Believe this or don’t. I merely give you the opportunity to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bad_Influence

If you allow a vax passport to be imposed you are agreeing to not being able to travel, dance, dine, or be entertained without being up to date with whatever the government of the day wants you to comply with.
Jabs today. Meat intake tomorrow? Gas boiler? Car? Exercise? BMI?!

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
So it came as no great surprise to me that, having been in close contact with an infected individual (in the pub), that I had indeed contracted the virus.

Had I not been informed that someone in my company had tested positive, I may not even have gone for a test as, apart from an irritating cough, which lasted for one day, I had no indication that anything was amiss.

No high temperature and my sense of smell and taste was intact, everything seemed normal. However, a lateral flow test gave a positive reading which was later confirmed by the result of a PCR test which I subsequently took at the temporary clinic at the foot of Ferry Road.
So self-isolation was the order of the day and it was successfully completed a couple of weeks ago.
READ MORE: Scientists have created a new online guide to fight Covid vaccine myths - what you need to know
I only mention this as I have little doubt that the double-jab protected me from the more serious effects of Covid-19 and, had I not had the vaccinations, I would not have fared so well. It therefore pains me to see that the anti-vaxxers are still peddling their nonsense at every opportunity.
Let’s look at the myths and the facts:
Myth: There is little benefit in giving children vaccinations because the risk of contracting vaccine-preventable diseases is low. Fact: In recent years, the number of people contracting vaccine-preventable diseases has increased and research has shown that children who do not undergo immunisation are a contributing factor to this trend.
Myth: Vaccines can overwhelm a child’s immune system. Fact: The opposite is true. The vaccine prompts the body to produce antibodies to fight off the infection, teaching the immune system how to fight off the disease. The mRNA vaccines do not contain any live virus. Covid-19 has a spike protein on its surface that helps it enter human cells and the vaccine stimulates your body to make antibodies that can recognise the spike protein on the coronavirus if it enters your body and defend against it.
Myth: Vaccines contain unsafe toxins. Fact: The quantities of these substances are so low that they cause no harm to the body. Indeed, the body is actually exposed to these substances from various foods and through other products.
Myth: Vaccines alter your DNA. Fact: Covid-19 vaccines do not change or interact with your DNA in any way. The vaccines deliver instructions to your cells to start building protection against the virus that causes Covid-19 but the nucleus of the cell, which is where your DNA is kept, is never touched.
Well, despite the arrant nonsense spouted by anti-vaxxers I, for one, am grateful that I did get the two vaccine jabs offered to me as my Covid-19 infection could have been a great deal more serious, leading to hospitalisation or even death had I not.
For those that still refuse to get the jabs – here’s hoping that you don’t live to regret it!

Written by an expert on the Virus.

B

Bad_Influence

So it came as no great surprise to me that, having been in close contact with an infected individual (in the pub), that I had indeed contracted the virus.

Had I not been informed that someone in my company had tested positive, I may not even have gone for a test as, apart from an irritating cough, which lasted for one day, I had no indication that anything was amiss.

No high temperature and my sense of smell and taste was intact, everything seemed normal. However, a lateral flow test gave a positive reading which was later confirmed by the result of a PCR test which I subsequently took at the temporary clinic at the foot of Ferry Road.
So self-isolation was the order of the day and it was successfully completed a couple of weeks ago.
READ MORE: Scientists have created a new online guide to fight Covid vaccine myths - what you need to know
I only mention this as I have little doubt that the double-jab protected me from the more serious effects of Covid-19 and, had I not had the vaccinations, I would not have fared so well. It therefore pains me to see that the anti-vaxxers are still peddling their nonsense at every opportunity.
Let’s look at the myths and the facts:
Myth: There is little benefit in giving children vaccinations because the risk of contracting vaccine-preventable diseases is low. Fact: In recent years, the number of people contracting vaccine-preventable diseases has increased and research has shown that children who do not undergo immunisation are a contributing factor to this trend.
Myth: Vaccines can overwhelm a child’s immune system. Fact: The opposite is true. The vaccine prompts the body to produce antibodies to fight off the infection, teaching the immune system how to fight off the disease. The mRNA vaccines do not contain any live virus. Covid-19 has a spike protein on its surface that helps it enter human cells and the vaccine stimulates your body to make antibodies that can recognise the spike protein on the coronavirus if it enters your body and defend against it.
Myth: Vaccines contain unsafe toxins. Fact: The quantities of these substances are so low that they cause no harm to the body. Indeed, the body is actually exposed to these substances from various foods and through other products.
Myth: Vaccines alter your DNA. Fact: Covid-19 vaccines do not change or interact with your DNA in any way. The vaccines deliver instructions to your cells to start building protection against the virus that causes Covid-19 but the nucleus of the cell, which is where your DNA is kept, is never touched.
Well, despite the arrant nonsense spouted by anti-vaxxers I, for one, am grateful that I did get the two vaccine jabs offered to me as my Covid-19 infection could have been a great deal more serious, leading to hospitalisation or even death had I not.
For those that still refuse to get the jabs – here’s hoping that you don’t live to regret it!

Written by an expert on the Virus.
What ‘expert’?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You can have mine, I don’t want the side effects.

No thanks ,i`m having my own. I`m not selfish and i do hope that it gives me some protection and others some protection too.
If you and your crew are right then in 5 years time i`ll treat you all to a meal & drink :).
ohhh ,i may have to sell my house to pay for it though at the rate Boris is cutting back on living standards for older people ,even those who are still working .

B

Bad_Influence

No thanks ,i`m having my own. I`m not selfish and i do hope that it gives me some protection and others some protection too.
If you and your crew are right then in 5 years time i`ll treat you all to a meal & drink :).
ohhh ,i may have to sell my house to pay for it though at the rate Boris is cutting back on living standards for older people ,even those who are still working .
See above

B

Bad_Influence

Tbh i`m not interested in "numbers" either way ,for or against. I trust that my GP will do the best he or she can to keep me alive . I can` only be of use to some others alive ,not dead.
And there lies the problem, you deny the truth simply because it is uncomfortable. Stupid in the extreme.

B

Bad_Influence

Even if your ignorance could kill you. Or rather if the information could save your life, or the health of your children. How stupid is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Even if your ignorance could kill you. Or rather if the information could save your life, or the health of your children. How stupid is that?
I think that my GP knows the truth or is more capable than me to research it eh ?.

B

Bad_Influence

What sane person would at least not gather all information to protect their family? Ok I they then dismiss it as false that’s their choice, but to completely ignore it is insane. As it happens the stats above come from the ONS and the govt, but hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back