Do you believe in love at first sight?

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Just out of pure interest, do you believe in love at first sight? or do you feel it takes time to fall in love? do you think you can know someone is the one immediately?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Oh I say 3 months get to know someone .. hang about i ask man of house when he knew was me he wanted.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
5mins for me megs lol

i feel your attracted to certain people dont know about love lust maybe

B

Bad_Influence

Love is a myth. Don’t fall for the propaganda forced upon us by Hallmark and Moonpig. Love is what we tell ourselves is real to justify having someone to blame for our failings. :D

Love for our kids (and I guess for family sometimes) is the only real love.

So I guess the answer to the question is a definite NO. Lol

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
I knew someone for like 5/6 months met up and he was so different so nope still on the fence

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I do not believe in Love at First Sight, however, I do believe in attraction at first sight. But there are two types of attraction, one is 'I want you now!' and the other is 'I want to get to know you'. Either could be doomed to failure but if you are lucky either can lead to a relationship which can develop into mutual affection but love? No, I do not believe it exists bar what you feel for family and children.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
No, I do not.
As someone else has already stated, it is more likely to be lust (aka primal attraction).
Next question, please ....

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I do not believe in Love at First Sight, however, I do believe in attraction at first sight. But there are two types of attraction, one is 'I want you now!' and the other is 'I want to get to know you'. Either could be doomed to failure but if you are lucky either can lead to a relationship which can develop into mutual affection but love? No, I do not believe it exists bar what you feel for family and children.
Given the fact that one generally loves their parents and children then i assume that this "love" you mention is for another member of the human race ?. If so can you give a clearer explanation of what you mean by" "mutual affection" ? Surely that is a sort of love ?.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Given the fact that one generally loves their parents and children then i assume that this "love" you mention is for another member of the human race ?. If so can you give a clearer explanation of what you mean by" "mutual affection" ? Surely that is a sort of love ?.
I suppose mutual affection is a type of love, but this is something that is developed over time but not at first sight, that would be just attraction. Personally a shared affection is to develop a sense of loyalty, a certain amount of protection, enjoyment of each others company and respect for one another. I would say it is a deep friendship with added benefits! :)

Back