Another woman murdered on our streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saphire

"A vigil will be held to remember a primary school teacher killed in a London park.

A member of the public found the body of Sabina Nessa in Cator Park in Kidbrooke, south-east London, on Saturday after what police have described as a “shocking murder”.

Ms Nessa, 28, had been walking to meet a friend at a pub near her home last Friday, a journey that should have taken just five minutes, when she was fatally attacked.

Ms Nessa’s cousin Zubel Ahmed remembered her as a “beautiful soul” who loved teaching. He also told the BBC that she “was the most caring person – kindest, sweetest girl you could meet”.

Her death comes after the public outrage and protests over the abduction and murder of 33-year-old marketing executive Sarah Everard as she walked home alone in south London in March."

S

Saphire

Since Sarah Everard was murdered in March by an off duty police officer, an average of two women a week have been murdered in England and Wales by men.
Often by partners or ex partners, sometimes, as in the case of Sarah, stalked and murdered by complete strangers.

Do you as a woman feel safe walking alone at night?

O

Omega

I would definitely not feel safe if I were living in the UK.

All I can say is that I've been out and came home late ( 2.00 am) in the past (I'm talking before Covid) but only walked a short distance to and from my car and nothing has ever happened to me.
Having said that I never cross parks.
I tend to stick to main roads where there's plenty of public illumination and possibly people passing by.

I saw the photo of the trajectory that poor Ms Nessa used - crossing a park is never a good idea , especially if you're alone, be it day time or night - Isolated places such as parks are were murderers (strangers) tend to strike.

Sadly, we live in a horrible world and we must always consider if what we're doing or how we behave could harm us in any way.
Our freedom ends where the next person's freedom begins and we don't know what's going on in that person's head.

I realise that's not a nice thing to say or way to live, but we need to bear that in mind for our own safety.

S

Saphire

I would definitely not feel safe if I were living in the UK.

All I can say is that I've been out and came home late ( 2.00 am) in the past (I'm talking before Covid) but only walked a short distance to and from my car and nothing has ever happened to me.
Having said that I never cross parks.
I tend to stick to main roads where there's plenty of public illumination and possibly people passing by.

I saw the photo of the trajectory that poor Ms Nessa used - crossing a park is never a good idea , especially if you're alone, be it day time or night - Isolated places such as parks are were murderers (strangers) tend to strike.

Sadly, we live in a horrible world and we must always consider if what we're doing or how we behave could harm us in any way.
Our freedom ends where the next person's freedom begins and we don't know what's going on in that person's head.

I realise that's not a nice thing to say or way to live, but we need to bear that in mind for our own safety.
I always used to feel safe walking alone, now I just would not.

I agree that crossing parks isn't a good idea, as you say, if a man is looking to attack a woman, the probabilities are he will do it in an isolated space, so though it's a given women should be free to go unhindered where they like when they like, the facts are....they cant.

JennyFleck

Inconsistently Consistent
Reaction score
All lives do matter of course, but when someone is trying to highlight a specific problem, say, for example- breast cancer, we do not shout at them ALL CANCERS MATTER, do we? I mean THAT is fucking obvious. Therefore, when yet another woman is murdered, anyone who screams All Lives Matter should be dismissed as nothing but either wilfully ignorant or as if they have the inability to educate themselves about the severity of the problem we women have with male violence.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
We need policemen out patrolling our streets, on the spot and visible. People keep saying that but it isn't happening. Why? Some councils have experimented with civilian street patrols and seen a marked reduction in juvenile crime, so it does work. There is too much reliance on CCTV these days, but crime prevention should be the priority.
On the subject of rape....I don't think men appreciate the trauma of rape. There is a world of difference between having sex willingly and enjoying it, and having a man force himself into you.

D

Deadpool

All lives do matter of course, but when someone is trying to highlight a specific problem, say, for example- breast cancer, we do not shout at them ALL CANCERS MATTER, do we? I mean THAT is fucking obvious. Therefore, when yet another woman is murdered, anyone who screams All Lives Matter should be dismissed as nothing but either wilfully ignorant or as if they have the inability to educate themselves about the severity of the problem we women have with male violence.
Other than you, Jennifer, who mentioned cancer? You sick puppy

D

Deadpool

We need policemen out patrolling our streets, on the spot and visible. People keep saying that but it isn't happening. Why? Some councils have experimented with civilian street patrols and seen a marked reduction in juvenile crime, so it does work. There is too much reliance on CCTV these days, but crime prevention should be the priority.
On the subject of rape....I don't think men appreciate the trauma of rape. There is a world of difference between having sex willingly and enjoying it, and having a man force himself into you.
What...MORE police like the 1 that murdered Sarah?

