Fave Films

P

Pageturner

Yeah I enjoyed Passengers. Sci-fi is among my preferred genre of film.
Interstellar wasn't bad, though the cheesy "Hollywood" ending let it down somewhat. Intelligently thought out though.
Passengers is a really neat concept, I will watch it soon! same, love sci fi

Elea

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Yeah I enjoyed Passengers. Sci-fi is among my preferred genre of film.
Interstellar wasn't bad, though the cheesy "Hollywood" ending let it down somewhat. Intelligently thought out though.

Interstellar next then. Perhaps you'd also like Prometheus (2012) or Prometheus Bound (I really must open a book thread here). The acting isn't paragonal. And the theme outreaches the plot, which swipes at it, misses, then tumbles down a fairly tortuous warren. But beggars can't be choosers, Kate. After all, we live in an age where people confuse CGI with meaning and American comedy with humour. Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
The 'Medusa Touch"..1978.

Richard Burton with Lee Remick and Leno Ventura..

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Interstellar next then. Perhaps you'd also like Prometheus 2012 or Prometheus Bound (I really must open a book thread here). The acting isn't paragonal. And the theme outreaches the plot, which swipes at it, misses, then tumbles down a fairly tortuous warren. But beggars can't be choosers, Kate. After all, we live in an age where people confuse CGI with meaning and American comedy with humour. Hope you enjoy it!

Interstellar next then?...WOW..!

AND i thought you were way deeper than that....!I

WOW just WOW....How wrong was i..!

;)

Elea

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Interstellar next then?...WOW..!

AND i thought you were way deeper than that....!I

WOW just WOW....How wrong was i..!

;)

I have nothing to gain from this, Altair. :)

MrLonely

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It has to be Shawshank Redemption, an amazing film with an amazing cast. Anyone's top ten of films will change, depending on mood, but that film has firmly remained my number 1 :)
too generic for my liking, everyone picks that film, its like the go to film for people who dont watch many movies. like green mile its always it the top 5 most mentioned movies. Although it is an ok film i guess.

MrLonely

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
How about the Entity true story
seen it, was an ok film. weirdly enough though i actually see a similar entity in my mums house when i was still a teen. long before i actually see the film.

MrLonely

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
"Southpaw" was a pretty good watch.
"Creed" also. I'm not always a fan of sequels and spin offs, but Creed was a credible effort.
"Blood and Bone", that's one for the boys.

Pageturner - Stigmata was my favourite film for years.
loved blood an bone

xxx_caz_xxx

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
too generic for my liking, everyone picks that film, its like the go to film for people who dont watch many movies. like green mile its always it the top 5 most mentioned movies. Although it is an ok film i guess.
Shawshank Redemption - It's a brilliant film with meaning.... great characters and a great story line... That's why I love it so much. I'm glad we're all different in movie tastes... wouldn't make for much discussion otherwise :)
Another film, which I feel has great meaning, is American History X. I have watched it many times, but to this day cannot bring myself to watch that scene again... have to leave the room:(

MrLonely

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Shawshank Redemption - It's a brilliant film with meaning.... great characters and a great story line... That's why I love it so much. I'm glad we're all different in movie tastes... wouldn't make for much discussion otherwise :)
Another film, which I feel has great meaning, is American History X. I have watched it many times, but to this day cannot bring myself to watch that scene again... have to leave the room:(
lol i'm guessing your referring to the curb stomping scene? Yeah I agree, the film is good, Its interesting to see how a full blown racist gets turned around.

xxx_caz_xxx

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
lol i'm guessing your referring to the curb stomping scene? Yeah I agree, the film is good, Its interesting to see how a full blown racist gets turned around.
Absolutely, it's a horrific scene!! Great how it portrays racism for what it really is, (a load of b****x). Another fantastic film, along the theme of racism, is The Help. Watched that with tears in my eyes :(

MrLonely

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Absolutely, it's a horrific scene!! Great how it portrays racism for what it really is, (a load of b****x). Another fantastic film, along the theme of racism, is The Help. Watched that with tears in my eyes :(
not into romper stomper then lol.

I quite partial to a bit of clockwork orange myself.

xxx_caz_xxx

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
not into romper stomper then lol.

I quite partial to a bit of clockwork orange myself.
Don't think I've ever seen Romper Stomper.... If I have,It's not had a lasting impact on me lol.
Clockwork Orange is a very dark, strange film. Shows the depravity of the human mind and how "evil" manifests. See enough of that on the 6 o'clock news and that's real life!
I love a good psychological thriller. If you've never seen them, I highly recommend the Korean/Japanese versions of The Ring, One Missed Call and Shutter. Far superior to Hollywood's versions. Just have to get used to subtitles lol

Back