• yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • no

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

Elea

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
NO i don't.....I'm an Atheist... with a capital A..!

But which God are you referring to ? When what God you actually believe in depends entirely on which country you were born in ???

There are quite a few possibilities. Since there can only be ONE GOD.... Which God is the 'Right' one ?

The Homeric epics and Greek philosophers, parts of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Enuma Elish, The Analects, Tao Te Ching, Avesta, The Vedas, The Upanishads, The Bhagavad Gita, The Dhammapada, Jaina Sutras, Torah, the New Testament, the Gnostic writers, Quran, The Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

You argue the plurality of Gods is evidence of atheism, or that most people are mistaken about God. Couldn't the argument be reversed? The fact that all people, with few exceptions, have worshipped some kind of highest God or Great Spirit is actually evidence of God?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Why would there be a GOD in the first place? When there is absolutely no need for a God.

God's were invented by man when there wasn't science to answer profound questions. Now we have Science and understand how we came to be.

The universe was created from 'Nothing'. A great video (It's an hour long but a very good video)

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
..... But there must have been something to start it all off.... the big bang maybe?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
..... But there must have been something to start it all off.... the big bang maybe?

The 'Big Bang'....?

The Big Bang is only a Theory...

What started things off..( As you put it.)...Was Gravity...!

The Big Bang Theory is flawed...The |Red| SHIFT Values are all wrong.

If you listened to one of my videos?..

You may understand?

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I just googled it and ended up looking at Einsteins brain!

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Wats these videos got to do with Einsteins brain?

Elea

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
God's were invented by man when there wasn't science to answer profound questions. Now we have Science and understand how we came to be.

The universe was created from 'Nothing'. A great video (It's an hour long but a very good video)

I heard that lecture and read Krauss's book "a universe from nothing" about four years ago. In essence, Krauss argues that the universe could come from nothing, which he defines as a quantum vacuum. He believes this undermines the need for a Creator. In response to Krauss: First, a quantum vacuum is not nothing. The nothing of Krauss has a number of properties. Indeed, Krauss himself concedes this. He writes: "It would be disingenuous to suggest that empty space, endowed with energy, which drives inflation, is really nothing. In this picture one must assume that space exists and can store energy, and one uses the laws of physics like general relativity to calculate the consequences." I believe Parmenides may have been right. Absolute nothing may be impossible to conceive or express. This is my sense of nothing. I reject Krauss's notion that science dictates what words mean.

Second, Krauss suggests how the universe could have arisen. He offers a hypothesis, which I have no more reason to believe than the fundamental postulate of string theory, that everything is composed of infinitesimal strings, which vibrate at different frequencies in 10 dimensions.

Finally, even if Krauss had explained where the visible universe came from, he has still not answered Parmenides's principle of sufficient reason (PSR). If the macroscale demands explanation, why not the quantum vacuum? This is comparable to attempts of atheist physicists like Victor Stenger to explain fine-tuned phenomena. In his book The Fallacy of Fine-tuning, Stenger used inflation to explain the improbable isotropy of the cosmic microwave background (CMB). However, the parameters of inflation are just as improbable as this initial state of the universe. Thus inflation fails to resolve what he sought to explain. The same problem just shifts to inflation. And even if inflation is true (physicists and cosmologists express grave doubts about this theory), the question then becomes: why does inflation give rise to this improbable isotropy of the CMB? Likewise, Krauss's hypothesis of a quantum vacuum just drives the PSR a step back. One could still ask Krauss: where did the quantum vacuum come from? I think Jude99 is ultimately right. We still need a deeper explanation. And whilst empiricists rest with appearances, others view these as shadows of reality.

Last edited:

Elea

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
What started things off..( As you put it.)...Was Gravity...!

The law of gravity describes the relation between bodies. Those bodies already exist. This law creates nothing.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
and god is where when he is needed? down pub having aa pint i bet . [ just thought i throw that in.]

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The law of gravity describes the relation between bodies. Those bodies already exist. This law creates nothing.

It does really cos it explains to the novice in simple language. To gravitate means to be pulled towards or as in physics to move by gravity........I didnt study physics sadly but did Mathematics to A level.. I was not that clever to take if further. :(

Back