• Total voters

Tubs

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I do. God watches everythin and He knows your heart

wqCatchyWitty

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I can't help but think that if you were to throw all religions individual traits into a big pot, it would annihilate and form a golden ball of quantum wool, perfect for making a 2020 indecisiveness jumper, but then, I'm not sure now. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Oh I might delete that excess.
Basically, I don't believe in the religions' top Doggod. The universe, dough, is a different matter.

SJ79

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Absolutely. Nothing can't explode and create everything. Creation and our world proves there is a God in my opinion.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely. Nothing can't explode and create everything. Creation and our world proves there is a God in my opinion.

No it does not prove anything of the sort ,

It proves that you want to answer unanswerable questions with Myths.

And it's comforting to say as people fear the unknown.

SJ79

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I would counter that with...how does nothing explode then create everything? :) Nobody has any idea. The fact we are here in my opinion proves there is a God, but I'm not going to get into a slanging match over it. Cheers.

B

Bad_Influence

I would counter that with...how does nothing explode then create everything? :) Nobody has any idea. The fact we are here in my opinion proves there is a God, but I'm not going to get into a slanging match over it. Cheers.

Scientists create matter from nothing every day now. There’s no scientific evidence of a creator but plenty of evidence that science can produce the universe.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

Even prominent atheists are not completely prepared to rule out the existence of a 'greater power' or 'Creator' because either way it is not provable.
But it is only because it is unprovable that they concede the extremely remote probability. No other reason.

Unfortunately, if you DO believe there is a 'Creator' you still have to ask the question: who created the 'Creator', and so on.
It is a dilemma that Mankind will never be able to resolve; unless 'God' actually puts in an appearance; then it will be pretty much conclusive.
Fingers crossed that it will be soon.

manderson27

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
The only people who will prove or disprove that God exists are the scientists. Because they are the only people actually looking at creation and how it began. Just believing something exists does not make it real. Until there is empirical evidence that a supreme being exists and that he/she created the universe then I will listen to the scientists.

Just the fact that the most religious of people are often the most cruel and do the most awful things in the name of their religion makes me believe that God is a construct designed by humans to excuse their own inhumanity.

We do not need to believe in a supreme being to act in humane and caring ways. We are already far too divided and religious divisions just make everything worse in my opinion.

TattyBear

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
People who believe God created the universe, as opposed to the Big Bang creating the universe, do so because the human brain is unable to rationalise the creation of something from nothing. It's illogical. Even black nothingness must have some sort of form. In the human brain, something must always exist.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I believe in being kind, genuine, and positive ..... that is all

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind (to quote Dr Seuss). :)

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The only people who will prove or disprove that God exists are the scientists. Because they are the only people actually looking at creation and how it began. Just believing something exists does not make it real. Until there is empirical evidence that a supreme being exists and that he/she created the universe then I will listen to the scientists.

We all have a fifty-fifty certainty that we may find god!

Just the fact that the most religious of people are often the most cruel and do the most awful things in the name of their religion makes me believe that God is a construct designed by humans to excuse their own inhumanity.

We do not need to believe in a supreme being to act in humane and caring ways. We are already far too divided and religious divisions just make everything worse in my opinion.

post-futurist

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
No, but I do like most of what is written in the Bible. People think the bible is all about throwing homosexuals in pits and blaming women for talking to snakes, but most of it is really good sensible advice for anyone looking for moral guidance.
including god's commands to Joshua, to kill everyone, man woman and child, in the cities of the plains?

B

Bad_Influence

The people who run places of worship tell you to believe in the existence of God (or whatever other deity they believe in), yet if you start roaming the streets, telling people that you have actually seen and spoken to one of these 'Deities' there's a chance you'll end up being sectioned and put on some very strong medication :D

Would the people who run these places of worship actually turn up at the asylum (having known of the sectioning of said person), asking for him/her to be released, on the premise that he/she has actually witnessed the existence of God' ? :confused:

For a small “donation” I’m sure they would try. :D

MrPaperclip

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I believe in something beautiful, it's life after death.

When I die my soul will not transfer and I will not grow wings and sore like an eagle however I do believe I'll become food for the world around me and just like a plant or animal has sustained my life it will be my turn to sustain another's.

Even when I become dust in the cosmic winds those winds will transport matter that once was apart of me to a place where it will now have the privileged option of becoming something else as is such the circle of life.

I could be wrong.... But if i'm right I believe this will be beautiful

EnglishLearner

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Yes I do ..
And I have my own scientific views and philosophic questions..
faith is more important than law and you can realise that so easily.
See what can a human being do where there is no laws. Faith and god discipline our behaviour.

P

Percy666

For those that imply God has to exist due to cause and effect ( something can't come from nothing) then it's an extremely weak argument based more on Newtonian physics than Quantum physics which is more widely adopted in explaining natural phenomena. There doesn't have to be a reason for everything or a " cause" which was quite well explained in Dawkins book entitled the God delusion where he asks- is it more likely the universe occurred with no God for reasons our limited brains can't comprehend or..... A " God" decided to create billions of unoccupied planets , waited millions of years to create mankind just sitting around presumably after the earths formation twiddling his thumbs until the star ( our sun) becomes a red giant engulfing the earth and all life on it. There is no evidence of God, it's irrational to believe in something which is essentially an emotional crutch used to lessen the fear of death primarily from the elderly which by amazing coincidence make up the demographic of most churches disproportionally to other age groups

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
he bless me everyday (i rarely get sick, never been injured, etc) and helped me survive a list of dangerous situations without a scratch . . . . . i couldnt say he dont exist because he been good to me

What about good fortune?...Is that GOD's intervention to?... Im MY book, if you are good, good will come to you. it's never failed in MY life...Nothing to do with any God's. Just MY good work.

Back