What do you look for in a relationship?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
The contents of their medicine cabinet
You've associated with far too many women in the chatrooms, by the look of things. They can't all be drug-dependent wrecks, surely?
:D

Kev1n

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Trust, without it there is nothing. Pointless being with the best looking person in the world if there is no trust, it just will not last. If this hurdle can be overcome the sky is the limit especially if there is genuine love.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

What do you look for in a relationship?​

Understanding, without that one cannot form any lasting relationship.

Love can be fleeting, self destructive, possessive and sometimes violent.
None of those are always bad if coupled with understanding.

Fleeting love makes one work harder to retain it.
Love is self destructive by nature, it changes who you are, makes you weak in some ways, but strong in others if done equally.
Possessive, to dedicate oneself to another is an act of subjugation like no other.
Violent, who doesnt like kinky, angry and/or make up sex?

But without understanding, all the above can break a relationship.

(especially the last two)
;)

CordsB

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
In a relationship, I look for trust, honesty, loyalty, intimacy, a strong connection, and someone with emotional intelligence.

After experiencing some heartbreaking and unsatisfying relationships, all I desire is a healthy and genuine one.

Sometimes you don't realise how unhealthy your relationship is until you're no longer in it.

I've learned to be more cautious and aware in my relationships and not settle for anything less than what I truly want and deserve.

I've read a lot of books and articles online (from Vivastreet, Health Line, etc.) about healthy relationships, and apparently, 60% of us tolerate and stay in bad relationships.

If my relationship doesn't tick certain boxes, then I'm not interested at all.

You have to stay true to yourself!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Compatability is key , I look for a wild animal in the sack and just adjust everything else to fit ,

Try it lol

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
That could be quite revealing.:p
I've always thought that about a woman's handbag. They seem to be reflections of the personality. Mine currently holds tissues, loose change, sunglasses, hand cream, khol pencil, make up mirror, phone, lavender essential oil, a marks and spencer receipt, a bag of Pontefract cakes, a nail file, a pair of tweezers, car keys, bottle of sparkling water, a strip of Ibuprofen, hand sanitizer, ipod, ipod charger, and a face mask. Amazing what you can fit in a small Kipling.

S

Saphire

I've always thought that about a woman's handbag. They seem to be reflections of the personality. Mine currently holds tissues, loose change, sunglasses, hand cream, khol pencil, make up mirror, phone, lavender essential oil, a marks and spencer receipt, a bag of Pontefract cakes, a nail file, a pair of tweezers, car keys, bottle of sparkling water, a strip of Ibuprofen, hand sanitizer, ipod, ipod charger, and a face mask. Amazing what you can fit in a small Kipling.
My regular day bag is black leather, quite large and very heavy.
From memory, purse, tissues, sunglasses (ever the optimist) distance glasses (I never use) comb, kohl pencil, lip pencil, 2 lipsticks, clips, scrunchy, vouchers for Boots, M&S, Works, receipts, various lists, swarovsky pen, notepaper, plastic bag for life, anti viral wipes, anti viral spray, compact with mirror, strip of ibuprofen, 2 face masks, ( one mauve one animal print) black leather gloves.....probably more, but they are the basics.

No wonder I get neck ache sometimes.

D

Deadpool

And a partridge in a pear tree

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
The thread is 'what do you look for in a relationship?' Not what you look for in your handbag.
However, your mention of Pontefract cakes has, unexpectedly, put you in an entirely different light.
The telling questions is ... would you give anyone your last one?
One other thing, albeit ungentlemanly I admit; don't you care spare underwear at all? I thought that was de rigueur for a woman.

C

CrazyCatLady

The thread is 'what do you look for in a relationship?' Not what you look for in your handbag.
However, your mention of Pontefract cakes has, unexpectedly, put you in an entirely different light.
One other thing, albeit ungentlemanly I admit; don't you care spare underwear at all? I thought that was de rigueur for a woman.
'Care spare underwear at all?'

The grammar grump forgot to proof read that one!
Oh dear, Wicked.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
'Care spare underwear at all?'

The grammar grump forgot to proof read that one!
Oh dear, Wicked.
The grammar was correct. The transposition of a single word was not. I have made the necessary adjustment, seeing as it somewhat vexed you.
I have a poetic mind, therefore rhyme does occasionally creep into my thought processes. It's commonly known as 'poetic licence'.
I hope I get a response from BronzeSquirrel because I would like to know if it was a deliberate omission.

ruthless

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The contents of their medicine cabine

The grammar was correct. The transposition of a single word was not. I have made the necessary adjustment, seeing as it somewhat vexed you.
I have a poetic mind, therefore rhyme does occasionally creep into my thought processes. It's commonly known as 'poetic licence'.
I hope I get a response from BronzeSquirrel because I would like to know if it was a deliberate omission.

royal family

C

CrazyCatLady

Read that again, Wicked.
I called you a grammar grump- I didn't criticise your grammar.
Need new glasses?

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'd certainly ram my last Pontefract cake up your arse if it would stem the flow of shite you spout, yes.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Read that again, Wicked.
I called you a grammar grump- I didn't criticise your grammar.
Need new glasses?
And in response, I shall call you the Grandma Grump, shall I? ;)
Don't be rude. Thank you.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I'd certainly ram my last Pontefract cake up your arse if it would stem the flow of shite you spout, yes.
You're just another woman desperate to satisfy her own sexual gratification and not my own, aren't you? o_O
Just for that, I might even start a new thread.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Trust, without it there is nothing. Pointless being with the best looking person in the world if there is no trust, it just will not last. If this hurdle can be overcome the sky is the limit especially if there is genuine love.
Agreed! I think trust is a key element in any relationship, not just romantically!

Back