Catfishing online

T

TCcohog

Interesting read for me
You don't get good at stalking, trolling, scamming or being a sexual predator without experience. Please be in no doubt that online predators are smart, experienced effective master manipulators that are very focused.

It is difficult to identify an online abuser because they know how to act or blend in online, so they don't stand out. They also hide behind fake identities profiles and photos. they access sites via proxy servers They want to be anonymous untraceable.

They have skills to identify kids, adults that are risk and vulnerable by what they say and how they act online. They zero in on those that are lonely, sexually confused, lack confidence, are experiencing some form of pain, neglect or loss in their life. These are people who are easier to befriend.
They gain enormous satisfaction finding new pray and achieving their goals
THAT IS WHY THEY ARE SO DANGEROUS.
Warning sign of online predator include
1. Agreeing with everything you say "as if you were sole mates" or someone who just gets you.
2. Anxious to move onto online site eg to private method of communication
3.Asking for personal information were you work, were you went to school etc
4. Want to know about your emotional state, getting you to pour your heart out to them.
5. Start talking about how much they love you only after a few chats. They seem to interested to soon.
6. Trying to disrupt relationships suggesting that your friends or family don't understand,appreciate ,or love you-but the abuser can
7. They know things about you that you didn't tell them, They have done research.
8. They seem to know were and when your online
(www.Grahamcluyley.com)

My view
one of the key factors and outcomes of grooming. The victim feels ashamed to talk about it. The victim can believe they let it happen. The self blaming leads to no reporting. The self doubt leads to survivor blaming themselves.
Grooming blurs lines Survivor might feel that the blame they put on themselves is replicated by others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You seem obsessed with this stuff...!

You got caught and it wasn't nice for you and you are trying to warn others..Fair enough....but don't obsess over it.

Move on.

T

TCcohog

You seem obsessed with this stuff...!

You got caught and it wasn't nice for you and you are trying to warn others..Fair enough....but don't obsess over it.

Move on.
I tend to see a positive other than negative in life. I for one intend to put a lot more of this in delivery of training. I also will be reminding myself that parental controls online for my grandchildren will be much more stringent. Obsessed no. I would rather Mr Altair that you avoided my thread, and didn't become obsessed by trying to educate me in the way of chat life.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I tend to see a positive other than negative in life. I for one intend to put a lot more of this in delivery of training. I also will be reminding myself that parental controls online for my grandchildren will be much more stringent. Obsessed no. I would rather Mr Altair that you avoided my thread, and didn't become obsessed by trying to educate me in the way of chat life.

Really?....!

T

TCcohog

Really Mr Altair. You see I find people love real, real life stories. To deliver something in front of people, I always find its best to research, otherwise you wont know what your talking about. Please don't insult people who joins this thread

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Yes i see....

Your delivery was in every ones face...How could it be missed?.. It's right here on the Forum.

I don't need to research anything...;)

You carry on Researching though...if it makes you happy.

I wont insult anyone here...Unless they deserve it..;)

T

TCcohog

Ah "deserving" so you intend to go on with your bullying and harassment online Mr Altair.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Ah "deserving" so you intend to go on with your bullying and harassment online Mr Altair.

Ahhh. Now comes the real insults eh?...!!

You are accusing ME of Bullying and Harassment.. !

To whom have I been bullying and Harassing?....

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You are still on-Line....Answer the question.....Mrs TCcohog.

T

TCcohog

Nah...not so fast.

You accuse me of Bullying and Harassment and You actually think you can just say 'Bye'.?

Fair enough.
Oh Mr Altair it seems you are obsessed with me Shucks rolls eyes I'm flattered:rolleyes:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Me... obsessed with You?...Don't flatter yourself too soon, it's obviously the other way around i think..!

You have accused me of Bullying and Harassment, which is not a nice thing to be accused of.

You fail to back up your claim with any evidence.

How would YOU feel?

I am obsessed with NO one.

Before this goes any further i suggest you take a good long hard look in a Mirror.

T

TCcohog

Hi babes didn't think we were talking about feelings shucks :rolleyes: You do say the sweetest things. I've noticed you are calling me Mrs no sweetie I'm not a Mrs. Just for you, you can call me what the prisoners called me after 8 weeks. Mama TC no actually it was PC. Anyone would be fine. Ohh babes if you really want me to look in the mirror I will. Have a lovely evening

Attachments

• catfish 1.jpg
    catfish 1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 11

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Hi babes didn't think we were talking about feelings shucks :rolleyes: You do say the sweetest things. I've noticed you are calling me Mrs no sweetie I'm not a Mrs. Just for you, you can call me what the prisoners called me after 8 weeks. Mama TC no actually it was PC. Anyone would be fine. Ohh babes if you really want me to look in the mirror I will. Have a lovely evening

Don't call ME Babes.

I have never called you Mrs.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Out of interest...How did you Attach a photo to your post?

Some sort of hosting site or BBcode?..

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Methinks you have a fan, Altair!...

Back