Brexit - Second Referendum

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
we lost the great in grt britain when we joined the common market this is our country and no way should any country dictate how we should run it soon as britain gets back to british rule the better this country will be

Blair just conceded in one of his speeches that the economic growth in India and China, could very well be larger than Europe combined. He was concerned about keeping power in the west, but is global prosperity such a bad thing? It just shows you that economic prosperity is in fact outside the EU.

B

Ben50cambs

we lost the great in grt britain when we joined the common market this is our country and no way should any country dictate how we should run it soon as britain gets back to british rule the better this country will be
I hear a lot about "taking back control" and yet no one ever says what it is we no longer control that we will control by leaving the EU. And don't say "we will be able to make deals with other countries" because that is the daftest response - only a politician can make that claim and get away with it. For the rest of us who live in the real world know that all the other countries outside the EU, China (which already has a good deal with the EU), Japan (which recently completed a good deal with the EU), and the US (good luck with getting a good deal out of them), put all the rest into one basket and they pail into insignificance. It is not about trade ... I think deep down there are many "old" Tories who are still fighting old wars ... the Germans failed to dominate Britain militarily through 2 world wars ... finally they are about to do it economically ... and Britain does not like it one bit !

B

Ben50cambs

Blair just conceded in one of his speeches that the economic growth in India and China, could very well be larger than Europe combined. He was concerned about keeping power in the west, but is global prosperity such a bad thing? It just shows you that economic prosperity is in fact outside the EU.
Not sure I fully follow your argument. I don't think it is news to anyone that India and China are growing at faster rates than US, EU, and Japan - they are "growing" economies and so high annual growth rates are normal. So Tony Blair is not "conceding" anything - it is a fact. For your info - The only countries that are growing faster that India and China are Iran, Turkey, Ireland (which is in the EU), and Vietnam ... but to put things into context their combined total GDP is less than that of Brazil (which in turn is less than that of Italy) !

paula

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
very true wojcik thats what europe sre worried about when we come out we will stand on our own 2 feet and there worried others will follow

B

Ben50cambs

very true wojcik thats what europe sre worried about when we come out we will stand on our own 2 feet and there worried others will follow
Hi Paula - I guess I am just an incurable Europhile - but I think the only "others" who may consider following the UK out of the EU are Greece and other basket case economies who have done disastrously out of the EU. I think the case for leaving Europe only makes sense on political grounds - not economic ones.

jacqui0

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
There will be no 2nd referendum there's no going back. respect the vote!

Why should this be treated any differently the the Scottish Referendum vote ......Hmmm let me think oh yeah some voted for it without actually knowing what it was going to involve and what they were promised that they were not going to get...

Oh well t u double ff.... be careful what you vote for!

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Why should this be treated any differently the the Scottish Referendum vote ......Hmmm let me think oh yeah some voted for it without actually knowing what it was going to involve and what they were promised that they were not going to get...

Oh well t u double ff.... be careful what you vote for!

And anytime Scotland wants another referendum, all Nicola Surgeon has to do is request one and it will be granted.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Blair is a failed prime minster why should people belief anything that comes out of his mouth
hes only in it for the money he can make out of it he should keep his trap shut

hakan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
our biggest trading partner after the eu is the states where 12 % of our total exports go.our greatest single export item to the states .cars!.cars we wont be making anymore if we leave the single market.yes we wil be free to be even more subserviant to the states.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Haken you know what to do leave if your not happy

liam222

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I actually hope it makes Britain really poor

I’d love to do what Albanians and Indians etc do and go to another country and come back in a few years and be loaded

If it’s true what remainers say I should be able to do this

I can’t wait

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Well we will have to live with that and I'm sure we will be stronger in the long run

B

Ben50cambs

Well we will have to live with that and I'm sure we will be stronger in the long run
Have you ever noticed that no one has ever been able to say which countries we will be abe to make deals with when we leave the EU ? Because they know it's a myth... there are no countries outside the EU who dont already have a good deal with the EU - and the best we can hope for is to renogotiate those same deals and shout from the roof tops that we are negotiating our own deals ... pathetic really !

hakan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
where should i go words .i was born in the uk?so we cant voice our concerns anymore about whats wrong in my country.

hakan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
ben spot on the eu has over 700 trade deals with 75 of our largest trading partners.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Your still not getting a second one haken so try living with it

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
We dont want anymore......we just wanna get out.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hakan only wants us to stay in he can charge people more money in his run down houses

Back