, and was asked my thoughts on how to get new blood onto the forums.

Maybe if said chatters stopped waving their willies at each other to try gain 'status' ? and stopped making every thread about them, more would use it.

Just my observation of course.

I have mentioned this issue a few times in several posts, along with the habit of people misusing the threads as a chat room alternative.
Unfortunately, you will always get some people who neither contribute anything constructive or relevant to the threads. It is, quite simply, misuse/abuse of the purpose of the Forum.
I don't think people look for 'status' in the Forum though, not when you consider that a 'Chat Expert' is often the complete opposite.
By the way, what is the term, (equality applied), for one woman 'trying to get one up on other woman'? .... oneupwomanship? Sounds a bit rude though.

M

Markie

I know i have been guilty of this, i think, i can't remember now i am too old and i made a thread about it and suggested ways to stop it.

I don't think the 'authorities' are that bothered about it, it seems, and have been told that it is only one or two people that complain about threads

being ruined.

It does need to stop, the question is how?

I suggested better moderation or give the author of the thread the ability to delete posts that do

not fit the criteria of the given subject.

Any other ideas?

PS: I stopped waving my willy years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Any other ideas?

Yes, I have. Do you know how to compose a post without leaving so much space between your sentences? The misuse of paragraphs is another particular bugbear in the Forum.
Isn't this the right place to air your views outside of the chat rooms?

:)

Back