C

CrazyCatLady

Since Sarah Everard was murdered in March by an off duty police officer, an average of two women a week have been murdered in England and Wales by men.
Often by partners or ex partners, sometimes, as in the case of Sarah, stalked and murdered by complete strangers.

Do you as a woman feel safe walking alone at night?
Not in my old town. Where I am now- safer than I did. There's a vulnerability about being a woman out on her after dark- we have to be on guard all the time. There's always that fear of an opportunist being in our midst and we have to watch ourselves in all sorts of places- behind large parked vans, alley ways, parks, car parks. Underground car parks are frequent places for women to be attacked.

Thing is, I'm not sure if it is indeed getting worse or it's never really gotten better. Maybe it's just reported more and we getting more and more fed up with and speaking out more.

O

Omega

Men may not get raped (well they do, it's just that it's not talked about as much as women), but they do get mugged.

These problems will never be solved - we just have to live with the fact that we have to be careful and that they can happen to anyone, us included.

Think of women who go mountaineering on their own (men too), that is sheer naivety, if not stupidity - there have been lots of cases where people either fall to their deaths, have a heart attack and die, are kidnapped and murdered whilst travelling alone in some foreign country, yet people keep going mountaineering on thier own...

Surely people can't be so naive as to expect to do as they please, when they please, where they please ?

That is pure madness and just an Utopia and always will be.

When I wrote about girls being preyed upon and raped in the thread which was deleted (which included pics of girls scantily clothed and some also drunk), this is what I was referring to - You cannot expect to go out, get dead drunk, scantily clothed and expect nothing to happen to you - You are very naive and stupid if you do .

As I said in my first post on this thread, your freedom ends where the next person's freedom begins and you don't know what's going on in the head of that person.

Having said that I'm not saying it's those girls fault if they get raped, for dressing scantily, but it is their fault for putting themselves in a position in which they are not conscious of what is going on around them, by being dead drunk.

It's all down to common sense.

Lots live their lives with blinkers on - we can't always put the blame on the police, for not patrolling the streets.

People need to start taking responsability for their own actions and behaviour.

I'm not saying that people should live in fear, but I am saying that many lack in self awareness.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Saphire

I agree with a lot of what you say here Omega.
We know females should be free to wear whatever they like, go wherever they please, and no man should ever put a finger on them if uninvited.
Rape is always the mans fault never the womans.

However, females who are unaware of danger, who dont take precautions when out and about in isolated areas, who walk alone at night through parks, will have a greater chance of being attacked by a predatory male than women who take more care.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Although its right to say that women who go out at night to party /get drunk etc and are wearing scanty clothes are not "asking" to be raped or murdered it`s obvious ,from all the assaults taking place now ,that the way they dress ,in some mad mans eyes ,is an invite .
Out of interest ,did that latest victim in the park get raped ?. If so then no need to look for a reason .If not then why were they murdered ?.Security cameras in all parks might help a little bit if they cover the whole park area.
Something definitely needs to be done to stop this attacks on women . Throw more money at a cure imo.

S

Saphire

There is no mention this latest victim was raped.
Police have issued a video of a man they want to interview, he was in the vicinity, and seemed to be trying to hide a red reflective object.

Just to add, there is no mention that Sabina Nessa was dressed in revealing clothes.
Sarah Everard was covered from head to foot when she was raped and murdered.

Rape is about power not sexual attraction.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Police have issued a video of a man they want to interview, he was in the vicinity, and seemed to be trying to hide a red reflective object.

Just to add, there is no mention that Sabina Nessa was dressed in revealing clothes.

I can only apologise ,as a male ,for these dreadful killings on women. If it`s any consolation ,the man who carries out such diabolical deeds must be mental or drugged at the time .
Not a suggestion really but i have watched the case of the male who was guilty of robbing or /and raping /sexual assaulting old women ( most over 80) and he even sexually assaulted old men . He also robbed most of them but not always and it took over 13 years to track him down ! in the early 2000 i think.

O

Omega

I agree on what you say, rape is about power and not sexual attraction.
Their only fault (if it can even be called a fault)), is that they crossed a park on their own.
As Hell says, more cameras in parks would be helpful, but it's very difficult to cover such large (and sometimes secluded) areas.
Would the potential murderers be put off by the cameras?
I really don't know as we don't really know what crosses their minds in that instance.
If they were under the effect of some drug or alcohol, they wouldn't give it the slightest thought, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back