• yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • no

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

sheriJH

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
nthing to do with who believes in god is it but like i said if was a person he wont let us suffer.
well I guess 'GOD' is an it not a he or she and as we inflict pain so we suffer pain. Nothin to do with any god.
g

Reaction score
Think people misunderstand what faith and belief mean. Think back before the days of health and safety when your day at work may be your last and imagine how lucky you feel when you survive something that others didn't. You'd always find a chapel near a mine. You went to church or chapel to pray for your life and give thanks for your protection. Life is different today, today we don't have much need for God, unless you still happen to believe in luck.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
...... and he said suffer little children unto me.... Gods word, its in the bible.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Life is what you make it ,
why make children suffer?
I rather like to think i have to believe in my own faith not a book that was written to masses in check!!!!!.

B

badly

...... and he said suffer little children unto me.... Gods word, its in the bible.
God is saying here that children are innocent and will be in heaven.God has an age of accountability.Theologians agree it appears to be around 13-14.

B

badly

As to why would any God allow people to suffer.
Man rebelled against God.The earth has been under God's curse ever since.
Before that there was no suffering,no scarey animals trying to eat you,no stinging insects,no nettles.
Death entered the world after mans rebellion so every living thing before that was vegetarian.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have no belief in any supernatural beings or sky fa(k)eries, but, if that is your want and need, go for it. Just don't harm anyone because of your religious agenda. And, I do not trust people who say they know what their god wants them/or anyone else to do because that 'doing' always seems to match their own desires.

The god of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

- Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion (2006), p. 31

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Each to their own i say now

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
The law of gravity describes the relation between bodies. Those bodies already exist. This law creates nothing.

Correct. But BEFORE the Big Bang (Theory) those bodies did not exist. But Nothing (Something) existed...( Nothing is actually something.)!

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I heard that lecture and read Krauss's book "a universe from nothing" about four years ago. In essence, Krauss argues that the universe could come from nothing, which he defines as a quantum vacuum. He believes this undermines the need for a Creator. In response to Krauss: First, a quantum vacuum is not nothing. The nothing of Krauss has a number of properties. Indeed, Krauss himself concedes this. He writes: "It would be disingenuous to suggest that empty space, endowed with energy, which drives inflation, is really nothing. In this picture one must assume that space exists and can store energy, and one uses the laws of physics like general relativity to calculate the consequences." I believe Parmenides may have been right. Absolute nothing may be impossible to conceive or express. This is my sense of nothing. I reject Krauss's notion that science dictates what words mean.

Second, Krauss suggests how the universe could have arisen. He offers a hypothesis, which I have no more reason to believe than the fundamental postulate of string theory, that everything is composed of infinitesimal strings, which vibrate at different frequencies in 10 dimensions.

Finally, even if Krauss had explained where the visible universe came from, he has still not answered Parmenides's principle of sufficient reason (PSR). If the macroscale demands explanation, why not the quantum vacuum? This is comparable to attempts of atheist physicists like Victor Stenger to explain fine-tuned phenomena. In his book The Fallacy of Fine-tuning, Stenger used inflation to explain the improbable isotropy of the cosmic microwave background (CMB). However, the parameters of inflation are just as improbable as this initial state of the universe. Thus inflation fails to resolve what he sought to explain. The same problem just shifts to inflation. And even if inflation is true (physicists and cosmologists express grave doubts about this theory), the question then becomes: why does inflation give rise to this improbable isotropy of the CMB? Likewise, Krauss's hypothesis of a quantum vacuum just drives the PSR a step back. One could still ask Krauss: where did the quantum vacuum come from? I think Jude99 is ultimately right. We still need a deeper explanation. And whilst empiricists rest with appearances, others view these as shadows of reality.

Very good. I enjoyed reading this reply.

I'm not going to answer each paragraph. But to sum up... whatever the Deeper explanation is?...I agree more Science is needed, we just haven't had Science for long enough.....100 years of Science is never going to be enough to understand how DNA (RNA) came about.

Let alone how the Universe came about.

But there is Absolutely no need to invoke a Supernatural explanation.

Science will find the Answers given time.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
why would a GOD any God let people suffer?.

Often said.

If you read the scriptures and decipher them in a certain way, GOD had given you (Humans) Free will to do as you please.

'Free will'...Hmm..Think about that. World wars, mass killings, famine...

Yeah. What sick GOD would allow that?..

Only an imaginary one...;)

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You either believe or you dont......I think it depends very much on your early years and upbringing. :rolleyes:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You either believe or you dont......I think it depends very much on your early years and upbringing. :rolleyes:

It doe's...Nursery schools STILL EVEN NOW...teach the kids about GOD.....

I think that's wrong...

What about Science?...;)

Back