Attention

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Regrettably, you do not appear to understand what an argument is.
I outlined the basics of this subject in another thread.
An argument does not have to be personal. It can also involve more than two people who are not at loggerheads.
By the way, arguments fundamentally follow a logical protocol whereas debate does not require to do so.

And finally, the Forum is an extension of this chat site, and as you are well aware, is not essentially a hive of debate but more so personal opinion.

Regrettably I do understand what an argument is.
It is where two or more people take opposite views and attempt to justify thier opinions.
Ask anyone who is or has been married.

A debate however is where two or more people present an opinion with the hope of swaying an audience.

Arguments rarely "follow a logical protocol", they are simply one persons opinion writ large.

As you say, "the forum is an extension of this chat site, it is not a hive of debate but more personal opinion."

If one has ideas one wishes to be challenged, or opinions debated is that not the purpose of a Forum?
If one simply wishes to make oneself a victim or attack other members of chat, is that not simply self indulgance and as such pointless.

Stroking ones ego, either through percieved ineqaulities or that life didnt do right by you, or by thinking you alone know the truth and everyone else is an idiot, does not equate to asking because one wants to learn through rational debate and listening to rational ideas on a topic.

So tired of listening to attacks against other members of this forum, it's simple.
Just because someone doesnt agree with you, doesnt make them the enemy.

We are to quick to judge those who we deem "Against" us, when in reality we are usually as confused and lost in the "Supposed" facts that surround modern life.

In the age of "Mis/Dis information", how are we supposed to tell the difference?

Do we simply do as we are told by government?
Do they not have an agenda?
Do we trust the media?
Do we trust the Alt-Media?
Do we believe in "Conspiracy theories"?

Well when the government has indeed conspired to commit acts they denied which we now know are true.
When the media is nothing but a mouthpeice for the government.
We cant trust the alt media, they just want clicks.

So how can we trust anything?

The only thing we can trust is what we learn ourselves by looking, researching and.... Debating.

Present evidence,listen and hopefully learn.

Theres an old adage about enough Chimps typing could reproduce the works of Shakespeare.

With enough searching, we can learn truth in a post truth age.

But it requires effort and patience.

The more we turn against each other, the less truth we see.

In the end, how will our generations kids and grand kids thank us?
By showing them that given time and effort, we can find peace, we can be free, open and democratic?
I doubt it if we carry on like we are.

A couple of days ago, June 6th, was the anniversary of D-Day.
Those who died on that day and the many others that followed, gave us the oppurtunity to be free.

We are now wasting it.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
So how can we trust anything?
Somehow i can`t find a reason to trust or like anyone who uses this site to research my family ,then to use the chatrooms to post abusive statements or names about them and me ( after sneaking the information from one of my Social sites).All of that with no reason at all ! I don`t know the person concerned but i am aware of some of their friends who frequent the chatrooms plus the forums. If you think that can be resolved by "trust" i must disagree ,unless you can show the way ?.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Nice try fella. There are other ways,"" like asking a female clique member to look,"" just so you couldn’t accuse me. But hey, that didn’t stop you did it, even with no proof. Yet again. :p
Did YOU write that or not ? Try an honest answer for a change .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
"Even the manufacturers admit the Covid vax doesn’t work. Everything you’ve eaten is made of chemicals, but so are all poisons.".
I bet you never take an Asprin ? or Paracetomol ? )
You are one of a "lucky" few who never gets ill but laughs at people who do .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You didn’t want to learn then, and I very much doubt you have changed
Wrong ,i`m interested in any proven news but at this stage it seems a balance between where the Vaccine works or kills .
I ,and many others ,are split between whether to listen to a proven Conspiracy press and an exaggerated press.

Back